V1.38 Bug reporting

I have taken on some missing person quests and the galactic map says I have to look in the system I’m in but no waypoint shows up or tells me who I need to speak to, also I’m still getting the glitch that puts the in ship view slightly off where it should be, bit annoying, also being able to transfer stuff to your frieghter as soon as you exit your ship is great! but if your frieghter has no slots free it’s not possible, even if a particular slot is not full, has anyone else experienced this or am I doing something wrong?

2 Likes

Had asimilar experience with a missing person request. Had to travel to a trading depot and bribe a guy with alburmen pearls. Fortunately there were some on the planet so I harvested them and returned.

Upon returning he wanted Ammonium Salts. Fecked if I was arsed system hoping to find someone selling that, just flew back to station and abandoned it :3

@kerdorin ah i see you’ve experienced this too haha. I tried to reset him again to something that wasn’t so hard to find or costly, but it seems the change happens only once or just when you don’t damn well want it to haha.

3 Likes

also @toddumptious I have had a few of these find a person quests, while it is true they tend to ask for different things over time, it has been my experience that they only request 2 different things, and just flying/running around the outpost for a while tends to switch them. The first thing they want is usually a crafted substance (too expensive for my taste :stuck_out_tongue: ), while the second is typically something that be found on the planet itself (heridium, coprite, gold, whatever). So when I get one of those missions I usually end up finding out which cheap material they want, then find it and give it to them (sometimes going off again to explore if they cycled again). Especially in the 250k+ rewards, I usually find it worth the wait. :slight_smile:

@FRANK_CADILLAC The missing waypoint actually seems to be a missing marker only, the black line that goes down from the marker is still visible (though may be very hard to find without the marker on top of it). When you find another missing person type mission (actually, I’ve only had this bug when I had 2 missions at the same time), you can make that your active, and that one usually does show correctly.

4 Likes

Maybe this quest should be called missing marker lol how have you found ship to freighter transference?

I’m happy, they came to the party and fixed what needed to be fixed.
What I don’t understand is how you are having trouble with doing those side missions, I’ve been doing them for a while now and don’t seem to have any problems with them, I found the best way to combat them is to keep a stock of products on your ship at all times, yes at some time you can come unstuck with doing a mission but that’s okay when you know you have done the others.

No one’s saying they’re unhappy. There are things that could be fixed - but they can’t be, if we don’t tell HG about them.

This is not a complaints thread. It’s a positive thing - it’s about improving the game. It wasn’t possible for HG to beta test 1.3 - if they had, the content would have been leaked, and Waking Titan couldn’t have happened.

I think almost everyone here accepts the bugs in good spirit. They’re being fixed almost as fast as we can report them. We’re not doing the game, ourselves, or HG, any favours by pretending the bugs don’t exist.

5 Likes

Potential spoilers…Portal travel problem - need help.

[spoiler]Not sure if this is a bug, or I just don’t know enough, but I used a portal to go to a new planet per an address on here somewhere. First time thought I went back and forth in the Portal a few times while it was still open, did some exploring, went back to the portal and it was closed. At that point I looked online and saw where you could find a base, make it your home, port to a space station, and then you’re ship would show up…well it never did.

Back to saved game, After some additional research online, I went back to the portal, made a note of my current address, ported to the other planet, found a base, made it my home, went back to the portal and again the portal is closed. It also seems dead. The portal controller doesn’t pop up, I don’t see anyplace where I can reactivate the thing.

Right now I’m stuck on a foreign planet with no way to get back. Anyone found a way around this? or do I just go back to saved game and forget portal travel for now?

On PS4, v 1.35.

Edit…on the other planet, or space station, you do not have the option to call spaceship.
[/spoiler]

As far as I understood it, the only way of doing this is going through the portal, claim a base, run back through the portal and then use your ship to go to the nearest space station and teleport to your base.
The reason for this is because you’re not supposed to have a ship (nor will you get a ship) while you’re still on the “other” side of the portal, and making a base, then going back and teleporting to your base works around that restriction. But basically, portals were not designed for travel, and this usage of them is a little bit buggy.

The thing that you should report as a bug though (use this link: https://hellogames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new ), is the fact the portal closes. The portal controls likely don’t appear because you’re at the “other” side of a portal already, and finding your way back would be messy after multiple portals, so that’s alright, but the portal should either be open, or open up after re-activating it. So the fact you’re getting stranded, that really is the bug.

5 Likes

Gotcha, since the first time I went thought I just roamed around without saves or anything else and the portal closed that’s what I reported. At this point I’ll go back to save and just work on getting closer to center.

1 Like

Gravity is not working.
Going towards a black hole and I stop at the edge.
I go to land on a planet and I stop.
Fix please, thank you.

1 Like

Sounds like the issue I have had where my ship would act like it was hitting something only there was nothing there. This only happened on one planet though. The other planets gave me no trouble. Just jumped a blackhole and had no problem with it.

jumping black holes is not the issue, when traveling to a black hole there should be Gravity, not stopping at the entrance. I’ve gone to a complete stop, I would like to see this fixed

1 Like

The wing on my ship sometimes gets caught on buildings and towers. When I try to fly away, I just spin around the object. It was pretty funny the first time. Now it’s not.

3 Likes

So you would like to be stretched out like spaghetti or spiral around and around as you get trapped by the event horizon… :smile: I haven’t really looked, do the NMS black holes have a gravitational lensing affect?

1 Like

I know what you mean but these are not real black holes, we are in a simulation after all so all laws of physics as we know them don’t have to apply, now if we’re talking elite dangerous I would agree with you 100%!

Gettin scientific here.

You could resist gravity, and stop, as long as you haven’t passed the event horizon.

A small one, yes.

3 Likes

Atlas Path is still bugged for me even after 1.35. Second Atlas station, interact prompt is there but the text never plays. I left it alone for awhile but it’s basically the last bit of story I have left so I’m kind of stuck now. I tried having Nada point me to another station but no luck, same issue. Thinking of trying a black hole jump and finding one a station on the other side, seeing if that kickstarts the thing. Anyone else still having Atlas Path issues and/or found a fix?

There’s no fix yet. Many players have this kind of issue.

I have provided the Atlas Seeds. I have fed Heart of the Sun into the pillar at the Atlas Station. I have birthed a new star. I have been told to go jump into a black hole, which I did. In the old game, this would have been the end of the Atlas Path.

However, my Atlas Path has not ended. The quest log still tells me to find Atlas Seeds, and the map marker still points me to Atlas Stations.

Bug, or am I missing something?

I don’t know about your issue, but the Atlas quests are all heavily bugged indeed, I’m sure they’re on it right now.

Spoiler follows…

I reported a blocking issue where I am missing the second seed recipe (the blue one; I’ve got all the others (which come after the blue one!). So I could build the Nanode seed but had to stop there! I’ve even seen the terminal where the remembrance is asked.
Looking at reddit and other places, a lot of people have this issue with one of the seeds (not always the 2nd one).

Other possibly related problem is that in the (new) main story, after the purge steps, the Atlas now stays completely silent (I mean no text box whatsoever, I do a right-click to leave the hidden interface). I had first declined resetting it as I needed some closure in my current galaxy, but now I cannot chose one of the four as it won’t talk to me any more. Come on Atlas, don’t be like that, let’s be friend! (he must know I’ll reset his ass at the first occasion!)

PS: No question about it: I still love NMS! Bugs are normal and the main thing is that they do fix the issues.

1 Like