Solving STATUS update Memory Dump & PAX East 2018 Live Drop

Thank you for putting all this information together, I was away for the weekend and missed a bunch of stuff. The video helped me get caught up.

2 Likes

So where do things stand? Have we figured out the refrigerator magnet message we got at PAX or found anything in the .jpg on wakingtitan.com that the status command now gives?

Edit: clarification

The magnets were for a password.
So far the image experts have not unscrambled the jpg.
We wait again

Take a :beer: down and pass it around 

1 Like

Pass it over here mate it’s been a long day

Go to the WARE website and click the lock icon on the upper right hand corner. Enter arnaud@philojeux.com for the username, and f1orbiag55z1 for the password. So far, it seems all we got was whatever information you can find there.

7 Likes

Oh wow amazing! I just rad it all! With work I wasn’t even aware that something moved again ! log on - 86 replies and new topic! haha

@DevilinPixy Nice translation!

The site of Phylo jeux has a lots of curious things.
about mnemosyne and Atlas

3 Likes

Do you know of a complete English translation of that website?

1 Like

@MacForADay just can not go to those sites!

Security 

Emily 

Security

2 Likes

5 Likes

I’d like to point something about “The tablets of Mnemosyne” traduction. maybe not important but in this ARG any detail can be usefull.

Dans ce jeux de text adventure novateur, incarnĂ© l’un des disciples du philosophes le plus influent de l’histoire.

Strangely, this sentence is full of agreement error, spelling mistake. “jeux” is plural so it should be “jeu”. “incarnĂ©â€ is a horrible error, “incarnez” is good, so the translation is “play as one of the most
” and not “he’s one of the
”
“philosophes” is plural too, why “S” then , Socrates is the only one philosopher mentioned.

Under the name on top of the page:
“Je joue ce qui ne se joue pas.”

“je joue” = i play is ok, but in french “se jouer” can mean “be played” like it is used for this translation, but also “be decided” (don’t think it’s the meaning here but why not), “be performed” interesting because if the meaning would be " je joue" = i play(a game)" the good french sentence would be “Je joue “à” ce qui ne se joue pas” . “I play what is not performed” can be a possible translation.
The last possibility for “se jouer” is " take place" or “play out” . " I play what is not played out " 
 isn’t it what we do in the simulation ?

Now i just hope that message is understandable :stuck_out_tongue:

10 Likes

Possibly it’s written in Quebecois?

Also, possibly, like the Chinese text, it’s been written in a grammatically imperfect form, that translates well into English?

4 Likes

I also noticed another HUGE gramatical mistake in french (french being my mother tongue)

it’s not “penser” but “pensĂ©es”

weird.

Perfectly right on what you wrote @kerdorin

Also releasing in July 2018
 makes me think about the date of the " Next" update

Edit: Ok, there’s at least 5 huge horrible errors
 can’t be a coïncidence !

9 Likes

If you scroll up and watch the video I posted, I read out the whole Philo Jeux website in English.

1 Like

Even canadians from Quebec speak and write a “good” french (sometimes better than frenches themselves ^^), only some expressions are really different, not the grammar (ie the “incarnĂ©â€ instead of “incarnez” in english it’s like “played a character
” which is horrible i guess, instead od “Be a character
”)

I don’t know if we noticed it , but the example of the game is a part of Thaetetus written by Plato.

5 Likes

Well, maybe the person who wrote this was just bad in french XD. Due to the grammatical errors that could change the meaning of the translation, it was probably writing directly in french by someone not good enough in french haha. (And did not even use Antidote
)

1 Like

:beer: (forced to type text)

3 Likes

Guys, like @Polyphemus said: it was clearly written originally in English and Google-Translated to French in order to form perfect English when Google-Translated back to English. A&S knows the bulk of their audience.

2 Likes

The JPG from waking titan has anyone “fixed” that yet?

1 Like

I tried. There’s not enough of it there to fix. It’s a very low-resolution copy of the original picture, and the formatting information has been overwritten.

1 Like

Then find EMILY and force her to give it up!!!

lol

5 Likes