The Lighter Side of NMS. Graphics Hiccups and Funny Pics

Actually, I’ll save them the trouble, as there is a trick to this :wink:

Basically when up against a wall or alike, the camera will not render the player. The multitool does however render now this is fixed. So you can end up only seeing the tool. Easy to just step away a bit to get the player to render again and all is fine. Just thought it was funny :joy:

The tool does render through everything else though and doesn’t care what is supposed to block its view. Now that I will report …

8 Likes

First time in ages I’ve gotten a case of the giggles.
Caption was spot on. :+1: :rofl:

3 Likes

Zendesked!

But… where’s my farmer?

Oh okay fine.

Here’s a double problem.

And still:

10 Likes

So I was fighting sentinels, doing that new infamous armourer mission.

I was jetpacking to my ship with no shields while a walker tried to kill me. It didn’t. I made it to my ship.

Well, sort of…

See, I thought I was being real slick. Quite the clever clogs, really. Held the button to board my ship as I came hurtling by on my rocketpants. If I could nail this escape they would cheer my return to the space station. They might even give me a cool nickname.

However, the circle did not fill up to activate boarding sequence before I shattered both my shins against the hard rock floor, wooden splinters shooting up as my clogs exploded from impact velocity.

I swear I heard a very bad rendition of Blue Danube Waltz by Strauss played on trombone as it all happened in slow motion, as if the simulation wanted me to endure this embarrassment for as long as I could.

So that was it. First death on my new normal save while I wait for my previous iteration to get patched. Smeared across the surface of a planet, nanometers from my ship (actually some of me may have ended up ON the ship).

Guess I’ll just do the walk of shame back there and get my gear from the gra-…

Wait. What’s this? Why am I at a crashed ship sight!? Why is my ship here? Why did I not lose any of my stuff?

Glitches and hacks be praised! All my gear is intact, inventory check shows I have all my stuff, no grave to visit, no ship to fix.

Then, like that moment in every twilight zone/outer limits episode, I realise the catch.

My ship is forever smoking, forever on fire.

And long story short I literally just wanted to show you my glitched ship that is forever crashed but always flies.

15 Likes

Ah. I thought it was now rendering when taking pictures in first person. :smile:

2 Likes

All I did was go around the building, came back to this.

Not sure what happened.

XDragon

9 Likes

Are those Sentinel parts? Do they just look big or are they actual size but zoomed in close?

That’s close to actual size I am not sure how that walker came a part but I didn’t get him :slight_smile:

XDragon

1 Like

“See, Jamie? This is what happens to naughty sentinels who go around misbehaving!”

1 Like

Found my exocraft after NEXT dropped.

Space Station Suptnik.

Space Station Suptnik inside.

Ghost freighter. :ghost:

Time to spoon feed the help… or… Whos kids are these. :joy: They look like high chairs!

8 Likes

Interesting enough, I found something similar, although the parts are not as interesting as yours. Looks like drop pod scrap floating.

8 Likes

@sheralmyst – I wonder if that might be worth ZenDesking , then, ‘just in case’…?

That ground texture looks … very “rippled” – or, “over-bumpy”(?!) – if it’s wasting GPU cycles(?) to do that, it may be slowing the game down for some, or at least negatively affecting frame rates (even if not noticeable for some); and we know that lots of gamers hold their frame rates in high regard, so it would ultimately be in Hello Games’ interest to address it if they can produce a fruitful update / patch for it. :wink: Just my 2 cents’… :smiley:

@arpoja - have you met Q in YOUR corner of the universe? :wink:

@DevilinPixy - tried to SURF your land-visiting pet Fish…? :open_mouth:

@Polyphemus - would you remember an arcade classic called “Lunar Lander”…? :slight_smile: :+1:

@Xion4012 -
https://forums.atlas-65.com/uploads/short-url/9xDsMZ7UyRVl0KbXliLyAJuyAYC.jpeg
… did you happen to have a rough / turbulent ride through the planet’s atmosphere…? :open_mouth:
Didn’t get to the air-sickness bag in time, huh? :nauseated_face: :face_vomiting: :mask:
:thinking: :crazy_face: :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

5 Likes

There is no try

15 Likes

Yeah, I don’t like flying :nauseated_face:

12 Likes

I believe tessallation is only available on PC (unless newest gen consoles can handle it) and it can be turned off.

1 Like

I was speaking through another Vy’keen

10 Likes

The moon knows.

See, no need to ask - the moon already knew who it belongs to.

12 Likes

OK, I’d not thought about tessellation - thanks for that.
(I believe, though, that the APUs / GPUs in both the latest XBox and PS4 ought to be able to handle tessellation.)

To make sure I’m clear: I wasn’t going on about the pretty hexagons (& hemi-hexagons) across that planet’s surface, but rather the “ripple-looking” / bumpy (black) lines . . . which made me wonder about a wet-looking surface. :slight_smile:

I’ve yet to find / hit a planet like that one – I’m gonna keep an eye out; I wonder if it’d be suitable for a base…?
Hmmm…

1 Like

Yes you can place a base without too much trouble. The basic resources are there. It takes longer to harvest them though as you are mostly busting tons of small rocks for ferrite.

1 Like

I guess I REALLY wanted to leave

Was in an uncharted system. There were no signs of space stations etc (as one expects from uncharted systems) but at all times it warned I was near one, no matter how far I went :slight_smile:

Wuh oh… Sorry Artemis, new iteration, new problem, same end result. We won’t be seeing eachother this time either :smirk:

through the window… Er… Walldow?

love it when the expression matches the flavour text :slight_smile:

When designing trading posts, they didn’t really account for natural occurrences like sand storms or, snow drifts.

I know he needs help I’m just not sure what with :smirk:

The locals are already decorating mineral shards and trees with gifts and trinkets for Grand Unification Day

thought I found a very rare unique frigate at first

11 Likes