NEXT First Impressions

So I just thought we’d drop our random first expressions here about the NEXT update.

I’m loving my first 30min of game time so far, especially that after all that waiting I find myself respawned on a planet called … Jorge… obviously a Spanish planet but nevertheless, I have one important question…

SHOULD I TOUCH THE EGGS ???

18 Likes

11 Likes

Someone will. You might as well be the first to chronicle the results. :scream:

4 Likes

Is the “Next Update” already included on the Xbox one disc? Or will you have to download the " Next Update" after installing No man’s sky hard game?

1 Like

I can bet’ya NEXT is there from the get-go. It’s a new release on XBOX with all the features included. You can also purchase the game digitally but either way there might be a downloadable part to it. But you only pay once because Hello Games are awesomeness.

Here’s a screenshot I took mid-running with my HUD disabled:

Title: Night-time in toxic lands

8 Likes

Can’t remember what was in my freighter storage pre-NEXT, but it’s all Ferrite now.

1 Like

A good hour in. Currently, I’m lost in a massive cave, which is good because it’s -80F outside, which is more than my suit can handle, and the resource I need to keep what little shielding I have active, is scarce. And my scanner is broke. I did manage to find a ship, but like last time it’s broke as well, and determining what I need to repair it is impossible because there are messages appearing and disappearing all over the HUD. I see there is an update already… unfortunately I can’t save. I think I might survive this. I managed to refine some rock dust and make an O2 filter which should extend my ability to breathe. I tried to take a selfie.

12 Likes

I’m going to pin this topic to the NMS subforum so that everyone can get hyped up together before we start splitting things off into a slightly more organized structure.

6 Likes

Ok. My freighter is here with all my ships. But my beautiful planet is a desolate, brown wasteland and my base is completely gone.
I am floored…this is awesome! I feel so lost and yet I am loving every second of it.

7 Likes

I really recommend starting from a new save… as the only thing that seems to carry over into NEXT are the units and the nanites, ships and freighter… but if you start this game uber-rich from the get go, I feel the survival aspects in the early-game (with it’s lore pieces added in mind you) go lost…

I’m following the tutorial quests and I had to build a tiny wooden shelter on a scorching planet for mere survival, and yea - I wouldn’t have had that immersive experience if I was uber-rich (which my other save is).

Just make a back-up and try both ways, I’m sure you’ll find very soon what you feel like doing :smiley:

7 Likes

Answer: Yes! I discovered some after landing at an outpost taking a little stroll… initially hesitated, but figured I’d use the outpost for cover if sentinels got rowdy… Opened up and claimed my first 3 NEXT Albumen Pearls - which are just the same as regular APs except Sentinels don’t give a monkeys :monkey_face:!

2 Likes

I have to agree with you… Starting anew is like playing NMS2 - I damn near died, 1 hit point from death, no scanner to find zinc…I mean sodium!.. Just felt so disorientated which is how I guess you would feel being thrust into this ‘dream’ state of a traveller… Stumbled into some sodium and regained my neutral bearings :rofl:

Taking my time and loving it so far on normal mode, now in orbit of starting planet… To the space station OR signal?? Decisions decisions… Happy travels everyone! :peace_symbol: :rocket:

5 Likes

Here is my first improvised base in this game, using only the starter blueprints available in a new save.

6 Likes

And there we were thinking 1.3 was stunning… Must check out @LPlaysGaming initial reactions, he’s always an enthusiastic jipper!

2 Likes

Just caught some IGN stream where someone touched some sort of eggs…

He was then CHASED by creatures very reminiscent of the wide-bone-head KILLER aliens from PITCH BLACK … and they were ANGRY…

Other than that,
I thought eggs was where we are supposed to find those… PEARLS…?!? (Gek pearls?!)

6 Likes

Hey @Captain_Jack – I’m SO sorry… but I couldn’t help myself… I LAUGHED…

I DO hope you find a good way out of your predicament…!

OR… the new features allow a fellow player, ready with the update, to come to your aid, and bring some useful supplies…?

2 Likes

Maybe I was lucky or perhaps it’s a new type of egg… I did hear something about these horrific xenos being included - similar to that popular mod that wellknown guy made (whose name /mod I can’t remember lol!)

hahaha I had to laugh aswell man… the selfie says it all :joy::joy::joy:
Good luck fellow traveller!

2 Likes

@sheralmyst – try ORBITING the planet… is it 100% barren…?!? :open_mouth: :frowning:

@Kryzla – SPAC STATION — try the AVATAR EDITOR thingy!

2 Likes