Wishes for Update 1.3, 1.4 and beyond

Why not, @xelarajo I think is because…

1. Long reads are anything but ‘post hell’ for a high percentage of people here. We love to read, as well as write posts of all kinds, some short and some long and nothing is wrong, with that.
  2. This forum being home to a vast array of far-reaching minds who enthuse/vent healthily on many topics, just imagine the utter mess it would become if we made a different post for every point made…

…seriously, if you decided to stay with it a while and give those neural pathways a workout, I think you may well learn how collectively enhancing those posts people took the time to write, really are.

Also ‘Quote’, visually is an extremely useful feature for when referring to various points made not your own but with or without, people on the whole generally have no problem with the intricate patterns of info here to absorb which if you so choose, you might eventually really enjoy as well! I’d say give it time (and maybe a doughnut :doughnut:)

5 Likes

@capturleat
A good point. Many people like to read 1000 pages in a book and they do not care read hundreds of posts and figure out what it all means. But, I assume the post was ment to help HG to find good and wanted features for 1.4. And as a PM and developer myself, I know, that if you want to implement a feature you want a good description and good requirements. And I don’t think someone at HG has time to read hundreds of posts, figure out what a feature should be, how desired it is, make a user story out of it, define test criterias, present it to developers as a story which can be done in a sprint and they can commit to… This is with this kind of “post hell” simply to much work. So the impact on HG is little to none. With a bit more structure, it is much different, IMHO. And hence your point is not so good for influencing HG, but good for people who like to do long complicated reads.
Anyhow this is only true, if this topic was to help HG out. If I’m wrong, it is simply a general discussion and hence everything is valid.
Anyway enjoy and have fun playing the greatest game I’ve ever played… :slight_smile:

If there’s a particular point or mechanic you’d like to address with more focus and detail, there’s nothing stopping you from creating a post specifically about that. In fact, you’re encouraged to do so!

2 Likes

I am quite certain that HG do monitor the discussions on this forum & I’d say it is likely that they do so as enthusiastically as some of us. I believe the long posts here, would be far more useful to the devs than the short nasty posts in the septic whirlpools of other forums.
When there is a heated response to a game feature change, it seems to get rectified/tweaked quite soon afterwards.
I read everything here, (spoilers included) & have watched the experimental patches amending issues we have chatted/vented, about almost like an echo.
Some things are probably very complicated to fix (storyline bugs), while other things are quite simple.

Personally, I’m very grateful to HG for their continued efforts to streamline NMS & I wonder how long they can persist…
I’m also very grateful to you guys here, who discuss issues while keeping frayed tempers in check.
I have never murdered a computer in a rage-quit tornado but I do understand how that happens.
:slight_smile:

11 Likes

You guys are having too many good thoughts. :grin:

Every weekend has been a bit busy for the past month, giving me less time to enjoy The Sim, but I’m hoping to spend some time in here doing my “wifely” duties. Right now though, I must explore, and hunt for new gear.

3 Likes

Allow Marrow Bulb to be planted around bases

7 Likes

Not to mention thamium9, platinum and zinc.

5 Likes

Oh here is one thing that would be pretty cool, I would enjoy more space battles like freighter ones to give more of a challenge and more to do when traveling to systems. Oh and It would be cool if they could happen in systems that you have already visited say even your home one.

1 Like

Exploring to discover being so integral to the game and thinking on how much I miss how well we used to be able to view our discoveries, the 1.3 inability to properly view those wonders found as we were able in 1.2, I still feel is a real loss. Then wondered last night about a new way to view, which is this: if we could sit in a chair (anywhere you might choose to read a book for example or take a rare day off from charging through the verse to just chill while the plants grow), still in first person but much in the way our multitool is visible when using, while sitting if we could then trigger one of those tablet devices to be visible as a digital ‘discoveries encyclopedia’ of sorts, I think would be great.
I’d sit here, for that:

Also, with some of all those many gathered components left over, as an alternative to selling I’d love to build things such as a small timer device to fit above the light on my planter here, for example:

(because planters don’t have enough issues and need something else to be thrown into the mix…)

:new_moon_with_face::rosette::comet:

6 Likes

Hello to you fellow Citizens!

