No Man's Sky Mods

MBIN Compiler 3.87.0-pre2

This the Final version fully updated for 3.87 (8566757 on Steam) (aka Public) and partially functional for 3.87.1 (8591779 on Steam) (aka Experimental)
Final release for 3.87 update.

A new file is added to the 3 (as usual) previously failing ones : ‘PLAYERCHARACTER.ENTITY.MBIN’ shows as FAILED but the EXML for both the original MBIN and the re-compile one are identical (it look like another case of different MBIN internal structure producing the same EXML file) It is good to use. If you find otherwise, please report.

You can have a look at the test coverage to understand if a file is known to be passing or not (https://github.com/monkeyman192/MBINCompiler/releases/download/v3.87.0-pre2/report.json)

Note: This release (and all subsequent ones) requires .net 5 to run: Download .NET 5.0 Runtime

4 Likes

MBINCompiler has updated v3.87.0-pre3 :link:

3.87 update.

Corrected:

• TEXTURE GUID
  • Bad structure reference in GcClothPiece
  • Changed field name in TkPhysicsComponentData

A new file is added to the 3 (as usual) previously failing ones : ‘PLAYERCHARACTER.ENTITY.MBIN’ shows as FAILED and I have yet to discover the reason… [Looks like a case of different way NMS and MBINCompiler compile/decompile this(these?) one]

You can have a look at the test coverage to understand if a file is known to be passing or not (https://github.com/monkeyman192/MBINCompiler/releases/download/v3.87.0-pre3/report.json)

Note: This release (and all subsequent ones) requires .net 5 x64 Desktop to run: Download .NET 5.0 Runtime

2 Likes

Eucli-ea has updated to 3.3.6.1

Updated to accommodate NMS Build 8604170 from 22/04/2022
Improved various hologram visuals
Fixed all basic functionality
Fixed crashing related to certain objects
Improved stability with loading
Spend less, furnish more

1 Like

Exosolar’s Beyond Base Building for NMS 3.87

1 Like

NomNom has updated version 3.85.0.27-alpha.27 :link:

The Outlaws update! No squadron editing yet, but it will be added in the upcoming beta release I’m currently working on.

Notable changes in this pre-release:

• Updated mapping and database to game version 3.87.
  • Added the new Cargo inventory for ships.
  • Added the new Solar Sail ship type.

Full changelog here .

1 Like

MBINCompiler has updated v3.88.0-pre1 :link:

3.88 update (Steam BuildID 8604170 :link:)

You can have a look at the test coverage to understand if a file is known to be passing or not (https://github.com/monkeyman192/MBINCompiler/releases/download/v3.88.0-pre1/report.json)

Note: This release (and all subsequent ones) requires .net 5 x64 Desktop to run: Download .NET 5.0 Runtime

2 Likes

MBINCompiler has updated v3.88.0-pre2 :link:

3.88 update (Steam BuildID 8628165 :link:)

You can have a look at the test coverage to understand if a file is known to be passing or not (https://github.com/monkeyman192/MBINCompiler/releases/download/v3.88.0-pre2/report.json)

2 Likes

Note: Corrected both releases above for their respective Steam BuildID.

1 Like

Never been much of a mod user myself, and never made any, but my understanding has always been that mods must all be in a PAK file…Looking through the exe over the weekend I notice a section that seem to pull apart the name and decide if it is looking in a Binaries folder or MODS/Exported folder. I haven’t had much time to look further, but it certainly seems that this exported folder is used to load files not in PAK…this might be widely known to some, or maybe I am wrong…but I was just curious. Gonna look further when I have time…

Might actually be a built in Export Utility to extract Content to Mod Folder.

2 Likes

There are a bunch of weird lil hints in the files that HG has been working on a modding tool of some sort for a while, with references for Mod base parts, Mod metadata such as names and authors and modded missions, as well as the mods/exported folder. We’ll see something new related to this “tool” pop up every few updates, which really makes you wonder how they’re progressing along with it :thinking:

Also out of curiosity, could you share where you found the MODS/Exported read function? I didnt think to check IDA for that at all.

