Tips & Tricks

Yes. No problem. On PC Win 10 pro, Steam, Normal mode, no mods.

1 Like

Hmm… Now I’m wondering if it’s becasue both Mal and I still have Win 7

You can see I’m at straw-grasping point, which occurs between episodes of hair pulling. ;joy:

3 Likes

I am on Win 7

1 Like

Looking for like problems on the Internet took me to Steam. Have a read through.

The only ‘fix’ that I see referenced for Win 7 is this one. I’m unable to recommend it since I’ve never used it. Please backup your system first.

3 Likes

Hahah! Just got there myself! Thank you! :heart:

When you said you were using Win 10, I went looking.

And you have been active on 3xperimental, doing the missions there from the beginning, iirc.

Steam has been updating and making changes too over the last month or so.

I surely will!

2 Likes

Ok we downloaded the appropriate standalone files (see links above), and Mal applied then to his Win 7 build while I was already doing a Nexus regular quest.

aaaand …

Voila!

He logged in and for the first time was offered a QS mission! Yay!

My turn! :sweat_smile:

and all the NPCs are talking to me again! :heart:

Thank you, Interlopers, for all the help! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::revolving_hearts::sparkling_heart:

9 Likes

Great to see your issue solved. I have always wondered why these secure protocols were never enabled by default on Win7, at least TLS 1.2. Even though Win7 is no longer properly supported, it does support these improved security protocols and they are available. Oh well … issue solved :+1:

5 Likes

Yeah. I can’t thank the people here enough! The game is now so much more enjoyable!

Haven’t had (knock on wood) a single glitch all day! Everythign running smooth as silk.

If the lovely people here hadn’t patiently made suggestions, I woudl still be banging my head and tearing my hair in disappointed frustration (not to mention turning the air blue).

Even my online connecting widget in Discoveries actually connected for the first time in about a year!

:does a happy dance:

6 Likes

ya wonder? lol M$ is the explanation in part, other part is monopoly

1 Like

SKY ROADS

I like to lay out my power lines like real ones. I know it’s not necessary, but it keeps me happy.

It turns out that if you do, vehicles will treat them as a solid surface. You can drive on them.

Possibilities for racetrack builders.

13 Likes

ROFL. Weirdly cool. Great discovery.

7 Likes

I need to post this on twitter. Permission? Mention you or not?

3 Likes

Sure. Or claim it for yourself - I don’t mind. :smiley:

2 Likes

as long as HG does remove that feature!!!

4 Likes

They seem to enjoy reddit so I doubt they will ever notice my twitter post. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Ok, how exactly did you find that out? DUI?? :grin:

5 Likes

:wine_glass: :beer: : :wine_glass: :cocktail: :wine_glass: :crazy_face: :blue_car: :warning:

6 Likes
5 Likes

Just re-assign these to anything but a number key in the config menu. You can then still use 0-9 through the existing in-game mechanic.

5 Likes

I have been able to find the one I want.
Enough of the BS of bio-fuel.
My first electromagnetic energy field was underwater!

3 Likes