Etarc Hub Is Open

All ETARCians are invited to join the ETARC HUB located on and around a large dual region star-chain, located in the Alpha quadrant of the Euclid Galaxy.
Naming conventions apply so be sure you follow our naming methods as we develop this interesting location.
For those using black-hole roulette and warp drive, the HUB location is
051D:007F:01B7:00DD
Safe journey and may the Thamium 9 be plentiful!

TEMPORARY RESIDENCE SYSTEMS PORTALS FOR ETARC HUB.
Please read this entire post to ensure smooth integration.

A Temporary Residence System is in use, where-by following the basic principle of;

1. portal in.
  2. claim base.
  3. temporarily relocate.
  4. relocate again; (new residents can find themselves a temporary base on a planet next door to the one they portaled onto and able to then explore to find a permanent home base).

Just be sure to move on as soon as you can, to free up the Temporary Residence Base Systems.

THESE ARE NON-RESIDENCY SYSTEMS.
DO NOT SET UP A PERMANENT BASE IN THESE SYSTEMS.

STRONGLY RECOMENDED THAT TRAVELLERS TURN OFF BASE SHARING WHEN RELOCATING TO AVOID VARIOUS ISSUES.

FASTRACK PORTAL
Located in the ETARC CELLAR system, Neonblush ECSD has an iridescent, lush environment with hot rain. There is a comm-marked base, 5 minutes directly out of the portal.
As this is the FAST TRACK PORTAL, be prepared to move ASAP to a new location the moment you lift off. The nearby ice planet of Wolfbones ECSD would provide a good temporary 2nd base as it’s portal is of no use.
DUE TO EXPECTED HIGH TRAFFIC, LEAVE THE SYSTEM AS SOON AS YOU CAN.
ADDRESS: faces/sunset/faces/bird/ sunset/sunset/vortex/fish/ dragonfly/rocket/bird/tree

These next 2 locations are in the Wayfarers Gateway ECSD system, the first system to be named in accordance with the agreed naming methods to be used throughout the hub regions. This system is offset slightly from the star-chain and by use of the galactic map, presents a breathtaking view of the intriguing structure.
There are 2 portals open in this system.

PORTAL 1:
The radioactive ocean planet of Trepidations Grasp ECSD.
All bases are about 1 hours walk away so be prepared to drive your exo some distance.
Remember, this is a TEMPORARY RESIDENCE SYSTEM. Leave a com to tell others and then leave the planet and claim elsewhere to free up the bases. The nearby planets of Galliano Blues ECSD and Nomads Rest ECSD will provide useful secondary temporary habitats while you are finding your new home.
LEAVE THE SYSTEM AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
ADDRESS: bird/sunset/rocket/rocket/ sunset/sunset/vortex/fish/ dragonfly/rocket/bird/tree.

PORTAL 2:
The desert planet of Ashen Sands ECSD.
The closest base is about 10 minutes away.
Remember, this is a TEMPORARY RESIDENCE SYSTEM. Leave a com to tell others and then leave the planet and claim elsewhere to free up the bases. The nearby planets of Galliano Blues ECSD and Nomads Rest ECSD will provide useful secondary temporary habitats while you are finding your new home.
LEAVE THE SYSTEM AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
ADDRESS: faces/sunset/rocket/rocket/ sunset/sunset/vortex/fish/ dragonfly/rocket/bird tree

IMPORTANT. Dual residencies in the same system glitch up base-sharing. This is not an issue in the Temporary Residency Systems listed above, as you are only claiming bases for the purpose of relocation and then leaving again.
However, elsewhere in the hub, thoroughly check every planet and moon in your intended system prior to moving in to ensure you don’t affect another player’s base.

Once you have made your choice in your new system, mark your planet with 2 beacons. One at your portal so you can find it and a BRIGHTLY COLOURED one at your base so others can find it. Also remember to leave a com at your new base so all modes are aware it exists to avoid base share problems.

If you come across a beacon marked planet DO NOT MOVE INTO THAT SYSTEM!
It is already claimed.
SAFE JOURNEY TRAVELLERS.

EDIT.
Please note. Unless a beacon is in your base area others will not be able to locate it.
Marking the portal is for your own convenience so once it is activated, it remains visible on your hud. Others will not be able to see that beacon.

Naming Methods of the ETARC Hub.
Planets and stars named non-descriptively at the Traveller’s preference, claimed in the name of the Hub showing the ECSD suffix.
System: System-name ECSD.
Planet: Planet-name ECSD.
Animals: Traveller’s choice.
Plants: Traveller’s choice.
Minerals: Travellers choice.
Keep it nice.