I didn’t follow the fiew lasts posts so I might be coming with something a bit out of the ball!
So here we go!
As having my wives family watching tv on the living room I thought I would send some ideas as the ones I posted here a few days ago but adding a little more details on how I feel about the future of No Man’s Sky and what I’d like to see without really thinking about the technical part and how it could be implemented into the game.
I hope you will enjoy the read as I can now use the tv to play again haha

Hello to you my fellow HG.
I write this message to you to suggest new features for our No Man’s Sky Game.
First and foremost, I really enjoy all the hard work you guys did. All the community from Etarc which I am part of, are really really proud of you. So really, hats down.
I’d like to share an idea, and not a bug report as you guys must certainly be overloaded with.
Imagine reading my post while having a cup of coffe or when you feel fine haha (:
Today with this little post, I would like to suggest to you guys to think about (if possible of course) more danger while travelling into space. I already know and (very happy with it) that the artifical intelligence of the space pirates has been generally increased and the dogfighting is kinda hard now haha, but hey! perfect! No one is never gonna complain about it! Difficulty is great!

SO HG fellows, I still have to tell you something that has being travelling in my mind the same way as I travel on your map. Unless someone is attacking you, It is always and still very very quiet when you fly around (space). There is almost no danger if you take out the eventuality of being attacked. So I would ask you or ask you to just think about (just a tiny bit) of adding some more natural things happening into space! Not necessarily pirates or even more of them, but more like natural dangers… imagine… flying around and suddenly being able to see a group of meteorites flying trough the window of your exoship! with a very disturbing and loud sound, something that would make you say (omg what did just happen!!!) Imagine !! how scary would that be? Imagine Radiation rays coming from any space anomaly (nebula, space cloud) that would wreck your space ship if you don’t escape in time! Even solar storms (being close from big firy planets or stars?), Even better, check this out: Entire systems that would be completely destroyed and on the edge of exploding? IMAGINE!!! 3 planets about to explode and a space station completely out of order! With no lights in it? 20 pirates flying around? Adding some very dark parts of the map that would for sure make you take a blanket to feel more secure? I though about it when I entered last time into an Atlas station (never feeling very comfortable in it somehow… so IMAGINE an abandonned Atlas space station?? How great would that be? No lights! (only lamp light)… Dark lore of No Man’s Sky… Dark portals… Dark Glyphs… omg.

Talking about a new entity… I truly love No Man’s Sky, I trully enjoy the 4th race you guys implemeted into the game (good work on that, congrats) but I still think there is a little lack of some5hing bigger… someone not reachable. someone that is playing. Some entity that would maybe ruin Waking Titan… Emily! ingame/wreck systems/eat ressources and just leave dead systems behind it… (I mean there’s room to do it xD 14 quintillions of planets, we may never meet him to fight it!) and he/her would just try to take control of… EVERYTHING. Including once again Emily, and us fellow Etarcian Travellers.

We all know Emily is currently dreaming. But I didn’t take the last message on twitch as a goodbye. I am perfectly positive about her coming back. Idk. I feel like she’s doing something. Something that will take her a long time to accomplish. But once she will be done and awaken again, I am not sure that she will give us good news, unfortunately.
I might be wrong of course, only time will tell us.
Maybe one day in the lore of our game we willbe able to know who is hidding behind everything

Until then, you Citizens take care of you!

4 Likes

Such an amazing diversity on the citizen’s wish list for updates. Some are great, and so imaginative like @LordMarkov and @arpoja that it makes me so glad to be part of the CSD. This game NMS is so unique and holds such awesome potential for development, only our dreams can limit what is to come.

I would offer a request of sorts. Sometimes it concerns me when I hear so many travelers yearning for more conflict, even war among the galactic races. There are also many in NMS who long for prosperous developments in a context of serenity and peace, great explorations of discovery contributing to research and development of science and tech to enrich the quality of all sentient life in the universe. Likewise there are travelers dedicated to generating profitable systems of farming, crafting and collecting resources valued and needed by everyone in the galactic economy.
These distinctive preferences for game play have emerged naturally.

I think this is reflected in many aspects of 1.3 update, especially in the introduction of the Guilds. Those seeking conflict and war can advance in the Mercenary Guild. Others can pursue economic profiteering in the Merchants Guild, and some will delve into advancing scientific research and tech development through quests and exploration in the Explorers Guild. All these missions can be exercises to prepare everyone to be able to contribute their distinctive abilities in service of shared needs.

