[ETARC HUB]: Potentate Wanted

I have viewed this topic from afar for awhile now (over the course of the year as a stalker at first…my apologies for not socializing immediately… I am sure you all understand with the early backlash associated with the game)

Truly, I see no need for any heavy-handed edicts or governance. Obviously there is a need for a loose general naming convention… and outside of the Euclid galaxy, there is a need for one general rally point for members to collect themselves and find help with resources with the journey to the next galaxy.

However with most of us socializing in the Euclid galaxy, there is room for everyone and enough numbers of players to have areas in each quadrant for player support and CSD influence.

2 Likes

I don’t understand the purpose of this thread at all…nobody can have any real power or control over a region in the game…the most you can do is claim discoveries and have a base there for others to visit and maybe harvest some resources from…that’s it. Nothing more nothing less. Calling someone a governor or whatever means nothing to others. You could call on people to set up meeting spots for hubs and so on in various galaxies and that’s fine if you want to do that but other than that it doesn’t mean much…people and still meet and do what they do there or anywhere else regardless of what anyone else does or if they are there.

1 Like

It will be coop. It has to be. There will only really be two main things to vote on as I’ve previously covered, names and location. If the need for more voting is required that will be done here for all to see and in the event of a tie vote, the fors and againsts will have an opportunity to re-pitch their ideas before another poll is made. Might drop the whole veto idea.

As for divisions, there wouldn’t be any that would affect decisions and votes. The only obvious division is PC/PS4 and all the game modes but they all need to work tightly together to fulfill the Hub. The creative PC player will still have as much say as a permadeath PS4 player and all will have a valuable say when it comes to location scouting.

Like I’ve said, the titles are something I pulled out the air, but you do need to have a representative of the hub in each game mode to secure and create a base for the decided upon location of the capital. I just chose to call those people Regional Governors.

Everyone seems to have taken my titles as a means to control others and that’s really not my intention at all.

3 Likes

Basically, Etarc hub is a fan club more or less, and we need an individual that will take some responsibility. That everyone can turn to or follow. It is a lot of work, I speak from my experiences of instigating the CSFD. To speed things up, and by speed things up I mean keeping it slowly rolling, I took the wheel. This was not done by a vote I just did it, like slowroit did starting a hub of Etarc forum members. now I thought of picking up where slowroit left off, but I don’t believe I am slowroit’s equal. This is the way I decided to nudge, the hub.

Potentate is a strong word, I believe it means king, we don’t wont that. We want a leader for our little democracy. Some one to report, activities, to draft votes. The “potentate wanted” is click bait and a bit sarcastic, I figured it would insight, some.

As far as calling it a government with governors, supreme governors, or “That Guy”, its real just half roleplay. We could call them leaders, mangers, Shepherds, presidents, popes, alphas, The man, etc, etc.

2 Likes

This was my point. This whole process is unprecedented. I was planning to drop my initiative this weekend, but @Sir_oops beat me to it with this. My interest is in getting this going, I could care less who leads it. Considering it’s just @Oshoryu and I so far, I would concede to him now if we could just get this going. But the vote is way out yet, so I will continue providing ideas until then.

2 Likes

It still doesn’t do anything…nobody’s going to write down a PSN/Steam ID and message that person specifically for questions, they might contact someone because they saw their base and want to meet or someone on their friends if they think that person plays a lot…but people will usually take their questions to google or communities like these forums, reddit, etc. As for roleplay…very few care in any capacity…especially for rotating. The only real responsibility in game is when we name discoveries and our bases as inappropriate things can get one’s PSN/Steam account potentially suspended.

1 Like

guide me great ruler of the PC ETARC HUB

1 Like

I agree, I’ve taken a month off and no decision was made. we are spending so much time trying to find a leader and location/tag ID, that people are getting bored and leaving. I almost want to just spin the globe and point at a place for a starting location. At this point let’s just get things started, a leader will eventually rise as long as the community is active. By the way, I appreciate what everyone is doing to get this community going. I can help out by finding a location for the PC version. Sorry for my lack of patience at this point.