Safe travels everybody.

Edited details regarding beacons for clarity.

15 Likes

This makes me wish I was still in Euclid… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Welp, guess I’m gonna be using a new game save :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Right smack on the black hole ring of where I am now perfect :star2:

6 Likes

What are the names of the two regions of the hub? We need to know to ensure we name all the stars in those regions with the naming conventions.

3 Likes

Bezesi Cluster
&
Morshob Adjunct

(edit: fixed spelling error)

2 Likes

Thanks! I will be posting a thread for the Spacing Guild’s HEAD project for ETARC Hub momentarily.

3 Likes

Thank god those roll off the tongue unlike the Rentocniijik Expanse of the galactic hub

1 Like

Here is the link the Spacing Guild’s project to help explore the ETARC Hub:

1 Like

Good to see it does exist outside of my own console.(I was a bit worried). Had a chuckle in the vid when you were looking in every direction before looking up.
The exploration begins!

2 Likes

Ok, I’ve re-established a base about 1300 LY away from the hub. I have to admit that I’m very new to this approach to the game but I consider myself an explorer. My question now is how do I help? How do I share my findings? Is there a preferred approach? I need direction. PM me if that would be more appropriate.

2 Likes

sigh I had black holed just 400 warps from the hub and started warping but then the Atlas story had other plans and I went in a portal stupidly and now I can’t revert to the save where I was 400 warps away. I can only load the backup from just before going into the black hole damnit

Just start exploring. Name the systems and planets following the proper methods and enjoy NMS as per usual. Try to be systematic and explore systems near each other and within the 2 regions of the hub chain (for now).
If you are online as you UPLOAD your finds they should simply go straight to the data base.
If you find a distinctive planet of special note; due to having 20 metre tall diplos or other interesting finds, post it here (maybe with some directions) to share with the community. If you find somewhere nice which suits your purpose as a home, put down 2 beacons (portal and base) and move in.
If you punch “scan” you should get the “contact” markers pop up of others of us in the area. I’m currently bouncing back and forth between Wayfarers Gateway ECSD System and my home system. Wayfarers System ECSD is halfway up the chain and out a bit.

The Atlas does like to slap us in the face sometimes…

2 Likes

Will do. Aren’t we also trying to find our capitol planet/system? Has there been any discussion on the type of place we’re looking for? Forgive me if this has already been answered I just don’t remember reading anything anything that covered it.

No. Apart from a green star, about halfway up the chain and out a bit, which I picked out but have not explored, nothing has really been decided. Perhaps hold off on exploring the middle bunching in the chain until more people arrive and can view the formation in their galactic map and can make a decision. It should be a group decision not necessarily by polls but at least chatted about. Are you over on Elysium Arcadia? I just noticed it as a recent contact point.

1 Like

No. I’m on the outer edge of Morshob working my way in.

OK, haven’t located you yet but…I just noticed another visitor popping right up on the chain in the upper half.
It’s quite fun to watch this region slowly springing into life.
Jekapavo ECSD just got discovered!

Be interesting to see it all discovered once I return.

1 Like

I saw @MacForADay discover that on his video. It was shortened slightly :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I had to sit on this one last night while making a decision… Do I pack up my survival farm and make the trip (the easiest option!) or do I go back to my bugged out normal save from 1.31 (bound to be not bugged no mo! - couldnt find portal glyphs or travellers-) so I can see everyones bases etc…

Was not an easy decision to make, the pull to see other peoples bases is very high, but it could be a few weeks before I get the glyphs and finally make it there, might be easier even to go with black hole roulette on that save… Then I figured… Theres gonna be some survivalists making the trip, they’ll need somewhere nice to lay their head a while. I’d like to provide the provisions for such travellers.

Hope to make it there today! I missed ALL the polls haha, picked a bad time to pack and move home, but now my NMS journey will reflect that as, on this very day one week ago when I packed my stuff into a van and hit the road, I will be emulating it across the cosmos, by hook or by crooke (cromwell, ya prick!)

2 Likes

I’ll pop by when I return and say hi. You know the normal: look around, have a cup of tea, create a rift in reality, that sort of thing.
Hope you like your/our new home when you arrive.

I’m currently about 60,000 ly away, back on my pilgrimage. Nothing like burning some warpies to get you in the mood for an adventure. Yeehah!

4 Likes