Celestial Archives

Welcome to the Celestial Archives! Here you will find an array of helpful items for Exploration and Archived Lore.

There is an Archive Exchange Vault.

If you are interested in Archaeology and Salvaging, please visit us here:

You will also find a Tech Merchant dealing in the latest in Exploration needs.

There is also a handy Local Information Repository where you can obtain Charts to local areas of interest.

An Explorer’s Guild rep can also be found here. (Make sure to increase your standing via the local Space Station Guild)

And last but not least, the Archive itself. Knowledge of the local language is required to gain access to the historical lore of the locals.

To locate:

Summary

Go to the Space Station and purchase a planetary chart for an Inhabited Outpost

If you are lucky, it will reveal the location of a Colossal Archive. The best way to use the chart is to land on an inhabited planet and scan from there.

There can be multiple Archives in one system. Below is a summary of what we have discovered so far.

8 Likes

–GEK archive accessed with word for TRADER–
(not sure if each will be different…let’s test this and compile the info here)

Summary

GEK Archive using FRIEND - I got the same lore as above.

6 Likes

Ah, first spawn cultists… NMS’ very own neo-nazis.
Looks like these archives add a boatload of lore to the game. This is gonna be fun!

Any idea what the advantages are of “exchanging cultural artefacts”?

5 Likes

The price you get for the exchanged artifact might be a lot higher as I’ve seen with a youtuber

4 Likes

Yes. An example of that is in the Archaeology topic. My exchange netted me an additional 300k

4 Likes

So this was a thing…

Conquered!

Also… Glitches and Funny Pics: The Lighter Side - #15 by Argh

11 Likes

How do you locate Archive buildings?

@DevilinPixy mentioned using the planetary charts for habitable buildings . However, I have gone through dozens across different planet types and still haven’t located one. I am just unlucky in this case?

3 Likes

I was just lucky. My old ECSD planet in the starchain just happened to spawn one just over the hill from my base.
Feel free to use the portal address and pay a visit. If you can see my base, it should be easy to find…

3 Likes

Well, that might almost qualify as a city…

5 Likes

They Keep moving around, so hopefully the Sentinel’s won’t catch up :slight_smile:

2 Likes

They move??

2 Likes

Not mine! Hopefully none of them move…

1 Like

I wish they would give these guys an appropriate name, like Commerce Centers, or Towers or whatever, because they’re trade hubs. These SHOULD become the new master trade hubs, become a lot more numerous, and I’m hoping Team Mercury expands on these within the Origins update.

I also wish for the love o’ Sean that our ship scanners would light up these, Trading Posts as well as Minor Outposts, and keep them targeted, within a certain range limit. The folk who build and run these things are going to want everyone to know they’re around. Like, what store here on Earth doesn’t advertise as widely as possible?? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

VY’KEEN archive accessed with the word for DELIVERANCE.

Summary

7 Likes

GEK archive accessed with word for PAINFUL-

Summary

5 Likes

GEK archive accessed with word GEKNIP | TOILGEK-

Summary

6 Likes

GEK archive accessed with word RECHARGING | AUCTION | TRADE ENVOY

Summary

GEK archive accessed with word BALARON

Summary

GEK archive accessed with word PLACE | MURDEROUS | AUCTION | TRADE LORD

Summary

GEK archive accessed with word PLANETARY

Summary

4 Likes

Maybe I’m wrongly thinking of these guys. What if these towers really are Celestial Archives, holding the wisdom of these various races from centuries, millennia past, or far longer. And the Three Races turned these ancient sites of lore into commerce centers, built shops around them, landing platforms, turned them into micro-malls. Hmm… :thinking:

But they should still be easier to find. All the trade hubs should be. I get maybe three tries with my portable planet scanner tool, and the cartography utility, and then I have to fly somewhere else to try again.

4 Likes

If it was too easy to find, it would get old in a hurry. It is similar with the Ancient Ruins though there are more of them to be found. I have found only the one, so far.

1 Like

KORVAX archive accessed with the word for STARSHIPS

Summary

6 Likes