Sean Murray's Reveals MAY 2018 (PvP Disscussion)

That’s not going to work…AI can’t kit as well as a player can and when you kill an AI pirate it stays dead…a griefer will just respawn and repeat over and over and over until you move or they win…and then you have to move.

NPC also respawn.
How do you know they will repeat harassing you over and over again?
They human, they can get bored. But NPC can’t.

Incorrect…AI can respawn but not for a long while with the only exception being the eyeball sentinels and those are easy as ants to deal with…human griefers are far worse than anything the AI can throw at you…a million times worse.

The AI you can know what will be like long before you move in and build a base too…the griefers can pop in at any time and force you to abandon a base you spent hours and hours building.

1 Like

“the griefers can pop in at any time”
How they do that?
I don’t recall any ability to instant teleport like that in the game.

You mean you never heard of portals? They’re not that hard to use and can access any solar system in a galaxy in minutes.

pop in at any time not the same with portal.

How is it not the same? Once a griefer is there you may have some slightly longer time to make a plan about it but in the end it won’t matter…once they’re there they’ll relentlessly attack…if they park their ship by your base killing them will be useless as they’ll literally be right back in front of you 10 seconds later.

Good, we need some sense of urgency and fear in NMS. Either through PVE or PVP. This " hostile Scifi " Uhniverse is WAY too benign.

I want to earn my survival; i hope they add in spacesuit malfuntions and diseases, or the equivalent of one since we’re not even real.

I want to have to be carfeul with who i give my Portal Address, just like phone number IRL.

I am going to love the new emergent player to player interactions in NEXT and beyond.

Its what NMS needed to take that NEXT step :wink:

6 Likes

Well, it’s not the same. It’s not instant pop in at any time.

We don’t know how will will respawn after killed by another player.
Again we don’t know anything about NEXT.

It’s Sci-fi not “hostile scifi”…and you can adjust difficulty to your liking to Survival or Permadeath and if you want it harder still you can go to hostile galaxies…where the AI is a lot more hostile.

Unless you purposely put your base like 2 min away on Foot from your portal, and or dont just give out you’re coords to jusy anyoone, i think most of us wont even see other players that often unless we purposely try to meet up, be near a HUB,etc.

Incorrect…a base can almost always be found within 10 to 20 minute from a portal and once the griefers got their ship through in your system it’s practically over. If unrestricted then they’ll die and respawn as we do now…their ship can be an anchor and spawn point anywhere.

Well in Scifi, says Sm himself, " This isnt some walking sim where you stare at trees, you are always in danger "

And yeah buy Calypso is still meh, no ones their and Permadeath is not worth it due to some game breaking bugs that could occur.

I want more of that danger Sean! The game is at its best right at the very beginning of a playthrough. Upgrades really matter and u must really think and be cautious with your every step.

I just want the normal moment to moment act of Survival to be deepened.

4 Likes

There’s lots more hostile galaxies than just Calypso.
And it’s not a walking simulator…there is definitely gameplay and danger…but once dealt with it generally stays dealt with for a while.

There is a possibility they will change the respawn mechanic.

2 Likes

All speculation and 1.3 knowledge, we have no idea how MP and PVP will be implemented so im holding off putting my 2 cents on it, cuz its probably wrong and or doesnt apply due to changes, rebalances,etc.

If theres one thing i leanred with HG, whenever u think u know what they’re doing, they always surprise you with something different.

5 Likes

Even if they push it to something like spawn at space station…them getting back to your base is a matter of a minute or two at most.

I really dont think we are going to get spam killed in NMS lol. Im sure killing Players will increase your wanted level, and or something else cuz HG hasnt said more about the innards of PVP,Co-op, etc.

But even still, i think you’re simplifying how easy it will be to grief in NMS, and forgetting how unlikely it is to bump into someone in a random non colonize point in space.

1 Like

Until there is clarification expect nothing but the worst…given how wrecked Atlas Rises was when it launched in terms of bugs I don’t expect PvP to be that well balanced at all. The best case scenario is PvP will be 100% optional and can be disabled or restricted to its own mode but I wouldn’t bet on it.

1 Like

I think everyone on this thread should move foward now as we don’t have any real details on how the mechanics will work so it’s not really going anywhere by prematurely commenting about features we don’t fully understand yet.

Compaints, questions and suggestion should go to HG via a designated email address for those. Lets keep this forum clean and free of foul language and negative comments directed towards any individuals.

Have a nice day everyone :slightly_smiling_face:

I’ll be on other threads now while eagerly awaiting what SM has in store for us and willing to adapt to the new mechanics and features when they are revieled.

7 Likes