The last thing I want to do before NEXT

So NEXT is coming out tomorrow. The hype levels are off the charts. But there’s one thing in Atlas Rises I’ve never been able to do: see another player. I know NEXT will bring a way better experience, but I kinda want to be able to say I’ve done the old version before. Any bases on creative I can visit? I also want to try something else I’ve been testing, but I can’t exactly say what. It’s a bit of a secret until NEXT.

1 Like

All you will need to do is co-ordinate with another player with an established creative save.
Exchange portal addresses,. Just before you step through, make sure your internet is active (discoveries menu ) and then step through. sometimes takes a moment to sync up.
If you have a mic and earpiece you should be able to talk to each other as well.
I’m sure someone here is able to oblige you.
Good luck.

1 Like

Sadly the game hasn’t let me connect to the online services in about a month :frowning_face:

One thing I’ve been trying is:::

1. to disconnect the PS4 from internet via the PS4 options in NETWORK then reconnect again.
  2. Go back in game and see if the icon at the bottom of the discoveries menu turns from red to blue. It should then turn to green for a bit if you got it working.
  3. It is at this moment I walk through the portal and it works most times

That’s all I can suggest…

3 Likes

It worked!! Thanks a ton!

4 Likes

Even when not connected to online services you can still see others orbs and hear them, the only thing you won’t see are bases and comm stations and any comm or monuments you make while disconnected will not be permanent or appear to others when online services become active.

They’ve been 100% down all weekend, no matter what cannot get any bases that aren’t already saved in my local cache to show up. Think this is how it will remain until the update hits. Doing the trick mad hatter suggests does work but more or less two seconds later it drops again whereas before the weekend it would usually work quite nicely.

3 Likes

How to fix IT things:
https://media1.tenor.com/images/ae09d256126417a2b520fd24e8094814/tenor.gif?itemid=5930420

:rofl:

4 Likes

That explains things. Thanks @toddumptious
My minimal MP experience in NMS is showing :grimacing:

@Ospredox , if you don’t need the online services to just see the other player, you should be ok if you just want to meet someone.

1 Like

Did you see someone?

Nope. Not yet

1 Like

Do you need an address?

1 Like

We met at the CSFD HQ. Thanks for visiting @Ospredox.

3 Likes

Thanks for letting me come! It was super cool. Besides the fact that I kinda broke the game twice.

6 Likes

5 Likes

OSPREDOXBERDUCKS

7 Likes

Hello I know exactly what I am going to do when No Mans Sky Next comes out. I will be forming a galactic or universal alliance based on the sharing of knowledge and technology. I am looking for like minded individuals to join me on this endeavor. I can be found on ps4 as Hawkeye312457 or Hawkeye The Explorer. Lets build something great and amazing.

2 Likes

My organization is actually rather similar. Here’s the link for more info:
https://forums.atlas-65.com/t/the-galactic-avian-organization/

2 Likes

That’s great you got to do an orb meetup.
What the heck happened with those comms? That’s really wierd :rofl:

4 Likes

The last thing I did before NEXT was to fully max out my mercenaries guild screen…got to gold in all four criterias. I didn’t fully max any of the other five factions but I do have max reputation with all three species which as far as I can tell is the only limiting factor.

And obviously I backed up my save files to USB and cloud and my PC.

2 Likes

I actually left my base intact so I can see what happens to it and decided not to worry about maxing out my stores as I suspect heaps of things to be rendered obselete.
Hopefully my maxed tech and guild standing prove to be of some benifit but in truth I don’t mind at all if I am given tons of chores to do. The longer it takes to sort it out, the longer I’ll have things to keep me occupied.

3 Likes