To-Do List (Updated 6/12)

I’ll give it a quick edit :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m thinking maybe the number and letter sequences we have can somehow lead us to something (so 706S7274616P and 97C303N5884P) I have added them in Hex but it comes up as 97ca09 which doesn’t seem to translate to anything, if anyone can somehow help that would be useful.

2 Likes

So another reason we might need to have all the NMS tapes uploaded. Side B the lengths are different, and it seems like there could be more to them. And one big obvious reason is that the first password is 16… = 16 tapes. What do you guys think?

3 Likes

Yeah. I think this needs to have an eye kept on it. The role of the tapes is not yet complete, mainly because they have not really led to anything yet.

1 Like

Only half the tapes have shown up so far. Given the way that waking titan is slowly releasing information and expanding, that leads me to believe that the tapes are going to be important later in this process. What I can’t figure out is whether the word “portal” is going to be important in WT or if it’s just an easter egg for NMS.

1 Like

All of the NMS cassettes are identical so far and the only message to be found is the ‘706S7274616P’ spectogram. The reason for different lengths is how they were played back and recorded. Some only uploaded the important bit, while others recorded the full length. You will notice huge quality differences and audio levels as well as levels of ‘noise’. The only ‘real’ difference so far is the voice calling the number of the tape at the start of side A.

I have done quite a bit of research on all the available tapes and messed with all sorts of technical processes to find clues as well as fixing the audio provided. It becomes very obvious how identical these tapes are, once you remove the noise, sync their speeds and adjust their levels. Only about 10 minutes has been recorded on the B sides to contain this message. Recording this already resulted in some ‘noise’. The spectogram message appears to have additional sounds with it. It sounds like there is wind blowing with some weird vague noises. The message itself is clearly not just on its own. This could mean that either the message was mixed in with some other audio, or the image with the message used was not just plain text on a clear background. Reason I believe this to be the case is knowing how to actually create a spectogram message in audio with a tool like Coagula, Photosounder, Metasynth or similar. I have tried to reverse the process by going from sound back to image and not to a spectogram. No clear results that look like an image was mixed with the message, which makes me believe that additional audio was mixed in instead. The mixed in audio sounds like there is wind blowing with some other random weird sounds at times. I do not own NMS, but could it be possible that in-game environment sound had been used to mix the message with?

Anyway, in my opinion there is nothing else to be found than the obvious spectogram ‘706S7274616P’. I doubt this has anything to do with the Waking Titan ARG, although I would not rule it out just yet either. I do however have my doubts about the ROT13 solution to come to the word ‘portal’. Sure enough it looks like a hex pattern, already resulting in ascii letters, other than the ‘s’ and ‘p’, but for some reason this just seems way too convenient to me. ROT13 only changes those two letters to yield a possible ascii result and does nothing with the numbers, as it is a pure alphabet based substitution cipher. I do however have no other solution, but I keep other options in mind. I would actually be somewhat disappointed if the NMS puzzle was that easy, but who knows, maybe, just maybe, it is all part of a bigger mystery.

3 Likes

We should look through the source of this site to, I am already working on it but it is to much for one person to do it all

1 Like

There are some codes and other stuff at the end of the first PDF, I already translated the binary code to Morse and then to text (couldn’t translate the binary directly to text) and got the alphabet…
Maybe it’s all a bit random but still a thing we can look into

1 Like

I have so far not found much in the source for any of the websites. They are all clearly amazon hosted sites. The echo-64.com is using a WordPress theme called ‘Kallyas’ as the following image found shows. Most likely the other sites will or are using the same theme and is very commonly used in general.

None of the other used images yield any specific results as they are found all over the internet. I am keeping an eye out on specific code and watch my cookies, local storage and cache. Nothing of real interest thus far.

Let me know if you are you looking for anything specific.

1 Like

Thats how we found ORION, one of the first passwords

2 Likes

Try to look for comments, comments are messages written in the HTML that don’t affect the code.
This is how they look:< !-- Sample – >

But basically anything could have information. So look everywhere :slight_smile:

1 Like

Did anyone try to run a spectrograph analysis of the audio of the jammed/garbled parts of the Elizabeth Leighton videos?
Super amateur here, I don’t know if that would be worth a shot… similarily, is it assumed that the noisy and jammed graphics in these videos does not carry any relevant information?

1 Like

Let me know if you need help. I can do a few tasks if you’re struggling?

Idk how to run the spectrograph thingies and I don’t have software for it… if you or anyone else could just run through it? I was thinking it’d be worth a shot!
PS. Any good software free to download? Let me know! :thumbsup:

@bcatrek can do. Where are the sound files?

Im in the car at the mo. Once i get home ill send a link to free software download. A lot of people are using Audacity http://www.audacityteam.org/

Spectograms for the audio in the videos found so far, have no resulting hidden messages. In case you’re interested in trying yourself, I would recommend using Audacity:

I have tried to check for other ways to hide messages in video, but so far no results.
Tried a variety of programs and ways to check for injected files or archives within video. Tools like DeEgger, OutGuess, Steg, VeraCrypt, SilentEye and others could have been used. There appear to be no usually expected ‘headers’ within the files that indicate other files to be hidden within.

1 Like

It’d just be the ripped audio from the Elizabeth files… my way would be to download the videos from youtube or wherever, save it as audio and then spectralize it! :slight_smile:

I’ll nose around for the clean audio files if you don’t have it already, I saw a clip uploaded somewhere …

@DevilinPixy @Edgemo just now saw your comments! Seems like you already barked up that tree! :smiley: Thanks for the link!

2 Likes

Please check out this: - YouTube I really think this guy actually has the 16th tape, and has been playing Side A on loop since June 5th. Only problem is, he has a link to the recording of Side B, but it doesn’t work. Maybe he will fix the link once we are ready for that piece of the puzzle?

Ok guys tell me if you think this is legit? I already tweeted at it. Note the glyphs on the colossus. Are they on all of them? =-)