Datamining (Maximum Spoilers)

This is a continuation of the below topic for the new major update NMS Worlds (5.0)

This topic will hopefully soon be using the appropriate new (sub-)category.

5 Likes

sure the day I have like no time…they drastically change the Language files structures MBIN…haven’t even gotten to look to see what they did to the other ones…

15 List offsets, String ID now 64, followed by 14 list offsets…too tired for this shit lol

6 Likes

Yikes, not to mention the MBIN Header Version update. Likely gonna be a day or two before we can dig deeper. All the more difficult to wait with the Debug Editor references they just added argh!

4 Likes

only thing I noticed was the ClassName was removed from Language file MBIN header…worked around that…and noticed the structure changes, and that was as far as that went lol

4 Likes

Hmm, Monkey man mentioned something about the Type enum changing. Gotta wait and see what they come up with.

4 Likes

@Dragonsire @ThatBomberBoi Some replies have been moved here in anticipation of the new (sub-)categories. Carry on here, thank you :wink:

5 Likes

Yeah. Looks like the language structure isn’t changed as much as I initially thought. looks like it still uses variable length strings, just now 15…this is why rushing when busy is bad… lol

ENUM changes too? Fun.

2 Likes

Strings (Can’t be sure these are all there, still fixing)

Icons

3 Likes

Not technically data-mining but this seemed a fitting place. I think the last time we got a good luck at the nms debug configs was seans pre-launch demo showing off LODs.

I love that one of the world variable sections is “Clouds, FROM SPACE!!”

Theres a good mp4/gif of this segment on the patch notes page too (couldnt find its link in the pagesource), scrolling through the colour index, we can say for certain there are more than 16 colours for water variety :wink:

5 Likes

Man, Fractals is getting old, but the Editor UI they showed off here looks much cleaner from that leaked build! Kinda hope they leak it again on accident just so we can play around with the refreshed UI :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

lol EXE DataType Values changed…slowly fixing them now lol…lets see…used to be a list type now…now its colour…1 down. lol

4 Likes

Hmmm, Expedition Rewards for Liquidators might end up something like this:

See update here:

8 Likes

An “Iron Giant Wreck” model. Not sure where it’s gonna be used, but it’s very reminiscent of the crashed station core on Harmonic Camps…

7 Likes

Uhhhh… I’m getting LNF trailer vibes from that thing…

Also, I think it’s just the angle from which the image is taken, but like this it looks a bit like a cheshire cat smile on the anomaly…

5 Likes

Ahh, might be the lighting playing tricks. It looks a lot more like the green traveller from the Update Key-Art in game.

They weren’t lying about it being a giant btw, had to melee boost a fair distance before I could see it all :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Someone asked it for the ultimate answer and it was all “dude, seriously? Come on… Really?” and proceeded to shut itself down.

That’s one big Traveller though. Hmm, is it first? Is it last? Eheu! What does it even matter, it’s like-traveller all the same.

4 Likes

being busy sucks lol
Haven’t even played the new update yet, but liking everything I have seen.
Finally got my code fixed…damn you Sean lol

Now just to find the time to be nossy…

Haven’t peaked at much yet but since there was talk of new planets:

Public Enum BiomeSubTypeEnum As UInt32
None = 0
Standard = 1
HighQuality = 2
[Structure] = 3
Beam = 4
Hexagon = 5
FractCube = 6
Bubble = 7
Shards = 8
Contour = 9
Shell = 10
BoneSpire = 11
WireCell = 12
HydroGarden = 13
HugePlant = 14
HugeLush = 15
HugeRing = 16
HugeRock = 17
HugeScorch = 18
HugeToxic = 19
Variant_A = 20
Variant_B = 21
Variant_C = 22
Variant_D = 23
Infested = 24
Swamp = 25
Lava = 26
Worlds = 27 *** This was added. Called Worlds?
End Enum

Might be a place holder for the insect planet enviroments, but I think they appear in multiple…sooo?

5 Likes

Saw a video from Xainsworld on youtube. Not sure if he found it or someone else did but he shows the icons for a new purple metal/element(similar to indium, cadmium and emerald) and a new upgrade for ships and freighters implying that a new type of purple star system may be coming.

Interesting.

I wonder if there are any new assets that are not accessable in game right now? If so, they may be assets reserved for a purple system only. That would be awesome if that was the case.

5 Likes

SUBSTANCE.EXPURPLE.2
TECHNOLOGY.FREIGHTERPURPLE
TECHNOLOGY.PURPLEDRIVE

I extracted these the day of release (Same time as strings) links above. Sure many others have also, so no Idea of his source, or if he just pulled them himself, regardless its certainly a hint of things to come. If they get used. That’s always the trick. I mean we have wind turbines in game…now we have real wind…crossing fingers. We have race track stuff for ships. Possible Cloud save stuff…Elevators…Atlas level 4 & 5.

Lets just hope some of these possible things become reality.

8 Likes