Wishes for Update 1.3, 1.4 and beyond

✨ No Man's Sky—VRChat meets Star Trek ✨

1. Fully customizable avatars, with increased multiplayer interactions, in astounding realism.
  2. ProcGen aliens with ProcGen history (story/lore), per galactic “regions” of star systems.

• Why is VRChat so popular?

1. it’s free / UserGen
  2. it’s social / multiplayer
  3. choose avatars / explore worlds

RESULT: users constantly uploading UserGen worlds/avatars = infinite variety.

PRO: roleplay, karaoke/sing, perform/dance, hang out. CON: limited activities/user-moderation.

• Why did Star Trek become so popular?

1. it’s sci-fi / unknown / what if
  2. constantly new worlds
  3. constantly new aliens

RESULT: ❝to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before❞ = infinite variety.

PRO: watch alone or watch together. CON: you are not an active participant.

• Why does No Man’s Sky struggle?

1. it’s in development / avant-garde concept
  2. limited multi-player / repetitive aspects
  3. limited aliens / limited lore

Atlas Rises expanded the central story. Introduced a 4th alien race. Multiplayer is in the works. And avant-garde means pushing boundaries never before pushed, opening paths and actually leading the future. And what survival game doesn’t have “grind”? (Same with real life.) Just, ❝Don’t create your own grind.❞ Get bored? Find a new way or simply do something else. (Sean, maybe put that in the menu toturials.)

So how unlimited is infinity exactly? Let’s see…

While ProcGen provides “constantly new worlds”, with constantly new creatures,

What about "constantly new aliens?"
With their "constantly new lore?"

Locals and Visitors

In other words, randomly generate unique alien varieties (as demonstrated with creatures), with likewise random history (as with sentinel drone details). Make these unique per region of space. And perhaps their alien civilization could also be named off that specific region; As if region is named off of them. And make these “local races” spawn 50/50 right along with the “predominant” 4 races.

And perhaps random “visiting” aliens could spawn (like the “travelers” do) from other regions.

Maybe “locals” and “visitors” could trade aesthetic &/or nutritional items. Like avatar/exosuit and starship/exocraft (think “wear/tear & aesthetics”), base/food (think “hunger meter”). Stuff to spend money and Nanites on more regularly; Maintenance. More reasons to farm and keep busy.

For the “hunger meter” concept, see The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

RESULT: avatar/base/activity. ProcGen worlds/creatures, ships/crafts, aliens/lore = infinite variety.

PRO: infinite ProcGen and UserGen civilizations. improved user-moderation over VRChat.
{insert CON here} …or was that ‘coin’? lol

ProcGen Avatar Building

Okay so now here’s an idea.

In the beginning of the game, you spawn with an avatar of random design. Since each new galaxy contains various unique “parts n’ pieces”, the result is progressive “custom avatar building”.

So here again, ❝Maybe “locals” and “visitors” could trade aesthetic &/or nutritional items.❞

Outbreaks of Influenza

And then there’s the concept of infection and disease. Hmm, what if?
…Who shall hold the cure?
…Or the immunity?

Somehow I think multiplayer could be interesting on multiple levels.
(Although contracting from players could be spammed, so limit this.)

Activities & Improvements

Exocraft should also convert into submersibles, even boats, I think. Or these could be separate crafts. Bases need a usable multi-tool rack. Cities or towns would be nice, of course. 3rd person perspective. Ability to sit; Consult a “data pad”, etc. Ability to dance, play an instrument, karaoke, etc. Maybe pets? And somebody suggested a foldable bike, that tucks neatly into inventory space; Maybe special jump moves?.. Joe Danger would be very proud!

(Glitch: 1. Nomad throws me long-distances upon exist, occasionally. Is it a hilly terrain issue? 2. Also experiencing some monitor to ship cockpit alignment issues; Sometimes I can barely see to fly. Could be my settings.)

Further, ❝if you fall asleep with [HTC Vive] on your face, you wake up in [VRChat]❞. No? Fully customizable avatars, with craftable/tradable ascetics/food, and more. Could it be? :smiley:

But uh, let’s avoid Ugandan Knuckles and certainly Tide POD eating. Poison swallow!

Infinity mirrors? V4 Atlas Passes? Hopefully this means back-travel to prior galaxies. Stay in Euclid?

I’m now 700+ hours in-game. I play Normal mode on PC, savory and slow. Only game I play! :two_hearts:

My other wishes are tucked neatly away into this “post”.

7 Likes