Wishes for Update 1.3, 1.4 and beyond

I definitively hope not. If i’d want a war game i’d play another game.

2 Likes

Moons orbiting planets, planets orbiting stars, etc…

1 Like

I phrased my original post incorrectly, what I meant was; “How I believe the next updates will play out”. Right after 1.2 came out, audio files saying stuff like ‘warning, hostile system’ or ‘warning, toxic cave’ where found. Orbit TV did some videos on it. Before 1.3, I thought the next update would be focused around combat.

moons do. Planets no. I believe that keep them in so that you can travel to them in an reasonable mount of time.

I’ve never seen a moon orbiting a planet, I’ll have to keep an eye out for that.

Tis when you are trying to find the moon and ya have to chase it around the planet!!! lol
moon was playing hide and seek!

2 Likes

My updated wishes for beyond now (1.37)

• Bring back the chill factor.
  • Cut the grinding so we can play.
  • Make resources reasonably plentiful everywhere.
  • Stop fiddling with things the fans like the way they are.

I loved the 1.3 graphic & play improvements but the additional complexity of grind-play dulled the chill out feel. Extra lore was cool but the faulty missions and having to repeat tech-learning was frustrating.
I’m a mildly disheartened day-one player, who having accepted a restart was vital, has since watched a series of subsequent post-1.3 patches continually alter the game I really liked.
I’m so happy that HG are still attending this game (and for free ATM) so I hate to seem ungrateful but I sense the game has lost some of the kick-back-&-relax feel it had early on.
If an update improves the game in some way, it’s of course welcomed (bases, freighter wrecks, 4th race, portals) but if it is changed simply to add complexity, (eg charged planters with weird charge schedules & million unit circuit boards to open a box), then it feels like it actually damages the game.
I accept I’ll probably get flamed for this post but as a true long term fan it’s time I had my little vent.
Peace!

2 Likes

My wishes are for someone, anyone to receive an atlas pass, the suspense is killing me :tired_face:

6 Likes

It will be ok. Take a deep breath… :wink: I just wonder what we will face as the ARG moves forward :cold_sweat:

1 Like

Most likely not going to happen, but one can wish regardless, right?

I would love to see the inventory management being overhauled. Why can we not just have a simple side-by-side, similar to ship comparison? Have the main inventory on the left and other inventory on the right with the ability to swap between other inventories available. Main inventory on the left could either be the inventory that makes most sense at the time, like Vehicle, Ship, Exosuit or even Freighter. However, considering Exosuit is always available, it would be easiest to always have your Exosuit inventory showing on the left. Then have the ability to swap between any other inventory currently available, on the right. This will result in a clear visual overview of both inventories. Pretty much all other functionality already available can remain, like Transfer item stack, Craft recipe, and Move item stack within inventory. Then additionally allow us to split item stacks by pressing whatever button (PC/PS4) to then set an amount, either directly transferred or within active inventory to then be transferred.

Sorry, bit of a rant here, but I just feel they are trying to fix an initial implementation without actually making things easier. Additional pop-ups and clicks are now required and no clear overview is accomplished. I feel they are complicating it more than needs to be.

3 Likes

So true. Also… A little hurt to add on that injury… One would think, by now, the positioning of the inventory icons would have been adjusted to appear on screen, without being cut-off by the screen border? Everytime we switch inventories, the first thing we are “forced” to do, is move our mouse to the left to get a clear view of the hold slot array. And is not like what we are presented instead is actual useful info or anything like that… but actual dead-space!

The toggleable double inventory a la compare ships that you have proposed, would be epic for improved playability! I support that idea even over my previous caveat… Having drag-and-drop inventory management capability.

This is all feedback coming from a place of love, but I think at some point in the development of the UI interaction scheme for this game, they went looking at the wrong places to keep the player engaged in a feedback loop. In many instances seems inspired in the worst of PayToWin mobile ludopathy-inducing stuff… yet failing.

Others have degressed on all the minimal, unneeded stuff that is made more complex that it would actually need to be if you were not looking for a certain amount of “clicks-per-minute”, above more logical stuff like immersion or the general joy of spending the time in the things that you actually get fun out of doing.

2 Likes

Movement of what is displayed on screen, text, info, buttons, or slots, should never move off-screen. It requires to be scaled correctly to accomplish this and only then does it result in having to ‘move’ slightly less than possibly required with static displayed info. I am not sure if this is its actual purpose or what other purpose this movement could provide besides looking ‘cool’. We find this throughout the game and is re-used where it is possible and makes sense.

Drag-and-drop should still be easy to implement, and I would certainly not mind having this option. A usual drag-and-drop would require to keep a button pressed while moving an item stack, to then release again where desired. Not sure if this is a common way for console though, but alternative ways are possible. For example, a normal click to have the item stack be picked up, move it to desired location, click again to drop. A long click with the usual filling up animation, could then do the default transfer of an item stack. Just thinking out loud …

My intention is to think ‘with’ the developers, hoping to come up with a good suggestion. I certainly do not pretend to know better and my suggestion may be a terrible solution in practise. I understand trying to implement new features the easiest way possible, with what is already present. Sometimes this works, other times not so much and requires to re-think and find new ways for the best possible outcome. I am not doing all the hard work, so hell yeah, a whole lot of lovin’

I actually think most of what we have and grew familiar with, can actually remain. Keep the current single choice for Exosuit, Starship, Multi-tool, and Freighter/Vehicle, as shown at the top. Just an extra click or push of a button for side-by-side management with that selection. With the right-side able to switch between what is available for it. Tech first, followed by Cargo, then other available inventories. Hey, we can finally even see all our tech for Exosuit or Starship in a nice overview :slight_smile: Yeah, the Multi-tool will always be lonely :frowning:

1 Like

cruise control

3 Likes

Bigger bases! Increasing to 2500 maybe, or maybe 3000? :heart: Go HG!

2 Likes

Presumably there’s a reason they’ve set the build limit where it is. Probably going beyond that can cause instability in some computers, and they’ve tried to make the game work on as many systems as they reasonably can.

2 Likes

Play… cough… sta… ahemm… tion… The engine itself is robust enough for more. On the other hand, they enjoy the best optimization/framerate, but to push things, master-race.

1 Like

Maybe these changes are just placeholders for better features in a future update, let’s hope anyway!
Something else to add to the list of grind are the repair slots for broken inventory slots. The price keeps going up, and if there’s too many, you can get a whole new ship for the price of one slot!

It would be nice if we could take it to a repair shop in the space station to have these fixed. It would make a bit more sense anyway.

3 Likes

Crossfire support please. Is that doable? ( is doable a word?) :relaxed:

3 Likes

Although we covered this some time ago, as a couple of updates/patches have since passed I’ll just nudge this back in as an ever-growing need; the sixth slot to be unlocked in storage containers, please if possible! I have been loathe to part with my first ever found ‘Runaway Mold’ (kept in memory of my first ever real-life most amazing slime-mould I found once on a huge fallen tree near my house) but tonight, with just too much other stuff more essential, it may just have to go…

…but @sheralmyst yes, doable is definitely a word :slightly_smiling_face:

EDIT: I discovered I was able to stash my runaway mould in my colossus, not ideal as a long-term home but for now…
…found a dead bee on a path when I was 9 so to save it getting squashed by other feet, took it home and found a box for it just the right size. I still have that bee…
…hoping that indicates how much these things do matter to me and thus for my mould neither being sold nor running away, I am happy!

But still, those containers…room for improvement, yes?

:honeybee:

3 Likes

I would love them to fix the freighters changing to a different color after playing for a bit of time. Mine changed permanently. I would like it back.

1 Like