Citizen Scientists Division - Needs Collaborative User-designed Logo!

I’m pricing how much it will cost to produce two of these unofficial logos on fabric. I plan to use @Clemm version on a Baseball Hat (embroidered) and the ETARC Hub Division produced by @chelofellow on a Polo shirt (silk-screened). And pricing for patches of those two designs.

TQQdles™

4 Likes

Silk-screen printers usually want a vector file to make the screens for the best results. I have tried to share the vector file a few times, but the forum (still) doesn’t allow AI or PDF files.

Here is a Drop Box link to the AI file.
and here’s a link to the pdf.

I’ll host these files here for sharing, so long as you guys don’t break my DropBox account. :sweat_smile:
Be nice. Make copies and leave the originals alone. And don’t share this link outside of this forum.

5 Likes

I’ve submitted the image to 3 printers/embroidery local merchants for quotes. I’ve even inquired 2 weeks after the emails asking for quotes. No replies in any form have been given. Perhaps if I don’t show up in a business suit, I won’t be taken seriously. Oh well, now looking for other resources. I do have a friend who retired and got a 3d printer…and is looking into other media to create.

TQQdles™

1 Like

I’m liking the logo :grin::+1:

1 Like

Lets just say my artwork is… exotic

Logo Discussion Reboot

Following recent email correspondence from oldgods requesting hub details among others I’m making an effort to reboot this old thread.

This is mainly for those here who reside in the Etarc Hub or are soon to arrive.
While a small group of founding members are organizing pics & a description of the capital, we still as yet have not decided on a logo.

I propose that everyone peruse the various submissions above & repost a favourite image below… or if so inclined design a new one.
Add a comment and make sure you give the original artist credit.

Once we have a collection, we will organise a poll & make a selection & alterations as required.

Things to take into account are the easily recognisable simplicity of designs & the relevance to our non-political hub, which centres on a destinctive star chain.
Please take the time to consider all the variations and ideas in the 100 or so posts above this one, then make your contribution.
You’ll note there are a couple of polls to add your 2 cents to as well.
:smile:

Edited to add details.

6 Likes

My 2 cents.
I particularly like (after jumping all over the place because I like everything) these 2 concept pieces originally designed and altered by @Chelofellow and @Clemm repectively.

I would like to see this colour scheme

Citizen-Sci-Frontier-Div-logo

In this layout

20180703_141318

But replace the rocket with these 4 ‘area code’ glyphs (that occur in most addresses in the starchain)

With the simple name of ETARC across the bottom.

I have no access to a graphics program to build my suggestion but hopefully you get my idea. Maybe someone more talented than me could design it.

Here is a quick layout sketch as a guide.
I was thinking perhaps the same font as No Man’s Sky uses could be used for the ETARC name…

8 Likes

@Mad-Hatter Just a quick sketch. I think the star chain should be involved somewhere

7 Likes

Maybe a string of stars from the portal opening right up the centre of the image through the top…?

2 Likes

@Mad-Hatter That’s what the little dots are meant to be… :grimacing:

Obviously, done digitally and with colour it would look better.

1 Like

Ooops… my bad. I see now. :roll_eyes:
Maybe they need to be bigger. Possibly diagonal across the sky behind the portal.

1 Like

This, I’m all about this. Already down the local tattoo parlour/barbers/icecreamshop/artisan cobblers (god damn gentrification!) getting it on my arm :smirk:

I’ve a pen tablet and a broken pc GOD Dammit I wanna rasterize that baby :cry:

5 Likes

Its cool without a circular border.
Maybe a stylized slightly 3d portal with a starchain across the back and ETARC in NMS style font is all it needs. Keep it simple. :+1:
That tattoo comment changed my perspective of Osh’s sketch.
Im still keen to include the 4 glyphs…

3 Likes

I thought about that but feel it looks better coming from the actual circle going up, plus it would put the symmetry off somewhat and just look odd.

I’m not sure I can get higher praise than that! @toddumptious

2 Likes

Do you have means of translating this digitally? Or are you hoping for someone else to do that?

I was thinking anyway, at least, use a composite photo of the star chain to accurately depict the chain when drawing it digitally, if it looks good, an approximation will do if it looks better aesthetically :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I would be more than happy for you to take this on @toddumptious and digitize it if you want too.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Alas I cannot, pc is borked :frowning: my parents have one of those “guts of a laptop inside a pc tower” computers for like 99 quid, it’s weak as a potato but I might see if I can’t get an old version of illustrator running on it :thinking:

4 Likes

Here’s a quick effort drawn on MS Excel…

If anyone wants to drastically improve this, especially the font it would be much appreciated!

12 Likes

Thats really nice Osh :+1:

1 Like

Yeah, looks good

1 Like