2 Likes

@Xion4012 and @Oshoryu, you two could get together and start instigating.

1 Like

That sound good to me. Hey @Oshoryu, it seems we can agree on the need for location of the Hub and naming conventions, so let’s start there. How about we each deal with one? Do you have a preference?

1 Like

I’ll take the naming vote if you don’t mind. Are you PC or PS4? Euclid? GameMode?

Looking forward to getting this moving with you @Xion4012 :blush::blush::blush:

1 Like

Perfect. I’ve got a few save files, but for this I’ve got a survival in Euclid (PS4). You?

I look forward to it too, this should be fun :grin:

2 Likes

Still have my day 1 Euclid Normal PS4.

I’ll get a thread started off tomorrow for people to throw ideas for the tag in. Then I’ll look to start a vote when we have enough criteria.

I’ll look through the old threads too, see what was popular before people got bored.

1 Like

I think we’re doing just fine. No need to rush because for most of us this is a long term game. Heck, there’s no way to realistically even get to our eventual goal (the true center for some of us) without a lot of time (and many months/years). Nothing wrong with taking time and doing it ‘right’. Whatever that is :slight_smile:

We’re all here to have some fun and explore!

Looking forward to what @Oshoryu and @Xion4012 have in store!

Thanks to @Sir_oops for all his work to keep us moving forward!

Wyo
lowly CSFD explorer/interloper

1 Like

Do the Friendly Overlords of the Etarcian Citizen Science Devision have an idea for what kind of planet they want for ‘Edison’ the Capital of the Etarcian Hub?
(Titles used for fun…you guys can pick your names :wink: )

1. WHAT;
    With lush planets so popular would it not be fun to pick something a little extreme for the capital…?
    I was thinking something with ample wildlife that could be named by visitors from Etarc (1 each?)
    Maybe something central in a cluster of stars…
    Or is the capital to be a system only with no actual planetary base? Solo planet system? Multiple planet system?

2. WHO;
    Given we are ‘scientists’, do we embrace some scientific principles for our chosen location? Do we want Korvax as our dominant race since they are the scientists of NMS?
    Perhaps a black hole system. An Atlas Interface maybe…? Something destinctive. Proximity to a rare exotic planet…?
    With that, we need you guys to agree on a final and formal naming system for the HUB and most importantly its capital.
    Many of us use use our own naming methods while exploring but once a hub is chosen it needs to be uniform and we need to know this method.
    I’m happy to conform if I’m in a hub.

3. WHERE;
    Finally…where?
    Have you been able to detirmine an area of interest in the 4 quadrants of Euclid?

I’m happy to begin hunting for potentials but I need some guidelines from those most involved with the politics. I’ll do large jumps to avoid discovering everything in clusters.

SUMMARY;
what do you want , where do want it and what do we call it once we find it ? (pending approval) :smile:
The Etarcian Hub Pioneers await your decisions.

2 Likes

I shall be opening up a discussion regarding names and naming conventions for the hub. Look for this tomorrow.

As for the where, @Xion4012 will be organising this.

I’m sure that once a location and everything else is decided upon, those earmarked systems that no doubt everyone has in their back pockets will come in handy.

2 Likes

I feel like having a specific leader could cause unnecessary conflict and would eventually just shatter the whole thing. I think maybe there should be some people who have more “pull” in the community and others who have less. I don’t really know what I’m trying to say, but I think giving one person or even 10 people head leadership of the hub would be giving those individuals to much authority. Idk, maybe I’m just rambling, but I really like this community and I don’t want to see it fall apart. That being said, although I may not agree with the final decision, I will support it. Either way, pleasure regardless!

2 Likes

Yeah, that was basically the census on the matter. Pretty much a moot point now. Basically, we just instigate a matter and see what people like, then try to have a good poll. Anyone is welcome to instigate or try to take the lead on a matter.

3 Likes

Keel beans. Totally didn’t realize this was 3 months ago XD

3 Likes

I believe this our main Topic now

There are more out there too, watch for [ETARC HUB] in the name.

For history see:

2 Likes