Obtaining 16 Glyphs

After at least 15-20 systems, I finally found a traveller. Handed over the nanites, he pointed, I followed…only he pointed to another system. Checked my galaxy map and nope, it is not there. Nothing to indicate where I should look. Portaled home then back,repeated the process still nothing. :cry:

1st time i see a traveller who point to another system. You didn’t have the monolite/ruin icon on a planet (or the same planet if it was at a trading post )?

This could happen with any npc. With mission npc it worked ok, according to my experience.

Mission ok, usually the delivery one. But when on a planet i never had to change of system because of a NPC.

No. There was no icon of any kind… :hushed:

There was also only 1 planet in the system

I had a similar thing occur…
I eventually located the quest icon & system in the galactic map but I had to zoom out a good distance from my location on the map to find it.

EDIT
Delivery was to an non-iconed trading base with tiny text stating ‘make the delivery’ or something similar.
Frustrating to locate and all for a tiny reward.

1 Like

Argggg…I was so excited to finally have all 16 glyphs, after hours of redundant work, only to find out I didn’t get # 8. I’ve tried a few more times and it even says he’s giving me a glyph, but I get…nada! # 8 is still empty. Giving up for now, but I love this game so I’ll be back at it soon!

Finally got the missing 8th glyph after 24 round trips back an fourth with a few missions in between. Whew!

2 Likes

I was so desperate in two ways.

1st my base is on a rare planet (because it’s cool) and portals are hard to find there.
2nd I could not find any travelers (After ignoring them on my new save at the beginning)

My Solution for first problem, I can backtrack portals. Kudos to you guys. I learned that the portal address in one system is the same except the first glyph that changes. So once you know one address in you system… you can try until you find your rare planet (my portal on my rare planet is now 7h away from base… but yeah)

My solution for finding no travelers is also based on this forum. Kudos again to you guys!
My delivery quest was bugged. I abandoned all missions with delivery (even after the 1.37 fix) I could not get any traveller.
Next step find a trading post… any trading post buy the way ( worked with corvax and viking for me and worked on a yellow and red system)
Save, restart game ( only need to get in the mode view) and voila I had a traveller.
Pay him go to grave etc.

And now it gets interessting. You can do that again. He points you to the same grave…does not work. You fly to system station. Save, and exit game and get an other grave location. That can be on the same planet or a different planet in the system.
…and since I was curious… sometimes flying back to existing graves worked again for me. So graves might have a timer or something.

Now on 14/16 glyphs.

Hope that helps…sorry was a long one and I am not native english speaking.

4 Likes

“Joint Exploration” is a basic form of collaborative experience. I bought No Man’s Sky assuming no multiplayer and am quite happy as a lone explorer. Some, though, crave “playing with friends” if only in this collaborative style. Hello Games did say that this was the first step in collaborative play, so who knows what it may become.

Due to my desire for lone exploration, I’d like a way to “turn off” the ball/bubble/lights showing you other players in your area. Further, landscapes littered with communication stations kind of irritate me – visual clutter I can’t get rid of. But that’s just me and relates to the lone exploration I prefer.

2 Likes

Apologies for Necro’ing this but I made a bit of a breakthrough last night.

While merrily flying along, just minding my own, like you do, in my shiny new fighter, I was attacked. My new fighter is still going through the retrofitting process but I wanted to fly it.

Needless to say I got spanked and died.

Just to rewind a little, my search for travellers and not finding any has been well lamented about on here. Some of you even suggesting I play Black Hole roulette to try and do something under the hood of the game.

Anyway, my last hard save was an hour prior so I bit the bullet and pressed on and would you believe it? The very next Trading post I landed on I find a member of the Fourth!

Hurrying to the location he gave me I quickly placed a beacon, determined to fully exploit the grave, (the hours I’ve put in searching for Travellers more than justifies this.)

I left and headed back to the Trading Post, sold something and headed back. Grave was inactive. Undeterred I headed back into space and made for the Space Station, again sold a couple of bits and returned and lo and behold, I claimed my second glyph from the same grave!

Repeating this process did not yield a third but I shall persevere as it could perhaps be on a timer like a harvest-able crop.

So as reported previously:

1. Selling items doesn’t seem to influence anything
  2. Distance travelled from grave doesn’t seem to influence anything.

It can only be time, (I had to leave the game in sat in my ship while I made dinner)

I’ll stay on it and let you all know. I want to get this done before the next update drops as this is something I guess they will fix!

I now have 5 glyphs in total, who can I come visit?

3 Likes

Try leaving the system.
Warping about and later returning was how we eventually got all the glyphs for my missus’ game from a trading post based traveller. She even got no.16 doing this, which doesn’t always work.
Had to keep paying nanites but at least was able to get the glyphs.

2 Likes

I have done this as well and yes it does seem to be time related. Getting 2 glyphs per traveller is so nice. I am not sure it works 100% of the time but, every little bit helps. :wink:

1 Like

Ha ha! 16th glyph, number 2 normal mode game!

8 Likes

Got mine today right after completing Artemis quest. Refused. Staying in Euclid for now. 3 more Atlas stations to complete that, 3 more Anomolies and Ill have that Theta Warp. Man, all happening nearly within one week or so. Crazy. When I get my time off, ?FEB 2?, Ill ask you for the portal near a undiscovered area of the ETARC HUB to make my move there. Oh yea, after going back through the portal after Artemis, I just happened to end up with a shortcut to @MacForADay Spacing Guild. Am only 60 jumps from there. I noticed all jumps through portals during the quests place you somewhere right on (or very near) the Black Hole ring.

5 Likes

Nice, some members are still hanging out near that TSG hub we made right after 1.3 hit.

I still have my Survival mode base near that area.

1 Like

I have now managed to get my total to 9 glyphs, seven of which have been harvested from the same grave.

Previous assumptions on Time being a factor don’t seem to pan out, I’ve visited multiple systems via teleporter and returned sometimes up to an hour later, the buying trick works sometimes, it does just seem truly random.

Of interesting note, the traveller I obtained the grave from does reappear in the same Trade Post from time to time, this does not correlate with the times I can harvest the glyph though.

Now I have 9 glyphs, I’m desperate to visit another players base. I’m playing on PS4 - Normal and can visit tonight.

So who will be my unforgettable first?

4 Likes

I finally got all 16 glyphs last night!! :grin: :crazy_face:

I had been determined to find them “organically”, refusing to employ any of the exploits… But after months of hunting, I only had 7 glyphs to show for it, and this was really holding me back from joining the hub.

Well, I happened upon a traveler in a space station last night and decided to see how many glyphs I could extract. I chatted him up, paid 100 nanites to see where he was from, and flew down to one of the moons in the system to his grave.
I built a beacon to give me a waypoint, aqcuired the glyph, and flew back to the space station. Once there, I used the teleporter to go back to my base, gathered the crops that were ready for harvest, then jumped back to the space station.
Once I got back to the station with the traveler in it, I flew straight to the beacon I placed to hit up the grave BEFORE talking to the traveler again. And it worked! I extracted another glyph, flew back to the station, talked to the traveler again, paid another 100 nanites, and was sent back to the same grave for yet another glyph. (this was the third glyph I collected from this one grave).

I decided to run with it and went back to the space station, teleported back to my base, harvested a few more crops, teleported back to the station, flew straight to the grave, got another glyph, returned to the station, talked to the traveler, paid another 100 nanites, was sent back to the same grave, and collected yet another glyph. (taking me from 7 to 12 glyphs!!)
The process clearly worked, so I worked it for another 4 glyphs, and now I has them all!!

Watch out PS4 Euclid, here I come! :sunglasses:

6 Likes