Wishes for Update 1.3, 1.4 and beyond

more slots for the multi-tool, presently if you add the new technology you remove offensive weapons or mining, not good. more slots … repeat … more slots … more slots … more slots

1 Like

I hope this does not continue to happen. Every update everything keeps changing, restart, 1.4, 1.5, 1.6, 1.7
what was the reason … I realize what would be said … for forcing mission restart.
Ya programmed the engine game and not able to add content with out a complete re-write?

1 Like

a way to salvage, scrape, get rid of base, ships

1 Like

Well, since the whole universe is generated, whenever they even add 1 type of tree, the whole universe needs to be regenerated. That’s how procedural generation works. It will probably happen every major patch and can’t really be avoided.
The base quests now give some different things too. So they could have just given those, or reset it, so there is something to say for that.

2 Likes

then the option to ignore … pisses me off … I can’t move deeper in the universe … NADA is waiting for me to!!!

There needs to be a tiered system for weapons and ship tech so you can only progress upwards. There is no real information on which weapons and upgrade actually do what…? With so much tech we need lots of info.
Bring back lock on. The enemy maneuverability is such that I simply have to head on them all the time. They get in 10 shots while am lucky to score a single hit. Difficulty is now too high and shields are to quickly depleted. Auto shield replenishment during dog fights would help.
Remove the rare ellements damage in ships as it effectively strands you leaving you vulnerable to more ‘deaths’ and more damage untill your ship is useless.

2 Likes

Question:

How long will this Beta be on going? Tis what it feels like.

It would be so cool to start a guild mission, receive some delivery items, and then, go away with it without being rewarded! May be decreasing your standing or being attacked by those guilds in return would add deeper immersion!

1 Like

I did this on accident. I made money, but now the mission is stuck until I turn one in :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

I love the fuller environment, the deeper textures and flora variance - the one thing I would wish for on planets is, just occasionally, to find Earth-like temperature variance - cold at the poles, cosy at the equator :sun_behind_small_cloud:

3 Likes

Wow, and I thought I was in a bad mood yesterday. :yum:

I have to say that I received a prompt reply to my bug report on my Map waypoint problem, even though it was probably not the first to send it. They look like they’re paying close attention to the forums and our issues / gripes, and want to let us know they won’t leave us hanging. At least for long. This seems to be an overly technical game - in a good way. I mean, they had to fuss with their periodic table in order for their art director to have green skies! It’s funny how they have their own physics in this game.

I know it’s not funny when we have issues. Things were so jumbled up I almost didn’t want to play for a while. But even with a cool/weird new map and cool/weird new quests that don’t always work right, I’m addicted to this universe. I realized there’s so much to do that I just hopped into my ship and took off for those multicolor skies. And then when a strange radio transmission lured me back home for supplies, I discovered that some of my wishes and problems had already been fixed. Most of my base floor is still covered in foliage, but I can walk on it okay. :smirk:

I feel really dead, and this is likely going to be a rough week for me, but I want to tend to this thread and then go back to a quest thread or two that will remain happy for the duration, no scrapping necessary.

It’s pretty rare that you find a planet that isn’t out to get you. :sweat_smile:

I keep thinking the same thing, but this universe has its own science behind it, and Sean made a point early on that he didn’t want a variety of environment types, biomes. That he wanted each world to be an environment. Besides, I shudder to think of an ice world where winter at the poles is a chilly -150C. I think some gasses turn to liquids or even freeze at that point!

1 Like

I biome within a biome? I like the idea. An oasis on a desert planet or polar caps with snow.

4 Likes

Just wanted to point out, those 18 quintillion planets are divided amongst 256 (or close to that i cant remember exact number) galaxies, so your figured for euclid are right if you just divide them by 256 :wink: STILL massive galaxies though!

2 Likes

To keep this concise so I don’t dilute my main wish list with what would be nice (and there are some great ideas above as well), here is my top 4:

1. Ship and Multitool customization. I would like to not only change the appearance but buy new slots to a degree.
  2. Extra Multitools. If I were actually the traveler, I would have 2 multitools on me and several old ones at my base. I would even possibly dual wield (perhaps a use for pistol type MTs later in game?)
  3. Space land marks. I would like to see distinctive asteroid belts, planet rings, heavy nebula, ion storms, abandoned space stations, gas giants, ring worlds, and maybe even space creatures (spawning grounds).
  4. Cities or City worlds as a new biome. With this many of the main 3 races around, surely they have population centers. I would like it to be easier to purchase the ships, Mts and techs you want in these places (for a higher price of course).
10 Likes

I don’t know if you keep the OP up to date, but if you do, would you please add this in the User Interface:

• A way to reconfigure the “Middle Button” to whatever other key (PC); (I don’t have a convenient middle button so I had to write an AutoIt script that I run when playing NMS in order to redirect to Alt-F7; without this I could not delete any item from my inventory)

• Being able to assign a key to go straight to the “discoveries” page. Although it now seems that the ‘p’ key kind of remembers which menu was used before, I don’t always end up to “discovery”, which I use very often!

Might have more but I have little time to play 1.3 at the moment unfortunately.

Thanks.

1 Like

remove the automobile from space.
automobiles you press the pedal and moves, you release you slow down and stop
NOT IN SPACE.

thank you

7 Likes

Would be cool if you could do a text search for a particular system so that you could then set a waypoint and journey there the old fashioned way, would make it easier for people that can’t get the portal address for a system they want to navigate too.

3 Likes

I would like to see proportional launch costs, if not based on the amount of cargo carried or even the number of available cargo slots, at least it should not be the same 200 plutonium to launch a nimble 20 slot fighter as it is a wollowing 48 slot hauler. :thinking:

8 Likes

^^ The UI needs a serious overhaul for better quality of life. Interacting with NPCs forces us to needlessly watch intro sequences over and over to the point it’s maddening. Add to that, unreadable text doesn’t simply appear, it has to fade in and then appear like it’s being typed… and buttons force us to press and hold while watching a little circle fill up and listen to a sound effect, both of which do nothing but delay the pressing of the button.

Pretty please… less gimmicks, better response. GUI 101: Function over form.

3 Likes

I’m sorry, whats your complaint? Not sure if you’re playing PC, but on PS4 you can skip those dialogues quickly. And there’s a delay on the accept button to prevent you from accidentally making choices (like buying multi-million unit ships).

1 Like