NMS Origins

Next week

https://forums.atlas-65.com/t/nms-origins/7234/240?u=sheralmyst

12 Likes

Uhm, so… This one has painted cover art, not a screenshot. Only the big ones had painted cover art in the past (Atlas Rises, Next and Beyond are the only ones with painted cover art).

I have no idea what on that scale they managed to get done while also doing all the small stuff. But I’ll fasten my seatbelt in preparation.

8 Likes

Still cannot get on the website, lol

5 Likes

Capes confirmed lol

and just maybe, multiple biomes

10 Likes

Obviously, ‘Origins’ means Hello Games is taking the game BACK to launch day features ONLY. Just so people who joined late can see how far the game has come. :wink:

10 Likes

Quotes from release notes
“Origins because it is the beginning of something new”
"This update will be another small step in a longer journey. "

This grabs my attention. Is it alive?

11 Likes

What about the sandworm on the right of that (maybe a tree)? And the gas giant in the background?

6 Likes

NMS Oranges :tangerine:

:man_facepalming:

8 Likes

Almost looks like it is flying…jumping? And the little bushes on the left look like they are running… :thinking:

5 Likes

well they are focused on the characters and 3 colored environments, so likely is some kind of variations update. I suspect they also may include story content since it seems to focus on the characters/player.

8 Likes

BlockquoteAlmost looks like it is flying…jumping? And the little bushes on the left look like they are running… :thinking:

Well, it’s fun to speculate wildly. Swarms of bushes attacking. Nice. What to feed them to placate them? As creature pellets work on anomaly creatures, I suppose it would still be pellets.

3 Likes
5 Likes

That mostly looks like one of the flying worms o me.

4 Likes

Noticed that the caped character has only ONE shoulder pad/armor piece on.

6 Likes

New planet type, new flora, maybe new fauna, biome enhancements, character enhancements, and more.

I just wet my exosuit! :rofl:

10 Likes

I can’t decide…is it a cape or a long scarf? Either way, it is new. Would like more optional flare for the suits.

And this looks like a gas giant…

6 Likes

This does look like a gas giant, however, its also an old planet photo asset. Its the same one in the Beyond and Next background photos.

4 Likes

True but there is now an atmospheric effect which is not present in the other two…just keep hoping :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

So… Origins is “the beginning of something new”. I’ll brace my butt for a reset, then. Coming to think of it, I started a new game for each new reset anyways, so I guess it doesn’t matter…

6 Likes

The Atlas has come closer in each cover that features it. It is now looming large and very close… :scream:

7 Likes