V1.38 Bug reporting

tis not completely broken please no such rumors needed

4 Likes

Everybody please calm down I didnā€™t expect anyone to get hurt with what I had said, I have noticed how a lot of people get on here and have a rant over this game, so I thought it was my turn, and I now see thereā€™s a lot of people who can not take it and Iā€™m sorry if I canā€™t take this game to heart like all of you, but this game is just one big bug ridden mess and maybe one day it will be all fixed.

I am currently experiencing weird bug with the Purge mission , and seems i cant bypass it . Atlas station #5 was spawn . I did my job , took the seed recepie , go outside and than got notification through my ship telephone that Nada wants to drink tea with me in her and Polos space Anomaly. So I got the ! - mark for space Anomaly in the Atlas station . When i go in it i cant interact with anything.
I tried warping to the other system , came back but nothing .
So now i wait.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By0_y8sIpDivOXRVcF93UTY4WjQ/view?usp=sharing

I guess the best thing to do rather than rant, is to report all issues here https://hellogames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
Thatā€™s the best and most effective way squash all those annoying bugs and/or issues your experiencingšŸ‘

3 Likes

Has anyone experienced not being able to save your game recently? My PS4 normal mode game will not save again. It will tell me that the restore point was saved but it actually doesnā€™t save nor give the small saving indicator in the bottom right-hand corner. I lost 5 hours of gameplay because I didnā€™t realize it until the next day.

My wife playing on Creative Mode has not had this problem.

@FRANK_CADILLAC Thank you for reposting that link. I have sent this problem to HG as well, but I was hoping someone may have a fix/ work around on hand outside of a total restart (which will unfortunately have me putting the game down for the count).

1 Like

No worries! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: HG do read these threads but the link is still the best way, itā€™s prob easier to describe on here too and can make other players aware of issues and compare with there experiences.

I would try all other automatic save-mechanics, like buying a new freighter, setting a new baseā€¦ That kind of thing?

1 Like

I have that same issue with not being able to do anything with the Purge mission. I think it is confusing the Atlas station for the space anomaly. Weird.

LordMarkov,

On Sunday the same thing happened to me (I lost 4 hours of play). I have tried multiple save mechanisms, but no luck. I have entered a bug report with HG and I have gone back to my Survival mode game and wait for a fix.

ā€”Des

1 Like

TopCat,

I agree. I too am in the Purge mission and had reached 8/16 when the game stop ā€œsavingā€.

ā€”Des

Good thought, but it didnā€™t work.

Interesting side note: there was a fourth race traveler on the freighters bridge. (unable to save and I still need glyphs) :frowning:

1 Like

Unfortunately, we canā€™t interact with them when on freighter, so you didnā€™t miss glyph.

2 Likes

Exactly that. I reported bug on Hello games official page and move on.

Has anyone else been experiencing the old ā€œcamera in the cockpitā€ bug lately? The one where the camera jumps out of place when you get in your ship?

Iā€™m on the PS4 and started a survival mode game recently. The starting ship worked fine but the problem started shortly after I found a crashed ship and salvaged/traded it for my starter ship.

1 Like

The next patch notes for Steam may have an answer to my issue for not being able to save. I have included a link here to that topic on these forums.
https://forums.etarc.org/t/patch-for-steam-player/2955/18?u=lordmarkov

The problem may be attributed to the long period of time I have been playing my Normal Mode game. :thinking:

LordMarkov,

I too have been playing the Normal Mode game a long time (Day 1 release). Seems an odd bug to prevent saves, but if the patch fixes the issue then huzzah!

ā€”Des

1 Like

Havenā€™t seen this yet, but also havenā€™t slogged through all 295 posts.

In my game, since 1.3 (PC, MSI GeForce 1070) the brightness during the daytime on every planet has been glaring. Night time is really bright too. I turned the gamma down to 80 but I donā€™t want to play with that too much because the shadows at night are almost pitch black as they are, which is right, but in contrast to the dazzling night radiance itā€™s a bit jarring.

I also still have the problem in cockpit of not being able to see all but the left shoulder of a callerā€™s image during incoming calls. I donā€™t recall seeing that in the bugfix logs.

I also wish that HG would map the direction keys to the PS4 controller D pad buttons so we could rotate the icons of our ships, Multitools and freighters. We used to be able to spin them on axis with the mouse wheel but that doesnā€™t work right now.

1 Like

Just wanted to give a heads up that the latest experimental patch on Steam fixed the ā€œPurgeā€ mission for me. Loving the QoL changes on this one tooā€¦ well done HG!

3 Likes

Repair Damaged Machinery Mission

You get this mission from agents in space stations. It sends you to a randomly chosen signal station to perform repairs. There are usually three repairs you need to perform, one requiring a common substance like iron, one requiring two relatively common substances like zinc and heridium, and a third repair requiring a blueprint, and more exotic substances. It might involve providing a circuit board, acid, a heat capacitor, or living glass, etc.

I was given this mission, travelled to the site, and performed the first two repairs. But the third repair required acid, and I didnā€™t have any. I travelled to another system, gathered the ingredients, made some acid.

I travelled back to the first system, and went back to the transmission tower, only to find that the mission had reset. Not only did I have to perform the first two repairs again, but the third repair now no longer wanted acid. Now it wanted living glass. And I didnā€™t have any of that, either.

I am now reluctant to continue this mission. If I leave the system to get living glass, I suspect that when I get back, it wonā€™t want living glass any more.

3 Likes

And it can happen in the ā€œfind someoneā€ quest when we have to pay the guy at a trade outpost for the location. If you donā€™t have what he wants, when you come back itā€™s possible he asks something else. Boringā€¦

3 Likes