I hope this helps…

4 Likes

:laughing: Thanks!

1 Like

engraved gadget
Exchanged at the Artifact Vault for this:
gleaming trophies
Nice values!
EDIT: found this and received the same gleaming trophies as above in exchange. Nice!
harpoon

5 Likes

These are the scrapes I found…

3 Likes

Here are some more new finds for the list…

4 Likes

I Found both these digging.

4 Likes

Do these only give nanites, or do they count as an actual discovery? (i.e. do they correspond to an entry in the planets discovery tables that gets revealed when you analyse them?)

3 Likes

You dig these plants and rocks out of the ground, and then you have to use your multi-tool’s mining beam on them. And no, they do not count in your discoveries when you scan them or analyze them.

When I analyzed one of the ‘Valuable Rock Samples,’ this is one of the many things I got…

6 Likes

I updated and made some changes to the spreadsheet, including the following new categories:

• Recovered Item
  • Valuable Rock Sample

Keep digging for treasure everyone, you’ll never know what you’ll find :inbox_tray: :outbox_tray:

4 Likes

Slight misunderstanding, I was refering to the mineral, flora and species records you find in burried caches.

3 Likes

The m/f records you find in buried caches don’t count towards your total or get marked as “discovered”. I think perhaps they should be, but they’ve either not finished this or it’s bugged.

Talking of bugs, whenever I reply to someone - and it shows the arrow and the users name (see pic below) - 9 out of 10 times it doesn’t show when I hit send. Like this reply, which I replied to jedidia.

Screen Shot 2020-09-26 at 11.26.28

2 Likes

I think this is because your reply follows directly after the person/post you are replying to. Only for a reply further up a topic, will it include the arrow with user, to allow dropping down the actual post replied to.

4 Likes

Has anyone gathered a Biological Sample?

1 Like

From the diggable blobs @Starmza showed, I’ve gotten a bunch of variations of those “scraps of organic matter” (sorry, didn’t screenshot). All of mine just processed into small amounts of junk like living slime.

The crystals were much better, all giving "glowing mineral"s which processed to valuable mineral products.

5 Likes

Did anyone turn them in at the Archive? It accepts Biological samples. And how did you find them?

1 Like

They only reward nanites. They do not count as a discovery. I don’t know if they correspond with any of the planet’s discoveries.

2 Likes

Going to try this one as soon as I get back home. (was found in the normal ruins)

As for this find… :thinking: :laughing:
invisible weeds
carnivore horn

5 Likes

From this organic matter…

Choosing ‘PROCESS PROTEIN’ gave this…

3 Likes

So it seems Recovered Items are basically junk. Perhaps we should start a junk topic, :smiley:
@Starmza and @temp, thanks for checking out the new buried items. For the purposes of the archaeology topic, let’s stick to the type of items that are found at the ancient ruins. Refer to the Doc in the top post. Ancient Ruins can be found by finding monoliths and Seeking Knowledge of the Past.
In the meantime, I turned in the Biological Sample of Invisible Weeds and received knife

3 Likes

With all the digging lately, I finally decided to start Restoring the Excavated holes as I go a couple of days ago. The tool does a very nice job.

Today I notice a HUD message suggesting the same thing. Wish I’d read it a bit earlier.

3 Likes