As some of you have noted, Atlas Rising isn’t without some issues. This could be a good page for posting things you just don’t like, as well as stuff you’d like to see added to 1.3 and updates down the road. Here are mine, for PC. I play in Normal Mode.
Mine wouldn’t work in the last week or so of 1.2, now some won’t work for others in 1.3.
- Waypoints won’t work from the Discoveries page, for me. They did before. I constantly had to reset them because I’d inadvertently set them by left clicking on star names in trying to select them. Make the Set Waypoint selector something besides left mouse button. Space bar, a key, something. We need several of them, and a way to click through them.
- Removing the Home Base button was a very bad idea.
I love a good challenge, but The Sim seems a lot more dangerous now, maybe a little too much. Fully upgraded shielding seems ineffective. It seems like I spend half my time replenishing my fully upgraded shielding in space battles. I was nearly killed by some stupid little deerlike thing on my first planet visit because I hadn’t noticed my life bar dropping like mad till I was taking critical damage. Now I just kill predators when I run across them because they’ll hunt me down eventually. Unless there is some Super Tech we can replace our existing defenses with, I think things are a little too deadly now. And emphasis on replacing, I don’t want to give up even more storage slots, and I don’t have slots open on my Tech Page for either ships or suit pack.
I also quit looking at crates with their stupid rusty fasteners because it chews through resources.
Now for some wishes.
- PLEEASE remove those strobing arrows on our front windscreens.
- Zero slots available on the Tech Page, will this change?
- Shielding is much less effective, is there tech available to beef this up - which won’t eat up additional storage slots?
- Warp range has been cut, while the galaxy has grown by five or six times! Are we getting tech to boost warp range that won’t eat up additional storage slots?
- if we must have new tech to make survival easier, can we please have slots open up on our Tech Pages for it? I’m tired of ever dwindling storage eaten up by upgrades.
- Storage slots are really mixed up. A lot of Explorers have more cargo space than some Haulers! I’m unsure of just what the thinking Team Mercury is towards ships, but I wish that things were more consistent like this:
Explorers: whatever they decide
Fighters: I want them to have as many as 48 slots as before, but the most I’ve seen so far seems to be 29, should be at least 36 because of all the offensive and defensive tech required just to survive this mad universe
Haulers: a small Hauler should have at least 16 slots, medium at least 20, large at least 24, and there should be more 48 slotters come along
- The Class bonuses seem really low now, and I have yet to see a “normal” S Class vessel after the update. I would prefer that the old ships go up to S Class, and the weird new alien guys get their own X Class designation or something. I’d prefer that the Class bonuses look more like this:
C Class: 0 - 10%
B Class: 5 - 30%, at least one or two at 10% or greater
A Class: 15 - 50%, at least one or two at 20% or greater
S Class: 20 - 200% on rare ships, at least one or two at 50% or greater
X Class: cool mystery values
- Ships from other regions of the galaxy should show up once in a while to throw in nice wild cards for us
- Terrain avoidance as an option, NOT an upgrade, please. I don’t need to hotdog it through canyons. The first planet I went to, I slammed right into the surface because I forgot to pull up. I still can’t fly under arches anyhow.
- Ship stats of all ranges and capacities should show up at spaceports and trading posts all the time. It would be nice if their tech wasn’t completely depleted, and occasionally some special upgrades were on board, and sensibly placed too. It would also be nice if the vacant spaces were biased towards the bottom, that is so irritating to have holes all over the place in storage slots. I pass up some otherwise nice ships for that reason.
- Ship scanners should function something like they did in the very earliest demos of the game. Scanning planets should highlight point of interest. It’s a major pain trying to locate Trading Posts and Outposts - whatever you call those one ship landing pad buildings.
- We should be able to sell ships we no longer want.
- Shielding and environmental protection is less effective. If we don’t get super tech to replace it with, I seriously need those slots opened up on our Tech Page for super technology. I won’t visit hazardous planets anymore because I have to run for shelter and keep feeding my upgrades with resources that quickly run out and are hard to find. I also quit looking at crates with their rusty locks because it chews through too many resources.
- The Jump Pack should function longer like it did originally.
- The Underwater Breather should last a LOT longer, it’s pathetic how quickly it runs out. I can hold my breath longer, and I’m badly out of shape. I won’t explore underwater unless I need rigogen.
- We could use more than one. We can have six ships, why not two or more Multitools?
- Multitools of all capacities should show up at Outposts. It would be very nice if they were also for sale at Trading posts, such as buying/trading from NPCs.
- Return the Chat interface functionality to what it was before. Having the dialog on separate click-thru screens is fine, but backing out starts the whole dialog over again, yuck.
- We should be able to rotate our models in the Inventory screens on all axis by grabbing and dragging with left mouse button. We used to be able to turn them only by spinning the mouse wheel, but now that doesn’t work.
- Transferring a number of items should either be by holding the transfer button and mouse dragging like we were once able to do, or highlighting a number of blocks and hitting Transfer.
More to follow. I want to build a new “office” chair and get back to this vexing Sim.