Solving STATUS update Memory Dump & PAX East 2018 Live Drop

I do image corrections for my business, what image is everyone referring too that needs to be fixed from the Waking Titan? I’ve got some custom software that I may be able to use on it.

It doesn’t work. Online translator make mistakes mais not this sort (plural when singular, missing word, past participle when infinitive etc…). And A&S are from Montreal and most of the team is french-speaking (if not all) so they can’t let 9 mistakes in a so small text.

And for the translation, maybe it gives a perfetc english, but what about the meaning ? You have one, but is there the right one ?

2 Likes

It’s philosophy. It’s not supposed to mean anything. It’s supposed to be impenetrable.

1 Like

@Zantcor
This image…

1 Like

His game is supposed to be about philosphy, not the descriptions of the creator and the game :wink: And as this site is a part of the ARG it’s not there for nothing.
But maybe the only thing to discover was “Theaetetus” (for the next glyph or something else)

1 Like

Has anyone figured out what the mixed up words are? I’m late to the party so I don’t know whether this has been figured out or not. Personally (Purely hypothetical here) this looks like it might be blackout poetry (Remember this is purely hypothetical).

The words gave the password to a dev account on w/are site.

Thx for the info!

1 Like
  1. Asia is red colored;
  2. There is a blue sound spectrum bottom of image beside of server things;
  3. everything is a poor resolution, so…!
  4. we have to find something on it. Maybe any sound inside image binary codes.

05B2D2AD-3DD2-48DB-A581-D6F679C6B226

4 Likes

Agreed, must be something here, but the res is too low to do much with it… cannot copy the ‘audio stream image’ into a form that audacity can work with as yet…

2 Likes

there used to be a program on the pc that made pic into sound not too sure what it was called.

I ran the image through this site: PIXELSYNTH/ But it’s just noise. I don’t really have time to play with it much at the moment but others might have more luck :slight_smile:

1 Like

Does anyone think there is significance to the totals displayed on the WARE developer site.
Total Sessions Total Users Developer Signups Highest Online Users
1 001264 75 329 426 52 412

these totals appear to be static.

1 Like

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/griffonagedotcom.wordpress.com/2014/11/27/how-to-play-back-a-picture-of-a-sound-wave/amp/

I’m gonna give this method a go if possible on phone, doubt pc will be fixed in time before someone figures it out

2 Likes

There are several programs out there to create sound from an image:

In almost all cases, a normal detailed image, will by default result in noise that makes no sense.

2 Likes

I believe Audacity will also work

This might already have been posted, but in honour of Arnaud Lacours who’s birthday IS TODAY I translated into English, what is written in French on the philojeux.com website. It’s stored as a pic file so one needs to write it in google translate word by word to get it done.

TL:DR It seems to be about memory as a concept, as granted us by Mnemosyne (the Greek god of remembarance, daughter of Titans Uranus and Gaia and mother of nine muses), and that either we know stuff - or, when stuff is “deleted” we forget them. My interpretation is that it seems very much like how a computer program either has data stored in memory, or not (like a very digital way at looking at memory, maybe not very “human”).

From the website:

But I already know all that.

Socrates: Let’s say that these tablets are a present of Mnemosyne mother of the muses, and that all we want to remember, between all the things we have or seen or heard or thoughts of ourselves, we print it as with a stamp, always holding these tablets ready to receive our sensations and our reflections: that we remember and know all that was imprinted on it, as long as the image remains of it; and that when it is erased, or it has not been possible for it to be engraved on it, we forget it, and we do not know it.

1. but it’s completely stupid
  2. either
  3. It follows that what we know, we knew and did not know at the same time?
10 Likes

Like in the past we read books about greek philosophy, Arnaud Lacours now has written a text game as a new way of a game adventure.
In this text game adventure we come to know the thoughts, dreams and memories of one of the most influential students of philosophy : Socrates, by means of debates and lively discussions.

You could say he introduces a new way of learning, through gaming and maybe, in this case, to not forget where our western civilization started…

Maybe No Man’s Sky is doing the same teaching but then to prepare us for a possible future and to not forget where it all started?

5 Likes

The 2nd answer is noy “either” but “so be it” (or Let us assume that as it was translated from the original tex). “Soit” in french can mean alternative (as google translate) or acceptance. I have to say that in the Plato’s text, it is the answer Theaetetus make to Socrates.

The english version of the original text:

Socrates
Please assume, then, for the sake of argument, that there is in our souls a block of wax, in one case larger, in another smaller, in one case the wax is purer, in another more impure and harder, in some cases softer, and in some of proper quality.

Theaetetus
I assume all that.

Socrates
Let us, then, say that this is the gift of Memory, the mother of the Muses, and that whenever we wish to remember anything we see or hear or think of in our own minds, we hold this wax under the perceptions and thoughts and imprint them upon it, just as we make impressions from seal rings; and whatever is imprinted we remember and know as long as its image lasts, but whatever is rubbed out or cannot be imprinted we forget and do not know.

Theaetetus
Let us assume that.

There is no “tablet” in the original text (french or english tanslation) i don’t know if it’s important.

Anyway, Plato’s dialogue is about Epistemology, the nature of knowledge.

4 Likes