Future Update Speculation

Couldn’t find a post Worlds Part I iteration of this thread, please feel free to merge if I missed one and it exists!

And so it begins…

10 Likes

I saw this and thought “oh wow I figured we wouldn’t hear/get anything until September.”

Then I realised as of 23 minutes ago, it is September for me :smiley:

I thought it was a honey pot the way CSD forum displays Emojis, I see now it’s one of those ceramic jars you might find in tombs.

If all we get on planets is new archealogical sites I will be still very satisfied.

4 Likes

4 Likes

Got me thinking of an old Sierra game I never finished because it was too scary!

You had to trap angry ghosts in ceremonial urns.

f7b22792b37117114bc546eadaca56c4771fc29887c70a80c63e6862dfa5b125_product_card_v2_mobile_slider_639

4 Likes

Grecian urn…makes me think of Tomb Raider…

I am going with Worlds Part 2- Relics

3 Likes

Many people wondering if the glitch in the sky is a hidden message. But NMS is full of graphic anomalies so I am not convinced.

6 Likes

For anyone that wishes to squint, I think this is the area.

5 Likes

Just looks to be a visual artefact. Someone pointed out that it’s another players screenshot, which I doubt they’d edit to hide a message.

Side note: The Iron Giant model was in a completely new WRECKS directory in the files and has half it’s geometry buried underground… More archaeology-esque POIs maybe?

I’m still leaning towards this being an expedition tbh. I think it’s fairly certain now that this isn’t World’s Part II, unless the pot is a subtitle :stuck_out_tongue:

The last few update emojis have more or less been hints for the update name (Omega Symbol for… Omega, Circle Trail Star for Orbital, Anchor for Adrift… Like an anchorless ship floating adrift? And of course, the world for Worlds Part 1). Wonder what name this one could be teasing.

5 Likes

Still going with Relics or Artifacts cause I doubt it is Shard but you never know…

6 Likes

Just for reference, there’s a story currently in the news about a little boy who accidentally broke a priceless bronze-age jar in an Israeli museum.

3 Likes

Been following this. He has been invited back to watch them repair it.

3 Likes

So have I. Frankly, I’ve been astonished by some of the press coverage. In my view, if you’re going to allow small children into your museum, you don’t leave your irreplaceable ancient pots right next to the main entrance, completely unprotected. This accident was 100% predictable, and entirely the fault of the museum.

5 Likes

I was looking at that last night but I was more annoyed by the people saying they can’t wait to play this new HG game…

This screenshot of no mans sky :joy:

Terra- cotta :wink: it’s still got world in it. Kinda.

I’d just like to let you know it took every fibre of my being not to make some sort of joke about this, Israel, and Palestine. But I’m gonna be good and let it lie.

6 Likes

Wondering what happened to telling your kids, Don’t touch!
I would have died a thousand deaths…
As for the update, even if just an expedition, I hope we are seeing some sort of lore-expanding drama. Would love to get to dig in the ruins and be able to piece together a story from the past. This would also seem to fit in with LNF.

4 Likes

As I recall from my own parenting days, I didn’t find that particularly effective with two-year olds. Their development is just not sufficiently advanced for social conditioning to overcome curiosity.

4 Likes

Yes. I recall not allowing my 2 year olds near anything like that. I held them close so they could see but never in a million years would I let them go up to it, knowing they are going to likely reach.
But ya never know, maybe the kid will become a reknowned archeologist, driven by the passion of finding intact vases and urns.

6 Likes

As far as the update is concerned, well…

Since its launch, I think (correct me if I’m wrong) every part of No Man’s Sky has been revised and updated. Every planet, every animal, every NPC, and every building, is diffferent from the ones available on release.

Except for the ancient ruins. They remain the cartoonish low-res structures they’ve always been.

So what’s prime for an update?

8 Likes

Artefacts… Like those on the Image? :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

:wink: yes indeed

2 Likes

My favourite part about the 4 year old and the ancient pot is, he will now be intrinsically tied to the story of that pot forever more. Tour guides will point out how the pot has fractures, and was reassembled after a small child smashed it.

This fun story may also increase the Jar’s possibility of not getting rotated out of display because it is perfect tour guide fodder. Visitors as a group tend to respond to anecdotal and personal stories of artefacts. You only get oohs, aahs, or silence when discussing its age or purpose.

That toddler may not realise it but he just probably did the only monumentally historical thing he’ll ever do in his life. Which is more than most of us get :slight_smile:

Also, 4 year old dropping an ancient jar and causing headlines really is the most fitting symbolism for Seans tweet. That dude is still such a child <3

I think you’re onto something about the Dig sites/ruins. Or I just want it to be correct so bad that I’m throwing all my chips in with you anyway.

And if it’s just a new expedition like people are saying, an Archaeology themed exhibition would be a lot of fun for this Traveller.

4 Likes