Sentinel Surfing - a "sport"? Your pix!

7 Likes

@toddumptious - looks like you found a LUSH, VERDANT planet on which to Ride Your Creatures. :wink: :+1:

@SingularGleam - that’s an excellent “Face/Off” style pic - v dramatic. Well done. :smiley:
(PS what’s with the red things from before? I obvs haven’t explored near enough yet…)

2 Likes

Those measles are small rocks, they give ferrite dust when mined.

2 Likes

9 Likes

" Sentinel Surfing: In the Line of Fire "

:open_mouth:

:wink: :+1:

2 Likes

11 Likes

" I Am One With My Quadra Sentinel "

:smiley: :+1:

I like this pic, @Mad-Hatter, cuz it looks so . . . colour coordinated…! :wink:

2 Likes

10 Likes

Trying for a surfer pose

11 Likes

Another good pic, @SingularGleam

YELLOW Walker?!? :open_mouth: Cuuuuurious…

2 Likes

They come in yellow now??

2 Likes

Yep! They also have a standby mode if they spawn naturally on a planet, their legs retract and the head sits on the ground - neat to see them wake up

1 Like

I thought that was “old”, @SingularGleam – remember one of the Early Videos, where it was A Very Dark Night, with the blue-ish / purple-ish veg, the ship was parked on a slight slope, and as the player approached, a walker suddenly stood up, and in the dark we mainly saw its Big Blue Eye…?! :open_mouth:

1 Like

@SingularGleam – I FOUND IT! :smiley:

After some searching… bloody hell LOL

(In case it doesn’t embed nicely, PlayStation’s own “No Man’s Sky : Portal gameplay TRAILER : PS4” is what it’s called…)

You’ll see the EYE from some distance, to the left…

It’s at about the 40sec mark when the Walker suddenly stands up. :sunglasses: :+1:

I find the POSE it adopts, when it does, kinda funny. :rofl:

2 Likes

Yep! That is old I guess, pretty much the same as now - little faster maybe in that vid

1 Like

I just recently noticed these spawning together with a building, all folded up and had yet to realise those are actually the big walkers. You can have a good look in photo mode while still flying. As soon as you land they’ll stand up.

8 Likes

Mine was right by a building as well.

1 Like

Excellent capture, @DevilinPixy. :smiley: :+1:

I wonder if there’s any “stealthy” way to approach a “folded” Walker on foot . . .

NMS is kinda “RPG”, but not character-stats-RPG . . .and I don’t think there’s any option for a “quiet” ExoSuit add-on… :wink:
… but that’d be neat, if we were able to “creep up on” (and then climb on top of) a Walker. :smile:

PS - nice lookin fighter you’ve got there; like the way the 3 flight surfaces seem to “match” – it’s a good look. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I am not sure, as they require a high wanted level, which the base actually had. In ‘normal’ encounters they tend to disappear when I run off to drop the wanted level and return real quick to hopefully find one still walking about. Might have to try some more, as it would be cool, although I doubt they will return to their fold-up state.

Exactly the reason I got it, the looks :slight_smile: Plenty of them around on my home planet, but the time I bought it was because of being an A-Class with 20 slots, perfect layout, and tech. Was the 2nd ship I bought and could just afford it. See here.

1 Like

I don’t think so, but there’s a way of not so stealthily roasting them with your ship’s guns (they get up in that case too, but there’s not that much they can do…)

1 Like