This leads to my final wish, of sorts. I wish Hello Games considers advancing this into future game play. This could occur according to the Traveler’s final choice of simulation in either the Atlas Path or Traveler’s Story Line (color coded simulations for rage, serenity, ancestry, etc.). According to each one’s choice, we are spawned in different galaxies. (I think rage is Hilbert Dimension, Serenity is Eissentam, ancestry is Budullangr, and the last one is Calypso) Each will have the proximity to meet up and cooperate to advance and be successful according to their own game play preferences. And eventually, we could all learn the portal system and be able to travel even between galaxies and dimensions to bring our particular guild skills where needed. For example, a team from the Explorers Guild could come to the service of those in the Mercenary Guild to provide needed tech development or exploration of uncharted territories. Or, a team from the Mercenary Guild comes to the aid of some in the Merchants Guild who are suffering attacks and piracy. So, I guess I hope for updates that promote collective cooperation for mutual enrichment, rather than updates which introduce more conflict and chaos.

Dream on … right?

8 Likes

Here ya go:

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=dream+on&view=detail&mid=15372AF5936092FFC6D315372AF5936092FFC6D3&FORM=VIRE

3 Likes

Yeah! Thanks! … dream until your dreams come true!

I don’t care what they would cost in terms of materials, I would love to see the following options for our bases and freighters:

1. A Ship Maintenance Bay or Repair Workstation: Once built this would allow you to remove ship upgrades and get back 100% of the cost (or rebuild them at no cost).

2. A Multi-tool Repair Station: Once built, this would allow you to remove multi-tool upgrades and get back 100% of the cost (or rebuild them at no cost).

3. A Hydroponics Supply Pump: @Mad-Hatter gets credit for this one. This wonderful, delightful, glorious device would supply your hydroponics trays with fuel - indefinitely, thus saving you from the maddening click fest of harvesting.

9 Likes

Honestly, the thing I want most is taller trees. I know it’s small, but it would make a huge impact on how some planets would look (in my opinion). I don’t want Hello Games to take out the ‘normal’ trees we have now, I just think adding some non-cold planets with taller trees would add more diversity.

7 Likes

I have heard many have this on their wish list, but I think you nailed it.

Having truly fantastic forested planets (like Endor or Dagobah from Star Wars) is only special if its rare. I like the idea of the regular tree sizes and density still being what is seen most often, but having exceptional forests as a rare and wonderful treasure to find.

5 Likes

Thank you for those kind words! I have absolutely no problem with the planets in there current state, but seeing e3 planets, that would be a sight to behold.

2 Likes

Just give me

1. Derelict Freighters floating in space
  2. The option to hold more than one multi-tool (With all the new flora/fauna scanners and their upgrades and the additional weapons, 24 slots just doesn’t cut it anymore)
  3. A ship garage where I can apply decals, change the colour scheme etc.
  4. Ship Builder where I can design and construct a ship based on parts I have scanned from other ships.
  5. Ability to sell outright a ship.
  6. Exo-Bike that folds neatly into your ship inventory slots and can be deployed at will
  7. Sub-Marine Exo-Craft
  8. Proc-gen’d alien settlements, town/city sized. Different races would have differing architecture.
  9. Life Support in your Home Base!
  10. Hauler-Friendly Landing Pads!

Think that’ll do for now…

8 Likes

This is late but stuff like Freighter Combat can be optional you dont have to do it if you want.

1 Like

Not a clue how technically feasible this is, just a thought crystallized by a gamefaqs thread.

What I’d like to see in NMS multiplayer are race courses user-terrained on cool planets (in one of the upgrade notes there’s a reference to this, dunno how much actual work has been done on it), customisable weaponized exocraft, the kind of split screen mayhem that Crash Team Racing had, and e.g. an upgrade reward for the winner.

You could have an 8 entity race with, for instance, 3 guests, then A.I. Vy’keen, Gek, Korvax and Traveller with the user whose planet it is represented by a jet-powered example of the local fauna. Because who wouldn’t want to race over serpentine bridges with a bouncing smiley-faced pineapple firing grenades at you?

Ideally, if the user had an ‘Event Manipulator’ device - something like how the PS3/4 Far Cry 4 level editor worked - they would then be able to configure in-race events, attacking swarms of sentinels or kamikaze class A fighter bandits.

Well, that’s my bright idea for the day.

4 Likes