Weekly Community Event Season One - General Discussion, tips and Feedback

I’m out for the day and I tried a few combos yesterday, never thought to try coprite. I don’t mind being spoiled and you’ve piqued my curiosity, PM the outcome if you could be so kindly :blush:

1 Like

So they seem to function like they’re supposed to but their name is still that weird one with underscores.

Also how are you supposed to get more coprite right now LOL?

1 Like

Yeah, the weird discovery stuff was happening during week one too. If you look at the thumbnails, you’ll see duplicate species but the names are a bit different. I wonder if the game now generates different names based on the variant scanned (gender, age, etc.). On prediscovered planets I notice I’ll can sometimes scan many (though not necessarily all) flora/fauna that already appear to be discovered. Seems like the game knows the variations you scan yourself are the same, but the discovery servers think they’re different. Might also be related to the server instability - maybe different people find the different versions when the servers are down, then they all get recorded when the servers go back up.

2 Likes

Coprite might still drop if you select a differect mission? You can also expand it in base refiners with oxygen, or create it from mordite+carbons.

2 Likes

To add to the suggestions by @Argh above, you can of course just grow Coprite.

2 Likes

I know. My comment was mostly about who don’t already have coprite on hand somehow. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

5 Likes

Hexite Tragedy - A Sad Tale

I have finished the week 2 quest - but it turns out I can still gather hexite. And, as it turns out it has a valuable use, I decided to collect some more.

I drove out in my exocraft to an area where I know a herd of animals hangs out. I got out, and began to feed them. Very quickly, I had a large crowd around me, following me. Then a storm came up.

I sheltered in my exocraft. When the storm passed, I got out. The whole herd was around me. All dead.

If you are in your exocraft, and an animal touches it, it dies. It counts as being run over, even if the exocraft isn’t moving.

They followed me. They had big smiley faces. Now they’re all dead.

I feel awful.

14 Likes

Truly a tragedy. My condolences for your losses. The universe has a strange way about it sometimes. :cry:

2 Likes

Joking apart, it was actually quite an icky moment. I know they’re cartoon characters - but I still don’t like the idea of killing things that aren’t doing me any harm.

There’s something morally distasteful about it. Even in a simulation.

8 Likes

Maybe they could tweek the code somhow so critters that bump into an exo get back up again.

2 Likes

The exocraft insta-kill thing was a pretty nasty shock the first time it happened to me.
I was actually trying to get a picture of animals near my exocraft, so I jumped into it. I never did get that picture. :sob:

2 Likes

I continued testing the wonky quicksilver numbers today, and I think I finally got stage2 nailed down:

• Feedings submitted to Polo before reaching 100 will give 35 quicksilver each.
  • Feedings submitted to Polo upon reaching 100 will give 80 quicksilver each, but with a cap of 2000!

So the optimal plan for stage2 is to feed 75 animals and give that to Polo (2625 qs), then feed the last 25 and submit that (2000 qs). That gives a combined maximum total of 6625 for both stages of this event.

I still find it hard to believe this was intended.

Update1:
Also remember not to turn in the final data yet if you’re still harvesting Hexite for refining. You need the mission to be active for it to drop.
Update2:
Actually, you should still be able to harvest hexite as long as you don’t visit the shop robot. That is the final week2 mission goal. Also, once you’re conversing with Polo, do not “end transmission” without sending your data. Otherwise, it may still submit your data but give nothing!

3 Likes

Apparently the new Bronze and Silver Gek statues can be placed inside. As I noticed with the week 1 event, none of the statues could be placed inside. This ‘issue’ remains for all other statues, but now we have some odd inconsistency.

2 Likes

Not only can the first (astronaut, blob) statues not be placed indoors, they can’t be placed on any artificial surface.

I could only place mine on bare ground. Any kind of flooring/paving prevented their placement.

I haven’t tried it with the new ones. I’m not spending any more quicksilver until I see what’s for sale in the future.

4 Likes

I got the 25, then the 100, picked up the new helmet. The whole thing was like a petting zoo. Thought about the awesome walker statue, in silver, but a statue of enemy weaponry seemed… weird. Some fantastic planets in this one. I also slaughtered many a predator, they kept killing the animals I fed, not proud of it, but I needed to protect my investments.

6 Likes

Might be worth it?

4 Likes

If that’s the case, I’ve got safeguards against the renegade First Spawn factions, then. :+1:t2:

3 Likes

The Gek will rise again! What do you think Polo is up to with his enslaved korvax. Or should we call polo by his old name Hirk. :crazy_face:

I think I’ll get a walker one and see if it makes, sentinel less hostile on a extreme sentinel planet, I doubt it, i don’t think HG was hinting.

1 Like

I wonder what that would do to the Vy’keens ego to find out the great Hirk was secretly a Gek? Maybe Polo was secretly Nal and that’s why he killed him but to save morale he told them it was because the Atlas demanded he do it :joy:

1 Like