V1.38 Bug reporting

Have you tried deleting and rebuilding the work stations? Mine weren’t in my base when the update happened and my npcs were gone when I rebuilt them. I think they want you to experience the all new lore they added for the base quests.

2 Likes

My stations were mostly still present (not all).
I had to go and hire new techs. One (farmer) was in another system and I only realised this was a kind of fetch quest when I went to use the Galaxy Map and noticed a nearby star highlighted telling me so. (Said Gek farmer or something similar)
I think its meant to be a kind of tutorial but for pre-1.3 players it gets confusing in the differences of how it works …

Thanks for that info! Everything going smoothly so far…the only glitch is the question mark icons remaining after interaction. Leaves me confused as to where I have and have not been.

1 Like

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the reports - we’re working through incoming bug reports.

While you’re very welcome to share reports here, it’s probably most useful for us if you can submit them via our help centre, here: https://hellogames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=167605

This allows us to better understand issues and prioritise them easily.

Oh and also - for PC players, there are currently a few fixes being tested on the Steam Experimental branch, over here: Changes on Experimental - Update 1.3 Atlas Rises :: No Man's Sky General Discussion

Cheers!

14 Likes

Antrium and stuff renamed, but the crafted stuff like voltaic, glass, and copper are ‘obsolete’.
You can still sell them though.

2 Likes

Thanks will be using.

1 Like

Have hope @Ekult, I don’t think they are necessarily, unless being phased out and I am unaware. Is your glass blueprint gone or are you unable to now use glass currently stored? My glass I have been able to use in rebuilding glass corridors at my new home base, plus can make further for the purpose using frost crystals fka coryzagen. Regarding voltaic cells, I still have them listed as something required to place a *beacon (amongst other things), blueprint simply missing now is all. HG are aware of this though so I’m sure all will be resolved.

*edit - earlier said signal booster, whatever time I wrote that but my mistake, with apologies - see this is what happens when you down’t put down the game and go to bed :wink:

1 Like

When i try to complete contracts for the mercenary guild in the campaign, the missions don’t want to count towards the quest.

While viewing my Ship Inventory on the “General” tab, my ship shows as class “A”…which is correct. But when I click on the “Technology” tab, my ship shows as class “C”.

Even after Patch 1.31, I still cannot progress in the Artemis story because I already learned all the words.

3 Likes

Aye, I’m on the same boat. But, at the same time, I’m impressed they’re able to roll out an initial set of bug fixes in no less than a day. I have confidence they’ll be able to fix more of these bugs in the coming week.

@cmdr_taggert correct, that is because the tech was added later, and all existing player ships do not have it (thus are rated C). This is similar to how all ships were labelled C when the classes were introduced. If you want to have a ship that can use the new technology slots, unfortunately you will have to buy another one. (Although if you trade your ship for one with the same slot count, it should not be overly expensive.)

@Zdiddy that should be fixed in 1.3.1

No i was half way through when the update hit i just got copper wire

sheralmyst
August 12 |

Have you completed all planetary base construction quests? I am stepping back thru the process one step at a time which is regaining all my recipes…even though I have rehired technicians etc…I cannot interact with them until the base construction quest moves me to…I hope this helps Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.
In Reply To

GrizzlyBearKing
August 12 |

I’m in the middle of the 1.3 story now and because of the update I cant interact with the staff at my base. they all say that I should leave them alone. I cant do the base missions or finish the main story my whole game is stuck! I attached an image to show you whats going on. I am supposed to be do… Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond. To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

The staff was gone after the update and my planet was a toxic mess. I moved my base. I had empty work stations after the update and move so i hired new but they will not talk to me for there quests or the main story quests.

MacForADay Regular
August 12 |

Have you tried deleting and rebuilding the work stations? Mine weren’t in my base when the update happened and my npcs were gone when I rebuilt them. I think they want you to experience the all new lore they added for the base quests. Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.
In Reply To

GrizzlyBearKing
August 12 |

I’m in the middle of the 1.3 story now and because of the update I cant interact with the staff at my base. they all say that I should leave them alone. I cant do the base missions or finish the main story my whole game is stuck! I attached an image to show you whats going on. I am supposed to be do… Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond. To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Found another bug (also submitted to the zendesk), listing it here for completeness.

Was looking for a new freighter when I encountered this. It is possible this only happens when downsizing, in which case it is hardly relevant, but still should not happen.

My current freighter has a listed value of 185000 units, the new freighter I am offered has a value of 168000 units (smaller freighter).
The price to accept this deal is 185000 (the price of my current freighter).
I believe this is incorrect, it should be 0, like it used to be when you’re trading in a more expensive ship for a cheaper one.

EDIT: I should add, this does not appear to be happening when trying to trade for normal small freighters, the specific model that had this bug was the “star destroyer” (the large one) model. Will update if I can find another one of those freighter battles.

I recommend deleting all workstations, and then only rebuilt the construction one. None of the others. The quests from the construction one will at some point require you to make the other workstation/terminals, and only when that quests requires them should you make them.

Additionally, you are advised not to relocate your base during the quests, either do it before or after.

It is not exactly as it should be, but in general you should be able to get it to work.

1 Like

Really enjoying this game, now :slight_smile:

Bugs:

• Cargo slot in suit inventory doesn’t show when purchased
  • Question marks/POIs vanish or warp/relocate when moving towards them sometimes, especially if going to high altitude
  • I landed on a mushroom… this probably isn’t a bug (not a clear landing site, though) and actually looked awesome, but just wanted to check because I’m pretty sure mushrooms aren’t structurally sound for starship weights… #ItsNotRealPhysicsJenn

Gripes:

• The location of salvage at freighter crash sites is always the same, as is the crashed freighter model. This being randomised would really increase the fun element here and reduce the monotony.

Thanks for the hard work! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Well i had to relocate because my plant because a toxic waist land! and it was a paradise planet. I saw that all my staff was gone so I moved to a new Paradise planet and rehired new staff. but no one will talk to me! I just tried your recommendation and no luck!

Shota Regular
August 12 |

I recommend deleting all workstations, and then only rebuilt the construction one. None of the others. The quests from the construction one will at some point require you to make the other workstation/terminals, and only when that quests requires them should you make them.Additionally, you are advised not to relocate your base during the quests, either do it before or after.It is not exactly as it should be, but in general you should be able to get it to work. Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.
In Reply To

GrizzlyBearKing
August 12 |

The staff was gone after the update and my planet was a toxic mess. I moved my base. I had empty work stations after the update and move so i hired new but they will not talk to me for there quests or the main story quests. MacForADay Regular August 12 | Have you tried deleting and rebuildin… Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond. To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Landing on mushrooms is not a bug. It was possible in all previous patches as well, so lets consider it a feature. You might also be able to land on top of resource deposits before mining them, leaving you with a floating ship. (Don’t forget your jet pack while doing this. :stuck_out_tongue: )

2 Likes

Landing on mushrooms is not a bug, it’s a long-standing NMS pastime. If you don’t have at least 1 mushroom landing in your screenshot folder you haven’t really played the game. :smile:

6 Likes

So, I restarted with the update and I think? that I got a blueprint for suspension fluid, but it’s not showing up, anyone else have this problem?