The last thing I want to do before NEXT

I just kept ending up with nanites over time from just flicking them into my storage vaults:… they just accumulated.
One thing Hello Games seem to delight in with these big updates is ensuring that whatever you horde ends up being useless.
Like I mentioned before… I don’t really care.
Hunting for stuff is a big part of the fun so having everything straight away limits the in-game activities.
Even if my bank balance reset to zero and I had to now earn Polyphemus Obuls or whatever, it’ll still be good fun.

4 Likes

Not really…units have never become useless, nor did nannite clusters…and while they changed recipes up a bit before for the most part rare and hard to find resources have always stayed useful…but in terms of crafting resources looks like everything is being turned on its head this time around…we’ll have to re-learn all things related to crafting.

1 Like

I thought I saw in the only bit of spoiler I looked at that the PS4 “interact” button had moved from square to X … was I seeing that right? That will take some getting used to after so long on the same game.

1 Like

No it didn’t…that’s the Xbox controller…for Xbox the X button is where the PS4 square button is.
51c0a52ceab8ea261d000020-750

2 Likes

Done all my ‘last’ things, the very first thing I want to do is run a Health Diagnostic.

This will entail:

• Checking my base over
  • Checking my immediate surroundings out, see if anything has changed, (maybe my home planet has been blessed with rings now) maybe take a few pictures for comparison purposes.
  • Fly to my freighter, make sure everything is where it should be
  • Check my farm out

However, I’ll probably get waylaid staring at an amazing looking rock or something and spend the rest of the time taking photo’s with me actually in them this time…

5 Likes

Oh yeah selfies can be a thing now! Expect me to be spamming a lot of pictures :laughing:

1 Like

It’s… complicated. I’ll maybe explain more after NEXT officially releases. Also just would like to add in that picture I was stuck inside the wall of his base

3 Likes

Probably going to do the same thing.

First of all, Home base and watch the “changes” applied on the planet… That will be the very first huge surprise I guess… I wonder if it could transform into a planet we saw on Next, or something similar wih huge trees and stuff!

Second thing to check, is inventory, make sure nothing disapeared.
And than… everything I need to know about Next! Probably gonna capture a whole lot of things!

Yesterday I went to do a last walkthrough the planet, fed multiple animals and I guess I just chilled there melancholically and just say goodbye!
I will miss my my haven of peace! ( Sorry for the drama I am still a 1.3 until tonight :joy:)

Posting last picture of it!

4 Likes

What’s the exchange rate on PolyObuls to units cos I bought a bunch off him last year and nobody’s accepting them and I’d kinda like some of my money back.

@oshoryu so easy to get distracted by rocks haha.

I had twenty superconductors left over from missions that I was planning on combining with circuit boards from my own farm last night since other bases are currently unreachable.

I kept forgetting to harvest as I am the only one in my group of friends who’s played this for the last two years and they were all on last night asking every question under the sun trying to get themselves ready for NEXT.

My new base I went with style over profit so only doing five circuit boards every two hours, still haven’t cropped once despite my plans. Getting distracted by all sorts in my excitement… … …

I’ll just sell the superconductors,

5 Likes

Try putting them in an arcade game as tokens.
You might get some tickets and if you get enough, you can exchange them at the booth for a pokemon pencil sharpener :grinning:

5 Likes

The last thing I did before NEXT was back up my saves on USB.

1 Like

About 20 minutes ago, I went into my main save game (the one with the really classy freighter), and sold just about everything crafted. If crafted items change, I’m covered. If the currency changes, I just shot myself in the foot.

And I know you lost your shirt on the Obols - that’s the way it goes with currency deals - it’s a gamble, you know?

But I know how you can make the money back. There’s this guy I know. He’s a Nigerian prince, and he needs to get some gold out of the country…

6 Likes

He’s not the same Nigerian Prince this guy knows? Ah, how could it be… Please pass my details on to him.

6 Likes

We’ll need a separate photo thread for Selfies! ;`D

The last thing I did last night before closing the game (at 2 am) :blush: was sell my 70 Fusion Igniters for 19m+ apiece. So now I have over 2.5B units, and like @Polyphemus mentions above I may either be rich, or totally broke. :laughing:

I ran out of time for tracking down the Theta Fauna scanner upgrade. I’m tempted to go into the game now and keep looking.

I also wanted to get my NMS playtime to 2000 hrs. But I got to 1833. Not too bad. :`)

Haven’t yet made it to any of the hubs. That was on my list, too. Ah, well.

A lot of my fears for multiplayer have been eased over this last week, so I’m really looking forward to NEXT!

See you guys (I hope) on the other side!

Don’t shoot me! Hahah!_

3 Likes

You do? I was thinking that would make more sense since the bloody things were introduced! :smile:

The last (rather unethical) thing that I have done before NEXT is to find a group of animals on my home planet, scan them for credits, and then perform an exocraft drive-by with my mounted laser and I feel guilty now, but at least I got nearly two stacks of mordite.

2 Likes

lol, we have a confession topic for this, it may help you feel better about your actions :wink:

2 Likes

Speaking of confessions, the birds are near unscanable like launch day, back to killing innocent birds and scanning their carcasses :frowning:

5 Likes

Nooooooooo :scream:

5 Likes

I was able to scan birds. It wasn’t easy.

6 Likes