Obtaining 16 Glyphs

Can somebody please help me find a single traveler? I’ve been to 20 space stations with no hope.

1 Like

well, I don’t know there is a great way to find them, they are random, but I’ve had better luck with Korvax systems with multiple planets. Also I avoided Atlas and black hole systems. Also avoided non-rare star systems. So my search criteria kinda looked like:

Korvax
Lots of planets (4-5 ore more). *they seem to want to send you far away from the station around other planets
No Black hole
No Atlas
Non-rare star type. (Not Blue, Green, or Red, star)

2 Likes

While Travelers do show up at Space Stations, it really is quite rare.

They are more commonly seen at Trading Outposts on planets. I have seen one in a Space Station after going to about 16 systems, and 1 at a Trading Outpost in about 4 Outposts. (Have seen two total, so not the biggest sample size to work with).

I would recommend hitting up Space Stations and having a look in the main hang-out room. Then hit up the missions boards and do the delivery missions that take you to Trading Outposts to deliver goods. This directs you right to the outposts, and if there is no Traveler around, you’ll at least complete a mission.

Happy hunting!

5 Likes

That’s brilliant! Thanks for sharing. Got that feeling “How come I didn’t think of that?”!

To find trade outposts and check for travellers I was following those orange traces up in the sky (left by all the ships leaving the trade outposts). It works but is very tedious. I like your method much better!
And on the top of that, it’s one stone, two shots!

2 Likes

I’m in the euclid galaxy, I’ll have to get the region, and system name for you later today, when I get back on.

1 Like

There is a method to get them to spawn that I’ve heard about, but it has only worked for me once in a Kovax system. Land at a trading post on a planet, and put a beacon down, get in your ship, and pulse drive in to space give it over ten seconds, then fly back down, do it a couple of times and a traveller should appear at the trading post when you land.

3 Likes

Finally got on to check up the details for you, as I said I’m in the Euclid galaxy. The region is the Weperos cluster and the system is named CIV (as in Romania numerals). Hope that helps if you’re still looking.

2 Likes

I’m in Euclid too, but I just black holed earlier today. I will have to probably return to base in hopes of being closer to you. I hope Hello Games makes it easier to navigate to friend systems outside of using glyphs. If I find one glyph, I’m going to try to use the method to get them all. I’m still searching on Korvax systems and it’s so exhausting and time consuming.

1 Like

Yeah I can understand that, it will be interesting to see how multiplayer develops, and how they continue to alter the social experience.

You’re in a Korvax system, which is good, as it’s the only system, I’ve managed to make one spawn on, rather than just naturally finding them. Find a trading post, if you can’t find one, either follow the trade routes (white lines around the planet) or accept a delivery mission from the space station. Then follow this tip.

I’ve linked a video that someone else made explaining it, as I said I found it worked on Korvax systems. Hopefully it works for you. And remember when you find the grave place a beacon, as it’s easy to lose them once you leave the planet.

3 Likes

For all it’s worth, yesterday I saved and quit the game in a trade-outpost after checking that only a group of Geks were hanging out there.
When I relaunched the game in the evening, a Traveller was waiting by the trading-ball.

I also found a grave stone by randomly walking & explorating (not looking for it!) and scanning for knowledge stones; I got the glyph without ever finding the corresponding traveller.

3 Likes

Im on ps4 and its still not giving me the last glyph no matter how many traveler graves i visit

1 Like

Had the same happen in 1.33 or 1.34 after a reload. A Gek changed to a Traveller at one of the shelters. I have yet to see it happen in 1.35, although I now noticed the single Gek disappearing at Observatories and/or Transmission Towers instead after a reload. I often come across them empty to begin with now as well. Not quite sure what to think of this or if my memory has been affected.

2 Likes

Hey I just want to say…THANK YOU for this was the only useful forum I’ve found that helped me make this new update useful. Trying to use the Pilgrim App to use coordinates is just crazy. Who has that kind of time? No Man’s Sky is lengthy as it is. I hope that they continue to build on what they’ve introduced.

Use the glyph glitch while it lasts. It worked like a charm for me for the MOST part.

I’m on PS4. These are my exact steps.

• Get about 300 nanites from anywhere
  • Get on a Korvax system (number of planets didn’t really matter as the one I was successful on had ONE planet, I was surprised)
  • Find a trading post (talk to aliens, bribe em’, scan, ask for directions, do a delivery job and HOPE that it’s on your system)
  • Go to the trading post once you’ve found one. If no traveler is present, fly to the planet’s atmosphere and fly back down to the post. If there is still no traveler there, leave the system and find another one (although you might be able to find another planet in the system and try again, but my initial system had 5 planets and I didn’t want to waste time)
  • Once you are on another system and planet with another trading post, land on the planet, if there is no traveler there, fly up and out and then back down as mentioned above. A traveler should be there. If not, keep moving til you find one. It only took me two system traversals.
  • When a traveler is found, break dance…then ask where they are from (please have some nanites on you, at least 200)
  • Find the unknown grave that the traveler will direct you too. Get the materials to create a beacon. Place the beacon beside the grave.
  • Extract the glyph, fly up and out to the system space station. Go to the trade terminal, sell 1 item (carbon was my choice as it’s so abundant and isn’t hard to replace). Fly back down to your beacon. Collect your 2nd glyph. Repeat until you have all 16.

Note: On my 16th trip, it gave me nanites (technology) instead of my final glyph, not to mention the first glyph that I received was 2 of 16 (2/16). I got 1/16 last.

That worked for me in NORMAL MODE with no new game creation after the patch. I have been using the same game that I started with upon purchase last year at release.

Thanks again everyone who took time to give me guidance. I was about to give the game a rest AGAIN!!

6 Likes

It’s a known exploit, it should be fixed one day :wink:

I know that it’s known. But how to accomplish both things was the hairy part. I knew about the glyph exploit, but finding travelers was very mixed in how it was shared on the net. I was just sharing the steps that I took hoping that it will help someone else get the glyphs before they patch it, possibly making it more difficult to accomplish.

2 Likes

I was doing great with the Artimas missions and found a traveler on a space station and gathered 7 glyphs. Everything was happening in one system and going well and then I was sent to another star system, then another, and so on. Haven’t seen another traveled yet. I’ve continued and 'am now on 12 of 16 in the atlas path. Still no more travelers. Do I backtrack to find one before I finish the Atlas path? Anyone have a suggestion? I’m hesitant to proceed without all 16.

1 Like

POSSIBLE SPOILER- Not sure if it helps, but the glyphs you find at graves are different from the 12/16 for that mission (purge). You do not have to do both at the same time. That mission can be completed without getting all the glyphs from travellers.

2 Likes

I only had one glyph at the end of the story line. When I made my decision of Ancestral and was sent to my new position, I found the 1 I had was gone. I have only found 1 traveler since and am getting frustrated at the inability to finish my glyph collection.

I did backtrack by teleporting to my home base and jumping about 3 times to where the original traveler was. He’s still there, so I’m collecting and then I’ll teleport back to the station I was on and then continue. The weird thing is when I left to go back to my home planet I was on 12 of 16 in the Purge. Now it says I’m on 15 of 16 and I’ve not done anything to move that mission forward…strange, we’ll see what that means later!!! Happy Travels.

If you are going to be exploiting, don’t make it so hard on you. On pc, you have the option of learning them all in one go with the save-editor, or a new mod released today to get them all out of a single grave.

1 Like