Sentinel Surfing - a "sport"? Your pix!

I am not sure, as they require a high wanted level, which the base actually had. In ‘normal’ encounters they tend to disappear when I run off to drop the wanted level and return real quick to hopefully find one still walking about. Might have to try some more, as it would be cool, although I doubt they will return to their fold-up state.

Exactly the reason I got it, the looks :slight_smile: Plenty of them around on my home planet, but the time I bought it was because of being an A-Class with 20 slots, perfect layout, and tech. Was the 2nd ship I bought and could just afford it. See here.

1 Like

I don’t think so, but there’s a way of not so stealthily roasting them with your ship’s guns (they get up in that case too, but there’s not that much they can do…)

1 Like

@Argent-Star correct this was shown in a trailer but walkersbin the wild never made it to launch so we never seen this in action until NEXT

@DevilinPixy
The only time I’ve seen them do this for me in NEXT was when I had a five star, and I hid, because I wanted to show my friend, who is new to the game, how fun it was to follow a walker around as it tries to run away and despawn.

The walker was in its crouched position atop the mountain I ditched it on, but it was on a weird bit of geography causing it to sorta shake so i thought at first it’s legs were just stuck in the mountain.

Said to my friend, ah crap it’s glitched into the mountain, we’ll have to dig it out.

Got a genuine fright when we approached and it just stood up suddenly, looming over us.

Very cool to hear you can find them in the wild like this too :slight_smile:

@SingularGleam do they really come in yellow now or is this a PC mod?

2 Likes

No mods, this is from my Xbox1x

2 Likes

Well… I guess I’m going hunting so :slight_smile:

1 Like

That big boi was on an extreme sentinel planet - there were more walkers and quadras that spawned naturally as well.

2 Likes

Hmmm… Wonder if Yellow Walkers are “XBox Xclusive”? :thinking:

… in which case, have you found any Yellow Quadras yet, @SingularGleam…?? :open_mouth:

Or, maybe Yellow marks sentinels on extreme sentinel planets, only?

Cuuuuurious . . . . .

1 Like

Now that I think of it, I’m pretty sure I have seen yellow lil guys yeah. I’ll keep my eyes out and play with some more over the next couple days - see if I can snag some pics.

1 Like

So perhaps Yellow colouring is related to its Environment / Location . . .

…rather than just being “random”. :wink:

That’d be cool.
Cuz then, when we land somewhere, if we see YELLOW Sentinels, we know we need to be cautious (if the Planetary Info doesn’t already tell us so)…

1 Like

The little guys look the same to me - haven’t found any yellow lil guys yet but I’m not done looking by a long shot. Frenzied Sentinels on this one

6 Likes

I have hit about 20 worlds so far, with no sign of the yellow sentinels - I’m leaning towards wishful thinking on my part or perhaps I was moving the sun in a pic or something. I’m still looking and playing with sentinels in hopes of finding some, the quads jumping at me makes me laugh so I’m having fun searching :smiley:

6 Likes

Good stuff, @SingularGleam. :smiley:
They do look “a bit yellow-ish” in your pic, compared to regular orangey… but perhaps it really is only about the larger units – being fewer in number overall, it would be “easier” to code a subset of them with (different colouring and) different behaviour instruction sets. :wink: :+1:

I guess it would make sense that the ubiquitous Floating Eyes / Drones would just be run-o-th-mill. :slight_smile:

Anyone else got some good Sentinel-Surfing pix for August?

I’ve yet to see someone “ride a(ny) sentinel” over a ravine for example. :stuck_out_tongue:
(It would take more patience than most have - possibly/probably?! - to ( a ) wait for a sentinel to be ‘accessible’,
( b ) take the time to Get On Top Of It, and ( c ) w-a-i-t around while it does its semi-randomised floating . . .)

@DevilinPixy’s capture of a Hunched (folded) Walker on the edge of a ravine was pretty cool – esp as it was “squatting correctly” for the terrain – its uphill “knee” was actually higher for having that foot higher up! :+1:

@Xion4012 has an excellent “close-up” shot of themselves atop a Walker (cut in close to a view of its head).
In fact, TWO shots; one where he’s literally GETTING SHOT. :scream: Hard to get. :+1: :+1: :+1: Very revealing…

Of course, @SingularGleam also gets shot whilst Sentinel Surfing:open_mouth: … atop a Quadra. :smiley:
A true photographic journalist – taking ALL the risks to get the Story and the Photo.
Peter Parker, eat your heart out!

@DevilinPixy’s “Here’s a Bone, now MUSH!” edit is brilliantly amusing. :smiley: :+1:

I now have a Big Question:

What’s the big, extra chunky stuff on the right side of this Yellow Walker @SingularGleam captured?!?
(Left in the image… Compare to the great views of the Hunched one @DevilinPixy caught.)