3 Likes

Not sure how best to share that info…but IDA pickups the string, search that and youll find the subroutines. I clearly creates the Exported Folder if not present, and checks things like codepage used, xml header etc…so it definately seems like an export function I was looking at…hope to have more time this weekend…

.rdata:0000000142851CD0 aBinariesS db ‘…/Binaries/%s’,0 ; DATA XREF: sub_1402C50E0+1A3↑o
.rdata:0000000142851CD0 ; sub_1402C5520+1A3↑o …
.rdata:0000000142851CDF align 20h
.rdata:0000000142851CE0 aBinaries db ‘…/Binaries’,0 ; DATA XREF: sub_1402C50E0+1B2↑o
.rdata:0000000142851CE0 ; sub_1402C5520+1B2↑o …
.rdata:0000000142851CEC align 10h
.rdata:0000000142851CF0 ; const char aModsExportedS
.rdata:0000000142851CF0 aModsExportedS db ‘MODS/Exported/%s’,0 ; DATA XREF: sub_1402C50E0:loc_1402C52CC↑o
.rdata:0000000142851CF0 ; sub_1402C5520:loc_1402C570C↑o …
.rdata:0000000142851D01 align 8
.rdata:0000000142851D08 aModsExported db ‘MODS/Exported’,0 ; DATA XREF: sub_1402C50E0+1FB↑o
.rdata:0000000142851D08 ; sub_1402C5520+1FB↑o …
.rdata:0000000142851D16 align 8
.rdata:0000000142851D18 aMxml db ‘.mXml’,0 ; DATA XREF: sub_1402C50E0+248↑o
.rdata:0000000142851D18 ; sub_1402C5520+248↑o …

4 Likes

Out of a lil curiosity, I tried putting a few Global files into the exported directory by changing a text file into a .MXML
It didn’t work but I just realized that the NguiUserSettings isn’t present as an MBIN in the file structure, but also doesn’t have the Tk in its name as it does in the files. Ill try the globals again without the GC next!

3 Likes

if it was only that easy lol

here is the branch in code I find interesting that relates to this…whether this is exporting (which I think it is) or importing and exporting as it goes down the line (maybe…hoping to look closer this weekend)

If I find anything of relevance I’ll post it in datamining so it doesn’t clutter this up.

4 Likes

NMS Collections Backup Restore and Sharing Tool :link:
Updated for 3.88

BETA VERSION FEATURES:

• Now imports Goatfungus’ save editors .pet, .wp0 and .sh0 files, i.e. the files you get when you export companions, multitools and ships from that tool!
  • NEW FEATURE! Get your portals list via the link in the places tab, and teleport to any of them!
  • NEW FEATURE! Teleport to your bases via the bases screen (not all bases will work, a message will come up if you can’t go there)
  • NEW FEATURE! Saves your ship location now along with your place, so you can see your ship when you use the places feature to move your player!
  • Can filter by galaxy for places and companions, on their selector screens, or by the search box on the Places tab (for places).
  • Can filter by galaxy in the bases screen too
  • Can sort by cargo inventory on the ships selector screen
  • Updated help sections
  • Adjusted selector screen item sizes for better fits on 1080p screens
  • Improved importing & backing up process to speed up and fix memory issue
  • Added option to get rid of selector screens for each data type, if yours are getting too big and unweildy

Main version latest patch:

• Fix for not being able to backup ships on second page
  • Pasting images on second ship tab page fixed
  • Can now save places/bases in subfolders and they will show in the main list
  • Searches in places and bases will look at these subfolder names too!
  • Cargo size now shows on info for starships
  • Other bug fixes
3 Likes

If I find anything of relevance I’ll post it in datamining so it doesn’t clutter this up.

Although it could indeed be considered data mining as well, just don’t feel hesitant continuing the discussion here, as it fits either topic in my opinion.

1 Like

I’m not sure what i did…but I got the Exported folder to be generated by NMS…and generate the NGUIUSERSETTINGS.MXML in the folder…

more specifically it made it : G:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\No Man’s Sky\GAMEDATA\MODS\EXPORTED\METADATA\UI

I think I have opened up a rats nest…

1 Like

I have generally got a good grasp now on some of how the exe loads all the structures, the basic code flow, and I can generally locate the various subs that make up each struct in IDA, I have narrowed down the branch of code that creates a filePath to the mbin/mxml, what i believe to be 2 of the sub arguments that states if imported/exported struct is mbin or mxml format , and which folder tolook in (exported or binaries)

and a section of code either imports or exports mxml…you would think that would be the easy part but nooooo lol pseudo code is a pain in the ass sometimes…

but clearly there is xml support for…atleast as far as I can tell…all structs… clearly this must have been used for testing, exporting/importing changes maybe for testing…

**There is little to no chance the people working on MBIN are not aware of all this…clearly exml is just the mxml in the exe code…so all this has been clearly worked out years ago.

2 Likes

NMS - Freighter Floor Planner

Made a little tool for something many of you will likely recognise!
For those who don’t, or prefer the old fashioned Gimp/Photoshop way:

For anyone else, go check it out here:

Full screen url: https://jsfiddle.net/DevilinPixy/d8s7k9jt/show

Let me know what you all think :wink:

9 Likes

Nice! Happy Cake Day!

4 Likes

I will never quite understand how people can write programs in javascript when they’re not being forced to… :crazy_face:

5 Likes