Archaeological Digs

Great News! The new Celestial Archives have an Artifact Exchange Vault which allows the potential for Huge Profit. They can be found by using Planetary Charts for Inhabited Outposts. The one pictured here is in the Calidi Frigus ECSD (Euclid) system on planet Ferveret. The portal address is in the pic below. They accept;
UNEARTHED TREASURE
LOST ARTIFACTS
BIOLOGICAL SAMPLES
FOSSIL SAMPLES
HISTORICAL DOCUMENTS
Continue to report all finds at the Ancient Ruins as well as;
SALVAGED SCRAP
VALUABLE ROCK SAMPLES
EXCAVATED BONES
and more.

Metal Detector Enthusiasts may enjoy the new:
RECOVERED ITEMS which include broken machinery, lost scan info and blobby bits of rotten plant and fauna. :grin: :nauseated_face:
The Recovered Items are found scattered randomly on a planet’s surface. These items can be broken down and analyzed for a secondary item.

Welcome to a new age in digging for Scrappers , Archaeologist and Paleontologist!

PLEASE CHECK THE DOCUMENT ABOVE to avoid listing an item that has already been catalogued. This makes it easier for the cataloguer. Thanks @DevilinPixy!
And she asks us; “Please a reminder to anyone posting their finds, to make a screen capture that includes the full description and ‘base’ price, to be properly added to the Google Sheet.”

Happy hunting everyone :wink:

Here is a post that explains the updated items in the doc. Thanks @DevilinPixy!
Archaeological Digs - #72 by DevilinPixy?

7 Likes

Now if I had only marked the archive with a beacon :laughing:

6 Likes

Unless things have dramatically changed in Origins, I will continue to update the Google Spreadsheet to document all our findings.

@sheralmyst: You may want to add the below link to your top post :wink:

5 Likes

I have updated the above spreadsheet with all our latest finds. I have now added ‘Origins’ to the Game Version column as well, to distinguish from the version a dig was found in.

Please a reminder to anyone posting their finds, to make a screen capture that includes the full description and ‘base’ price, to be properly added to the Google Sheet.

Happy hunting everyone :wink:

5 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

Thanks! Will update the value :money_mouth_face:

3 Likes

Is there a good way of locating an archive short of luckily happening upon one?

4 Likes

I believe Planetary Charts for Inhabited Outposts, which can point you to one. You can get those at the Cartographer on a Space Station in exchange for Navigation Data.

4 Likes

So, I was digging around, for upgrades and such, and I found this instead. Is it worth anything?
I found it in a buried cargo cache.

Here’s the cargo it was in. (Not sure if this is new are not.)

3 Likes

Check the doc in the top post to see if it is new. If it is then @DevilinPixy will add it. Some items may be old but now have a different value.

2 Likes

EDIT: I’ve moved a portion of this post to a new topic…

6 Likes

I found an old record like that too, for an animal researched by a Gek long ago.

1 Like

@Flora_Marsky: This specific item has not yet been documented. It would however be nice if you could screencap from inventory, so it shows it’s value as well.

@Starmza: I don’t think the new black market upgrade modules belong in this thread, although they may be interesting to document in a new topic perhaps?

I am not sure what to do with the new ‘recovered item’ category, but I have seen others as well and it appears to be something we likely wish to track here. Not quite sure how to include in the sheet yet; will have a look. Would love to see more of those.

2 Likes

It’s worth 968,960 Units. I still have it with me. Trading is marked as High Value.

2 Likes

There is so much new stuff. A lot of “historical” info it seems which is so cool. Going to need some sorting out once we see what is out there. I know @Flora_Marsky found a building which houses Vy’Keen archives…

3 Likes

Each race has one of those actually. I recently found a Korvax one.

2 Likes

So the archived items and the black market items should be separated. The BM items seem to all be upgrades…not quite salvaged…perhaps a Black Market thread is in order?
Also, the mineral record above can be analyzed and used and is more recent, historically speaking…
The Tarnished Thruster definitely belongs here but provide a pic from your inventory so it has values listed.

3 Likes

4 Likes

Okdk, I just wasn’t sure about the archived items, as I had seen one that appeared very similar with just a high trade value and pretty old age. If these are indeed not quite alike, like the one posted, I certainly agree.

1 Like

I would say maybe we can go by the descriptions. The 3 above items are Black Market, Recovered Item and Salavaged Scrap. Of the 3, the scrap definitely belongs here…in the other 2…maybe they need 2 different threads? A Black Market topic could be interesting and the items you can analyze and use…not sure. Ideas? Anyone?
UPDATE: Please take a look at the top post. We now have some clear parameters for our finds. So glad this is conveniently located in the old ECSD system! :smiley: Though Salvaged Scrap is not listed, let’s continue to post that here as well.

2 Likes