NMS Origins

This could be a valuable piece of information - But I do not see such…

1. Are you referring to something found in the code?
  2. What do you mean by titles “Dreamer” & “Lonely”?
4 Likes

Yes. Its in the code. There is a list of all QS items(and in release order) posted in the anniversary update speculation spoiler section in a file. Cant remember who posted it but if he/she sees this, hopefully he/she can post it here too.

4 Likes

The fact that YouTuber “Raptor” has scheduled a

New Update First Look Gameplay

Video for 23rd September 2020 seems to support this claim of a release date.

Even though I really wonder from where he got the release info.

5 Likes

HG is pretty smart about letting streamers do their advertisement for them, it’s not far fetched that they actually tell some of them when the thing is going to drop to help them out a bit.

Or raptor is just taking Macs word for it and we’re creating a circular proof :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

Catching up on the conversation…

Okay, I now understand. I had to go back and catch up on some prior discussion. :man_facepalming: Good mercy!

‘Every One Procedural’

An exclusive Explorer Title, contemplating the deterministic nature of existence.

Apply this title to your banner at an Appearance Modifier.

So it’s not technically called, ‘Everything Procedural,’ it’s ‘Every One Procedural,’ and is apparently the very last Quick Silver reward in the current lineup, and we are still a few weeks away from such.

Yeah, that is a really weird title…

• Crimsontine Every One Procedural
  • Every One Procedural Crimsontine

This does call reference to NMS’s slogan from early trailers, ‘Everything Procedural,’ and it does seem potentially significant that such a statement concludes the present lineup, which is close to the release of ORIGINS. So yeah, I agree that it is possible that they may be trying to communicate something to us…

BUT — “What?”

Sean states in his blog post…

“We called it Origins because it is the beginning of something new, as No Man’s Sky continues to grow and evolve.”

Therefore, could it be that this is the ORIGINS of…

‘All Things Procedural & Procedural Personified’

In other words…

• Is this a marked era - Where they begin pushing procedural to greater extremes?

What I do know is this…

1. Hello Games listens intently to the community
  2. What we ‘ALL’ want is :infinity: INFINITE VARIETY !

I’M SPECIFICALLY REFERRING TO THESE 16 POSTS…

However, it is also very telling that it says - ‘EVERY ONE’ Procedural. — Notice that the words ‘EVERY ONE’ here conjures up the feelings of multiple living beings or intelligent entities. — Could this be to say that all ALIEN RACES or PLAYER-CHARACTERS will now be procedurally generated, and/or to an even greater extent? — To date, while the Traveller alien race increased with BEYOND, introducing new Traveller varieties at the NEXUS, the Traveller alien race is not yet unique per system, like the other races are - and no alien race is unique per ‘REGION’ of space, which could potentially be a very unique role for the Traveller race. — And nor is character customization unique per system (let alone region). — So, might they improve upon the procedural nature of alien race varieties and their likewise customizations?

I’M SPECIFICALLY REFERRING TO THIS ONE KEY POST…

Wednesday, September 23

@MacForADay’s insider informant is likely right about ORIGINS releasing this Wednesday.

Why? - Because it was already in the code…

And therefore, I’m led to believe that the rest of their prediction, about the update containing volcanoes and new weather, (and who knows what else,) is also very likely - TRUE.

:cloud_with_lightning_and_rain: :volcano: :tornado: :heavy_plus_sign: :snake: :whale: :dragon:

Conversation from Mac’s video…

(EDIT: I’VE NOW REMOVED THIS SCREENSHOT, AS IT SEEMED BEST.)

Only time will tell how things play out. :pray: “Sean, can we have a trailer, please?” -Crim

4 Likes

Maybe this could be a suggestion of ‘evolving’ character features or perhaps a unique character (appearance) from every new game begining.
Maybe an introduction of 'ageing/weathering to characters, ships, vehicles & bases.

As for ‘Origins’, perhaps its a planetary feature, where the terrain & oceans are primordial.

Whatever it turns out to be I’m getting a bit excited if its a variety update. The game was always about exploration so I hope one day this is where the updates focus.

6 Likes

I don’t think that he’s got it from Mac, since the announcement for the stream was online just hours after the update itself was announced. I didn’t think much of it until Mac shared his inside information which stated the same release date, which is when I decided to point it out here.

5 Likes

3 Likes

A Prometheus type storyline, seeding and terraforming a barren planet would be pretty awesome

3 Likes

Those questions…

• Wouldn’t such a biome variety update require a reset?
  • Haven’t they traditionally always given us a heads up?

Or, perhaps I forget.

2 Likes

I believe you are right.
Altered biomes would require a reset across the universe.
There have been a few universal resets, some hugely disruptive, some just a bit irritating. All ultimately improve the variety in the game (& get included in the lore) so I’m ok with it. Just so long as it doesn’t break my big hour saves.

I’m not sure we ever really got much warning about resets. I just make sure I have back ups & then just buckle in for the ride :grin:

6 Likes

3 oranges…3 days? Wednesday
3 biomes?
Really juicy?

Oh I know! That empty stall on the Anomaly is gonna be a juice bar!!! :crazy_face:

8 Likes

:tangerine::tangerine::tangerine:

I could see that :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :tropical_drink: “Thanks, Sean” -Crim

It seems the best place to park one’s ship before a BIG RESET is in the Space Station.

Or, this is what I’ve always done, at least. :rocket: — What do you think?

3 Likes

SM just RTd

3 Likes

A reset terrifies me. I am currently 56 galaxies out from Euclid and nowhere near my bases… :scream: :sweat_smile: Actually, I really don’t mind.

3…3 origins…Gek…Korvax…Vy’Keen…

7 Likes

I think there would be ways to introduce new biomes without a major reset. For example, they could make some of the “dead” planets into “volcanic” planets without changing other planets. I seem to recall they did something like this when they added exotic biomes. Or they could add another planet to some systems that currently have less than the full complement of six.

4 Likes

Yes. Some “resets” have been mild. Honestly, I don’t mind a reset of the planets. However, I really do not want to START OVER :scream: because of storyline glitches or bases becoming non-functional

3 Likes

That’s simple in a static dataset. In Procgen… not so much. Now, if you have smart subseeding, it’s true that you can change things more selectively, but in the case of an actual change to algorithms, that means maintaining two different versions in the same build, which is something developers try to avoid like the plague…

2 Likes

They could always just leave Euclid alone and just create a new universe entirely that we have to travel to? I’m not saying that its going to happen, but that would be the best way to make everyone happy. I personally prefer that Euclid just gets reset. I’ve seen thousands of planets and i’ve seen the repetitiveness so i’m ready for a reset now.

2 Likes

Still hoping they return the last one which was removed…

5 Likes