NMS Origins

5 Likes

From the NMS website.

NO MAN’S SKY ORIGINS, COMING NEXT WEEK

September 18, 2020.

Hello,

Next week Hello Games will be releasing an update to No Man’s Sky. We’re calling it ORIGINS.

Detailed patch notes will follow, along with next week’s release.

Four years ago we announced FOUNDATION, our first major update for No Man’s Sky, we promised “It won’t be our largest update, but it is the start of something”. Those words were true at the time, and they ring true for Origins. We called it Origins because it is the beginning of something new, as No Man’s Sky continues to grow and evolve.

Beyond came out last year, bringing VR and hugely expanded Online play, and since then we have focused on releasing more regular updates. SYNTHESIS, BYTEBEAT, LIVING SHIP, EXO MECH, CROSSPLAY, and DESOLATION have been some of our most popular, surprising and transformative updates – leading No Man’s Sky to have its biggest year to date.

We know there is a huge appetite in the community for No Man’s Sky content, and the team has worked our socks off this year to deliver in difficult circumstances. We have been quiet, but we are always listening and focusing on improving the game that our team loves and feels so passionately about.

This update will be another small step in a longer journey. We hope you can join us.

Thank you,
Sean

8 Likes

Ohyea! There is a smoke/fire sortof looking effect on it! Very good observation!

2 Likes

Oringes…? :rofl:

5 Likes

Noticed that the cloud designs look different from one biome to another (left vs right).

Big ‘gas’ planet looks positioned in such a way as to obscure the ‘crimson orb’ of the Atlas. Brings to mind old lore references of the giant red planet.

Maybe there is a shift with the graphics to look more like the novel covers that inspired the earlier look of the game. (Quirky looking alien stuff).

Extra clothing options too it seems…maybe.

Looking forward to it, whatever comes.

5 Likes

The cover art somewhat reminded me of the ‘Multiverse’ image back in the WT days:

Looking forward to the update and getting back to playing NMS again, it’s been a while.

10 Likes

Is that gas giant part of the Atlas maybe? Is it coming for us?

3 Likes

The living ship looks fairly close to the in-space view as it travels. The parts move toward and away from the main “body.” This is the far-separated view.

4 Likes

S-Class Cloaks please?

5 Likes

The first thing you revealed is the first thing that came to my mind when I looked at the center biome. The Traveller blocks the mountain peak but the field looks to have a liquid like surface over parts of it which matches the reveal…

3 Likes

Something something “World of Gas” :wink: Jupiter is a gas planet, with a red spot (eye). Anomalous events. Original inspiration?

It’s 4am here, and I can’t work out whether I’m being serious or not. :man_shrugging: :woman_shrugging: :zzz:

5 Likes

Captain Steve on Youtube pointed out that the plants on the right look oddly similar to the void eggs you collect for your living ship. Is that the void?

6 Likes

GameSpot: No Man’s Sky Origin Update Launches Next Week.

Posted a hi-res image in the top post for everyone to ogle over until next week. :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

For everyone lusting for a trailer…

16 Likes

Thats a great trailer! Best so far.

4 Likes

it it just me or is there debris in the top left area of the image that kinda looks like it might have broken off from the Atlas,…debris

5 Likes

Most of it looks too rounded but I can hope that it’s glass.

3 Likes

Likely just a batch of pesky asteroids. They have appeared in some of the previous pics. They do look different though…

2 Likes

You mean, “Grave of the Ocean King?”

Or - ‘Space Whale’ by Beau Lamb?

Behold! — The Concept Art that was released shortly before game released. — Could it be?

Otherwise…

There is the more popular alternative…

To date, the above 2016 Star Citizen footage does not yet exist in-game. — When?

I GOT AN IDEA : Star Citizen promised them, and now NMS can deliver them! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It’s about time for some ‘PROCEDURAL BIG BOSSES.’ :pray: Here’s for hoping!

8 Likes

That Beau Lamb space whale concept art is gorgeous. I know its a stretch, but I hope to see sights like that. Dark clouds that darken the sun, lightning, thunder and rain. Then a huge flying beast comes from the clouds to make your heart sink to your gut with fear as your cruising in a frigate in low orbit/close to the ground.

3 Likes