Patient Intervention Thread - Alexander

However her impatience pays off in the second conversation, if you remind him of the sim immediately you can get some interesting information from him… But going the other route also yields results. :thinking: Hmmm

Alexander is having problems with facial recognition, the first node is Prosopagnosia

10 Likes

Maybe the B stands for Bull! and also I get the feeling his Father may have died in the fire,

Thank you @SingularGleam

I tried that last night but was so tired I think I spelt it wrong :see_no_evil:

Thank you Singular!!

I’ve been assuming Jacob is his younger brother Jaque this whole time, or perhaps a son named Jacob but I dunno.

Nicely done…I would have never solved this one…not based on what we learn from the first node and not helped by the fact I had never heard of the disease.

1 Like

I think the clowns was a nice little tiny hint towards it, they all had the same smiles but this only freaked him out later after developing this mental illness.

3 Likes

Yes, and then not recognizing Emily. I tried Alzheimer’s first.

3 Likes

So since the first result was a disease or mental illness maybe the second one is too…problem for me is I’m not very familiar with many at all just common stuff like Alzheimer and the sort…the ones you can’t not hear about at some point.

Tried Anomic aphasia (also known as dysnomia, nominal aphasia, and amnesic aphasia) for node 2.
Means inability to remember names.
No luck.

1 Like

Perfect opportunity to google illness related to memory and brain function :slight_smile: that’s what I was doing before I fell asleep last night :joy: I think, my memory’s not the best :smirk:

2 Likes

Also tried PTSD & Post Traumati Stress Disorder.
No luck.
Trying to find a mental condition revolving around security blankey type fears.
He really wants the lamp…

3 Likes

Yes…the lamp is the big thing for him…not so much the lightning, which can also cause a fire. It’s as if him getting the lamp means that no matter what happens next it can’t be his fault and that’s all that matters.

1 Like

I can’t find a condition that directly relates to this…
I’ll keep trying variations.
They use ‘comfort items’ for victims in shock or following traumatic incidents.

2 Likes

Maybe fear of causing something…fear of causing fires…no idea if that’s even a thing lol. I’ll try to search some more in about 10-15 minutes after I take care of some stuff.

He says his father did not die but, it does seem the cows did. Have tried all forms of bull, bovine even Beelzebub since he said the bull was a spawn of Satan…lol

1 Like

I know… i even tried BBQ BEEF in my exasperated frustration :rofl:

3 Likes

I tried burnt burger and burnt beef lol

2 Likes

Burnt hay and (his wifes name) beginning with B … a war time olf fashioned name??? Ive tried lots

Last night, I sat down with pencil and paper and made sure i went through every possible line of conversation. Most choices will loop you back around to a section of conversation you already had. Only a couple of choices lead to a dead end. If the answer turns out to be staring us in the face, I am gonna :scream:

The only topic he refuses to discuss, is his wife.

1 Like