Videos 📹

No Man’s Sky Videographers!

Our journey continues with yet another sci-fi…

Guy asks for a ℞.—Doc says: “Dude, it ain’t writer’s block; It’s traveller's overwhelm!”

Diagnosis reads: “Gameplay, paintings, poems, music, spoilers, majestically bazaar, simplistic, probabilistic, soothing/sublime, adorably monstrous, dangerously cute, joint exploration, solo contemplation, popular, should be popular, probably a good reason not to be popular, that time when the game glitched and ProcGen melted before you as you watched your 16 cohorts be catapulted into dual singularity, Mother Atlas and her Sentinel Minions, ok I made all that up myself :face_with_hand_over_mouth:, just simple stuff and whatever…”—Dr. Crim | ℞ reads: “Creative Sub-Category

Purge thy Sanity!

May the force be with thy trigger finger :selfie:

5 Likes

:love_letter: Love Letter :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::two_hearts:

I’m creating this topic a little early this time, so that there’s no confusion. Shortly after the update releases, I’ll hit ‘EDIT’ and replace the above Book Cover with its proper higher quality version.

Nonetheless, Sean Murray and the team at Hello Games wish to see through our eyes, the sights they would never be able to see, otherwise. They’ve given us infinity, :infinity: now let’s show it to them.

5 Likes
4 Likes

Thanks for the sneak peek while I’m waiting for the update to download.

3 Likes
5 Likes
3 Likes
10 Likes

These new planets, flora, and fauna, are an explorer’s (and xenophotographer’s) dream!

The “Space Whales growing?” one looks suspiciously like a variety of Living Ship. I quiver at the thought of future lore pulling together many of the newer pieces of the puzzle.

4 Likes

HELLO GAMES:

“Origins, :tangerine: A small step in a longer journey”

Living Ship Void Egg Planet

“It won’t be our largest update, but it is the start of something”

3 Likes
7 Likes

Yeah, I know what you mean. I keep planning on joining @MacForADay here myself, but I am still sorting a few details. Mindboggling videos, Mac! It’s just completely insane what Hello Games have achieved here. The entire community said, “GIVE US VARIETY,” and quite obviously, they were listening intently.

Well done, @kyle-culver :exploding_head:

8 Likes

After playing the Origins update for three weeks, I finally found sandworms!

5 Likes
5 Likes

Well, it’s time for my world premiere. First up is a look at a Sandworm - or more appropriately, Sand Dragon - as I chased after it in my fighter Scimitar.

No Man’s Sky - Chasing Tail

And below that, I have my first experience as a storm chaser - or actually, storm hider fromer. :sweat_smile:

No Man’s Sky - Ride Like The Wind

Sorry, I don’t know how to embed YouTube vids.

6 Likes

I edited your reply to have the videos show embedded. You get embeds if you put the YouTube links (url) on their own separate line in your reply. Feel free to check the ‘edit’ I made to see how this was done.

3 Likes
4 Likes

Yes. You can actually play the game (not on mobile)

1 Like

Well, if you want a retro version of NMS that you can play on a phone, grab a dosbox for your cell and get starflight, essentially the “original NMS”. Its physics based planet generator is still one of the best I’ve seen, even in this day and age, with detailed and believable breakdowns of atmosphere, hydrosphere and lithosphere. NMS had planned to have the periodic table in there at some point before the idea was abandoned… Starflight actually did.

2 Likes
7 Likes

Starship with wheels concept

5 Likes