NMS Origins

Catching up on the conversation…

Okay, I now understand. I had to go back and catch up on some prior discussion. :man_facepalming: Good mercy!

‘Every One Procedural’

An exclusive Explorer Title, contemplating the deterministic nature of existence.

Apply this title to your banner at an Appearance Modifier.

So it’s not technically called, ‘Everything Procedural,’ it’s ‘Every One Procedural,’ and is apparently the very last Quick Silver reward in the current lineup, and we are still a few weeks away from such.

Yeah, that is a really weird title…

• Crimsontine Every One Procedural
  • Every One Procedural Crimsontine

This does call reference to NMS’s slogan from early trailers, ‘Everything Procedural,’ and it does seem potentially significant that such a statement concludes the present lineup, which is close to the release of ORIGINS. So yeah, I agree that it is possible that they may be trying to communicate something to us…

BUT — “What?”

Sean states in his blog post…

“We called it Origins because it is the beginning of something new, as No Man’s Sky continues to grow and evolve.”

Therefore, could it be that this is the ORIGINS of…

‘All Things Procedural & Procedural Personified’

In other words…

• Is this a marked era - Where they begin pushing procedural to greater extremes?

What I do know is this…

1. Hello Games listens intently to the community
  2. What we ‘ALL’ want is :infinity: INFINITE VARIETY !

I’M SPECIFICALLY REFERRING TO THESE 16 POSTS…

However, it is also very telling that it says - ‘EVERY ONE’ Procedural. — Notice that the words ‘EVERY ONE’ here conjures up the feelings of multiple living beings or intelligent entities. — Could this be to say that all ALIEN RACES or PLAYER-CHARACTERS will now be procedurally generated, and/or to an even greater extent? — To date, while the Traveller alien race increased with BEYOND, introducing new Traveller varieties at the NEXUS, the Traveller alien race is not yet unique per system, like the other races are - and no alien race is unique per ‘REGION’ of space, which could potentially be a very unique role for the Traveller race. — And nor is character customization unique per system (let alone region). — So, might they improve upon the procedural nature of alien race varieties and their likewise customizations?

I’M SPECIFICALLY REFERRING TO THIS ONE KEY POST…

Wednesday, September 23

@MacForADay’s insider informant is likely right about ORIGINS releasing this Wednesday.

Why? - Because it was already in the code…

And therefore, I’m led to believe that the rest of their prediction, about the update containing volcanoes and new weather, (and who knows what else,) is also very likely - TRUE.

:cloud_with_lightning_and_rain: :volcano: :tornado: :heavy_plus_sign: :snake: :whale: :dragon:

Conversation from Mac’s video…

(EDIT: I’VE NOW REMOVED THIS SCREENSHOT, AS IT SEEMED BEST.)

Only time will tell how things play out. :pray: “Sean, can we have a trailer, please?” -Crim

4 Likes