Patient Intervention Thread - Alexander

So, an older man with mild to moderate dementia. This might get a weeee bit tricky.

Some sort of summary:

• Had at least two brothers, Jacques and… Napoleon? Sounds more like an animal name, but once he states that “Napolean always hid the lamp in his Bedroom”, then he states that his little brother did it, and Jacques isn’t born yet. So we have… Alexander and Napoleon. Why, if it wasn’t for jacques, there would be a pattern here.
  • Had at least one sister of unknown name, though I wouldn’t be surprised if her name was Katarina, Cleopatra or somesuch :smile:
  • Witnessed their barn burning down as a child, no physical harm to family. Still, the memory rattled him.
  • Travelled a lot to farm fairs in his youth (until 17. Presumably he stopped working for his father at that point).
  • Met his wife at one of those fairs.
  • Probably has a son called Jacob.
  • Worked with his in-laws for an indeterminate amount of time.
  • Was delivered to WARE by his wife and Jacob in the hope of treating his dementia.
  • Something odd about his wife. At one point he forgets about her, or might be alluding to her death, though he later says that she was with him to visit the doctors at WARE. A momentary loss of memory is usually more in line with dementia than completely false memories, so that would seem more likely. On the other hand, the way he reacts to mentions of her seems to indicate something repressed.

Can’t quite make heads or tails of it at the moment, as is usual when dealing with people with dementia. I like him, though.

5 Likes

We probably have to find a first name starting by a I (woman) and something aromatic or smelly starting by B…

1 Like

More likely it was the fire. If a roof catches fire due to lightning strike, the fire starts spreading from a relatively small, but very hot spot. Sounds close enough to what he describes for me.

1 Like

“They weren’t. It’s my fault. I need to get the lamp.”

He blames himself yet it was lightning???

The red dot is high in the sky, he saw it after clouds open up.

The only other reference I can find him making to smells is candy apples at the fair.

But it doesn’t seem to work as a keyword.

1 Like

Once he has the lantern he claims there is no fire?

Something in the memory doesn’t add up…like he is remembering different timelines or something.

2 Likes

Also tried Burnt Hay and Blood as password.

1 Like

Have wondered about this. My dad had dementia. He often confused current things with past events. After surgery for his hip, he kept talking as if he were reliving his childhood. In his mind he was the little boy who lost his mother at 12. I think something like that may be happening here. That is why we are given both conversations at once

6 Likes

He’s lied about some things
Patient file
Have you ever lied ?
White lies. Never to cause any trouble

From the fair conversation:

What’s incredible is that this is one of the first times I’ve been able to remember it all so clearly.
Alexander :
Usually it’s just blurs and flashes.
Alexander :
I’m very happy to have been able to share what I remember.
Emily :
What helped you?
Alexander :
Just sitting here, you know.
Alexander :
I could hear the whispers of the crowd.
Alexander :
I could smell the candy apples. And then, I remembered.

1. He can’t normally remember things clearly;

2. The whispering of the crowd, and the smell of candy apples, brought it back to him.

6 Likes

So he says, but he was a kid scared out of his wits. For now I’m going to go with ockhams razor :stuck_out_tongue:
There might however be a possibility that he’s mixing the memory up with something he saw in the simulation.

4 Likes

That’s the problem for us, he’s merging plenty of things :frowning:

1 Like

With names like Napoleon and Jaques could we be looking for a French word?

1 Like

From the Screening Report:

Otherworldly vegetation ???

6 Likes

Doctors name ended with an ‘i’

1 Like

he does mention corn but that’s not otherworld

From the doctor conversation:

Do you know what their treatment plan was for you?
Alexander :
I don’t know. They went through a process, a bit like you.
Alexander :
I don’t know.
Alexander :
Made me talk to them.
Alexander :
Dream a lot.
Alexander :
Smell a lot of things.
Emily :
Were they trying to look for combinations of things?
Alexander :
I don’t know.
Alexander :
At the end, I was almost always smelling burnt hay.
Emily :
Burnt hay.
Alexander :
Yes. They tried to mix it with something else.
Alexander :
To make me remember.
Alexander :
Burnt hay and…B….

In the fair conversation, the trigger was the combination of a sound and a smell.

In the doctor conversation, we’re told they tried to mix the smell of burnt hay with something. But we’re not told it was a smell. It could be a sound we’re looking for.

4 Likes

He clams up when prompted to go near the mirrors with the woman he’d spoken with.

Traumatic triggers maybe.
Sounds like the stuff he avoids is the exact stuff we need to decypher…

1 Like

Vikki Stafford is the only name to end with an i, I could find real quick. From the report after the lab incidents. One of the people unaccounted for.

2 Likes