THIS pic shows the “Purest” form of Sentinel Surfing:

Wonder how high/low it is off the ground…? That’s another @SingularGleam entry. :wink:

@projectcartwheel gets THE CLOSEST WE’VE SEEN (so far) to a Space Sentinel; I’d think we CAN “allow” this kinda pic via"Surfing the ‘Wake’ of a (Space) Sentinel". Any objections? :stuck_out_tongue: Let us know below.

Got a snap of yourself Sentinel Surfing? Let’s have it! :smiley: :+1:

Peace … :heart:

2 Likes

Spotted this pic in The Lighter Side
https://forums.atlas-65.com/uploads/short-url/gSkBQ69Smxz7bmVmuqKtK8iVRgN.jpeg
Now… who’s gonna get a pic Surfing THIS not-quite-there-Sentinel??? :smiley:

Courtesy of @xdragon. Great capture! :+1:

4 Likes

11 Likes

Trying to teach the walker to surf?

1 Like

LOL :rofl:
Beautiful shot… AND framed by the neighbouring planet. Perfection.

“Sir, it seems I am too heavy for the surf board…”

:
:
Wait … are you pulling Karate Kid Shapes up there?!? :open_mouth:
Or are you Jacen Solo-ing…? (Force-Control of electro-mechanicals)

(… and what’s with the walking sour-dough panini, behind & to the right?) :wink:

1 Like

What am I surfing? The sentinel, or my ship?
Halfway through a battle I go back closer to my ship, and this guy was trying to fly into an intake. I guess it just got a little too attached to the ship. :joy:

7 Likes

That’s an EXCELLENT capture, @projectcartwheel! :smiley: :+1:
If the drone’s really close to the ship, I wonder if - were it to move away - you’d be left standing on the most forward edge of the thruster-jet intake . . . ? :thinking: :thought_balloon:

I also like your ship; it’s got a similar config to the “small” style I prefer; bubt I’m not keen on the shortest “starter-ship” nose. I REALLY like the tri-port engines in back, though – the 1-over-2 triangular layout is my favourite. :slight_smile:

Can only guess from this pic, but are your wings the medium-wide trapezoids? :open_mouth:

1 Like

(Rolling the few end-of-July entries into August…) Here are my

TOP PICKS for the past month of Sentinel Surfing:

From @Xion4012, Post #2 - at greatest risk to health / life & limb, atop an ACTIVE Walker:

(See original post to view the follow-up pic, where he’s being SHOT AT!)
(Special Mention: SingularGleam’s pic atop a YELLOW Walker…!)

From @DevilinPixy, Post #6 - an attempt at Quadra direction; perhaps they need training:

From @SingularGleam, Post #14 - a well-framed/-composed “classic” Sentinel Surfing pic:

From @Mad-Hatter, Post #28 - a very tidy presentation / close-up of a Quadra,
with a rather coincidentally-colour-coordinated rider atop it:

(Special Mention: Marky’s similar pic, but with the Quadra’s REAR featuring!) :rofl:

SUPER-Special Mentions
(1) @SingularGleam - for the greatest contribution to this thread, and wide variety of pix;
(2) @DevilinPixy - for a (non-surfing, but) RARE capture of a “folded” / squatting Walker!
((Bonus – the ship she’s flying is an attractive example, in a style I like. Minus the Engine.))

… and that’s it for AUGUST! :smiley: :+1:

Which is YOUR Favourite Sentinel Surfing pic? :thinking:
[VOTE with :heart:s!]
(Voting “closes” after 3weeks of the following month: Midnight 22nd.)

Don’t forget to stop back into Post #1 for some “category”/theme ideas for YOUR NEXT Sentinel Surfing pic. We’re still on the lookout for someone Surfing a Sentinel over a gorge/chasm!! :stuck_out_tongue:

The BEST of The Best monthly Sentinel Surfing pix will be announced by Christmas!!
(Best of August, September, and October, up to Halloween; voting through Thanksgiving!)
We’re looking for Content, Image Quality & Framing / Composition, and considering Level of RISK, as well as elements which could be considerd Humourous. :smiley:

Currently Leading August (... will be Update-Edited)

@Xion4012 & @DevilinPixy* - both at 18 :heart:s as of current count @ 05 Sept. GMT
*Devi’s edited Quadra-bone pic has 22, but technically “doesn’t count”! :frowning:

… and @projectcartwheel has kicked things off nicely for the September round. :sunglasses: :+1:

Happy Sentinel Surfing! :wink:

4 Likes

Not a surfing pic - forgot to include it with my tai chi pose.

6 Likes