NEXT First Impressions

So the ship nav gave me a way-point for the location of a potential hermetic seal. 1000u away. That’s pretty far, but a deep breath and off I went. About half way there, a blizzard blows in. My suit says to seek shelter in a cave. It’s a fine suggestion, but I don’t have enough life support left for a scavenger hunt. I decide to make a mad dash to the way-point. I know for sure something is there. White out conditions ensued, extreme cold, disorientation was setting in, and as I stumbled deliriously over the ridge of an impact crater, I see an antenna. An antenna usually means climate controlled shelter. This time it did. It’s not much but it’ll do for now. Maybe tomorrow will be warmer.

7 Likes

Absolutely stunning! Guess I will jump in after a bit.

1 Like

Holy shitballz!

I landed at a Gek Ruin and found a box called “Artifact Fragment”… inside the box was something called “Ancient Key” !! What are those used for?? I’m super eager to find out!

4 Likes

@bcatrek Those aren’t the eggs. The eggs are near abandoned buildings and if you destroy them a hoard of the xenomorph/scorpion things attack you.

4 Likes

I seem to be completely stuck with base building…no matter what I do I cannot get the Blueprint Analyzer…any ideas?

1 Like

All I can say is Sean and HG totally outdid themselves this time. My favorite game of all-time just got immensely better (somehow lol!). WOW!!! Thank you guys/gals at HG!!!

12 Likes

First impressions:
Great! Really, really great! I’m… Speechless!

2 Likes

@MacForADay They were also called eggs, but turned out to be Albumin Pearls… I am still to find the eggs you’re referring to… in the meantime I am busy getting killed by walkers since I just happened to steal a gravitino orb, go figure!

1 Like

@DarthTrethon you need to use the portable refinery for that.

(1) blast some rocks with ferrite dust
(2) refine it to pure ferrite
(3) refine it again to produce magnetized ferrite

This is what you need to construct the Blueprint analyzer in the building menu.

Hope this helps!

2 Likes

No…I literally cannot get the blueprint for it to show up in my crafting menu at all. I know how to use the the refinery and the rest of that.

2 Likes

If I’m not mistaken you get this task from the base computer… did you interact with it?

1 Like

Right…except interacting with my base computer does nothing except let me rename the base, upload it, or something else…I have no mission from it either…I never got any mission from the base terminal at all.

I have no idea what I’m doing, AND I LOVE IT! Absolutely amazing.

I found the scary eggs. They were near an abandoned building. I interacted with one and was attacked by angry, hostile bug monsters :scream:

6 Likes

I just got off work. Almost done downloading. Going In!

1 Like

I am finally getting a grip…most tech was changed to procedurally generated items that you install once and done…once you dismantle those blueprints you get some resources and that’s it, that’s the end of them…you can’t craft them again unless you find another item for the same blueprint…some are woefully worthless…cooldown a whooping 1%…mind blowing.

3 Likes

First impression: “hey, this is awesome!”

Then Craters happened and packs of raptors hunting and eating tiny diplos happened and my mind melted and I’m still trying to collect it.

13 Likes

Ha-HAAA!!

Happy NEXT-Launch Day(-after), Everyone!! :smiley: :+1:

6 Likes

Wow procedurally-generated blueprints? I mean they could have added them on to the regular blueprints maybe but make every blueprint like that? That’s some bullshit.

1 Like

Asteroid fields are full of asteroids

My freighter has a bad paint job

Planetary entry is awesome

Landing effects awesome

NMS has a thing for placing me on toxic planets

and that is some HUGE Gamma root I mean Weed

I am exhausted but I can not stop. Now that I know I can bring my base back, I think I will continue with my old save and see how things go.

10 Likes

My freighter keeps changing colours :slight_smile: I guess it’s going through an experimental stage.

Found game very buggy when playing with four people.

Can confirm if you stumble upon someone they will appear as the faithful old bubble if they’re not in your party. Discovered this when warping to a neighbouring star that a friend was in but did not join their party via main menu, just loaded my own save and went there.

When I heard we could restore our legacy bases, that swiftly became my favourite new feature as it cured me of the mourning I was going through XD

Ita been nearly twelve hours now, hasn’t been a constant session but I still very much against the idea of sleep right now… One more jar of coffee for Todd. Just one more and I’ll stop. Promise.

By the way if you haven’t been to a ruin yet, pay a visit and pick the second option :wink: nice treat for budding archaeologists out there.

7 Likes