Citizen Scientists Division - Needs Collaborative User-designed Logo!

Improved version

10 Likes

A suggestion, “EST. 2017” is great, how about
“EST. 12017 H.E.” H.E. stands for human era

3 Likes

That’s a really nice one @Oshoryu
:vulcan_salute:

5 Likes

Hiya travelers!
Am loving this direction, and would be happy to jump in with some heavyweight design software and skills. :sunglasses:

I have a few timely projects to wrap up today, but plan on tackling this tonight. I’ll keep an eye on the thread and will provide polished executions for the top ideas that get posted. So far, I’ll work out @Mad-Hatter 's combine and refine concept with the glyphs, and also @Oshoryu glorious concept with the star-chain and portal.

I have screen grabs of the stars from a few perspectives, so am good to go.
Cheers~

7 Likes

Haven’t seen you in an age on here @chelofellow! I have the original excel file I can send you if that makes life easier?

Yes that’s right I said Excel… My creativity will not be caged!

7 Likes

That you could pull this off in excel is truly impressive. Not even joking man.
I’ve got the original portal vectors, so am all good. But yeah, mad props for your legit excel skills!

Suppose it has been a while… :sweat_smile:
I went from crazy active participant to serious subsurface lurker when two things happened: 1- never got an Atlas Pass, and 2- my PS4 died. Doubly demoralized, I took the back seat for a minute, but was always around.

After some warranty-busting tinkering, I’ve got the consul back up and running! Had plans to move into the ETARC chain, but have been poking around the haze zone waiting for NEXT. I’ll get over there eventually… :smile:

5 Likes

Looking forward to see what you can come up with…anythings got to be better than my sketch :joy:

1 Like

I hadn’t received my Atlas Pass but I felt it was a minor thing. Things get lost in the mail system all the time, especially when things get sent overseas/other countries. Letters are much easier to lose than packages these days. SO I figured it was being sold on eBay…but I WAS WRONG! -)

Mine arrived last Saturday. I need to find the link for submission for the Spreadsheet showing who’s Atlas Pass has arrived…but I can’t find the link in the 1000’s of messages here. It is a PB-16 and it was announced that A&S had found a bunch of them that needed to be sent.

Yeah, if my computer died…I doubt I would be on this site myself. Luckily this 8 year old computer is still running strong.

Keep up the faith for that Atlas Pass! -) And welcome back into the fray!

TQQdles™

6 Likes

Here you go @Dolnor Documenting Atlas Pass v4 - Form / Spreadsheet / Map

3 Likes

We might want to wait until NEXT. If we get a universe reset, the star chain and portal numbers may change, no?

Also, why ETARC a better description than the more specific CSD?

1 Like

As far as I know, the previous re-seeds did not change the location of any stars. Just the conditions of the planets. But who knows what’s coming with NEXT.

Some people, myself included, prefer to use the ETARC name because this was ETARC before it was the Atlas forums. I feel like it’s a way to show respect for our origins.

4 Likes

We also chose to name our home systems with ECSD. It is nostalgic but still identifies us as CSD. This is a good point here though. Could the logo use the ECSD instead of just ETARC? It would then harmonize with our system names.

5 Likes

Am still working on it, but here’s where I’m at so far…
Got the first concept pretty much finished.

If the glyphs change after NEXT, then we can change the glyphs on the logo easy enough. So no worries there.

This is the one I’m still working on:

I got a great vector of the star-chain taken from @tajay 's photo from a planet surface- that is what you are seeing on the left. I felt that shot showed the cluster feature the best. If you know of a better one, send it along! (turns out I love making vectors of star formations. Now I wanna make constellations!)
So I still need to get the burst shape with the text, and the column of of light (instead of the circle backdrop, which is just a holdover from the other mark), then it’ll be solid.

Wasn’t sure how I’d like the reduced/simplified portal- but am really liking how its working so far. Had to delete quite a bit to open it up for the star-chain to fit (might need to open it more still…), but it is still reading like a portal which is great.

Lemme know what you guys think!

18 Likes

Hey they look amazing!! Excellent interpretation of my description. Very cool indeed :+1:

7 Likes

Wow! I really like the crisp look of the 1st one but I also really like the idea of including the starchain. Can’t wait to see the 2nd one finished

6 Likes

Yes they are looking great @chelofellow, I like where you’re going with this!

5 Likes

Remarquable!
Very good work, I trully love the idea of the star chain in the middle of the portal!
We could even make pins with this idea!

:ok_hand::clap::facepunch:

4 Likes

The star chain is cool, great design having it between portal pillars. @chelofellow

3 Likes

…And to add, our capital Edison pays further respect to our origins of the Edison Township Amateur Radio Club, (ETARC) even the Portal design itself is a homage to the original Ham Radio club logo.

Just a piece of information for those new here that didn’t know.

7 Likes

Now that you mention it, we may need a historian for ETARC the way things are going with the ARG, who knows what will happen, Atlas and CSD could be overthrown by a malevelont AI and we may become a forum of rebels and freedom fighters (wait, does that mean we are fighting for freedom or are we fighting the idea of freedom? That terms always lacked clarity.)

Be it ETARC, CSD or “You Can Take Your 42 And Shove It” (working title for group of humans disenfranchised by new AI overlord) I’m in it for the long haul

9 Likes