NMS Waypoint

I have my personal refiner in the top row of the tech slots so I can acess it without scrolling. I arranged my cargo the same way. Resources I use a lot are in the top section and all the junk I don’t use often in the bottom section. So far, it works well
Is the Fleet Command station supposed to look like this or is something missing? Has anyone sent a fleet out?
20221008203033_1

5 Likes

You’re missing a couple of techs (just kidding).

I sent one mission (two star rating) out and it returned with a few things.

5 Likes

I am missing quite a lot of story…I wonder does this include story we do not yet have access to?
20221009181907_1
and I have new base building parts in the list but I have not actually learned the blueprints yet.

3 Likes

It looks more holographic now. It still worked for me.

4 Likes

The revamped inventory may encourage players to think ahead. For example, we could package and move to Cargo the upgrades for heat and toxin if we are headed to a frozen world. We’d just swap out tech needed as we pulse. It requires only a bit of thinking and would be pretty fast.

That’s one reason I don’t think the 6 total tech upgrades is coming back.

I’m general, the revamps seem to me to be redirecting players to what Hello Games originally had in mind for game processes.

5 Likes

Been busy moving items around. This (overlaid text) showed up just recently. It’s gotten a little bit better and will (hopefully) go away on a reload.

6 Likes

This could do with some work also.

Probably to save space, items are given short labels.

In the Catalogue the full name is shown instead.

Labels need to unique and present. Trying to match items up between the Inventories and the Catalogue is a pain.

6 Likes

I noticed that some of the numbers are hard to read too – due to a lighter background. (A color contrast accessibility issue for some people.)

6 Likes

Yeah, I really don’t understand the decision. I honestly felt NMS had already expanded most max inventory sizes way too much! I guess somewhat larger storage containers makes some sense to me. Mine had gotten a bit tight, especially in Survival where multiple slots were needed to store larger amounts of useful materials. Although double the size seems kinda excessive there too.

I get the idea that swapping out tech for the current circumstance may now be an additional strategy, but I think that makes an argument against expanding the slots so much. In that case max tech slots could remain relatively small, and we’d only really need one expanded repository to keep the alt spare tech, not dozens.

I dunno, I just find it a puzzling choice.

4 Likes

As far as I can tell from survival mode, while the number of slots has increased, the capacity of slots has gone down in higher difficulties. Prior we had standard slots with a capacity for normal stuff of 250, 500 in the cargo inventory, now it’s just 300. High-value items had a capacity of 5/10 per slot before, now it’s just three.

I think what they effectively aimed to do was acknowledge that we have to carry a lot of different stuff around, but actually reduced the invenotry capacity in terms of total items carried in higher difficulty.

One thing I don’t understand… Why oh why did they not rebalance the milestones? Many milestones are still maxed out within the first 2 or 3 hours of the game… Especially the economic milestones still seem to be the same as they were at launch, where a million was actually a respectable sum, not chump change…

6 Likes

2nd Impressions (& fixing my Legacy Save)

Decided to power up my coveted Legacy Save & got going sorting out the ‘mess’.
Ships were sorted in minutes due to a collection of unused Augmentation Modules & a healthy bank balance. Oddly enough while picking out my best ones I found I was able to cram about 5 Pulse Drive modules in my older S class ships without a problem…not sure whether that’s a fault or what so we’ll see what happens with that…

1st Vault (Storage Container) holds “Elements”. Basically, if it is pictured as an molecule, it goes here. Similar attitude to the rest of my vaults, with each allocated a purpose for what it contains taking advantage of the new auto assigning stacking.

I’m working on the idea that the extra suit inventory is to allow you to strip a fully equipped ship or multitool of modules with needing to hunt for places to put everything.
I’ve done the same as @sheralmyst, keeping commonly used materials at the top & dumping lesser used & temporary stuff in the lower section.
I’m not bothering to open up the entire lot as I don’t really have a use for it at this stage & can easily access goodies in my Command Ship Storage if I need something unusual.
I think I have about 80 slots open.

I’ve slid my difficulty settings up to challenging (excluding resource & purchases which were left standard & the scanner which I adjusted to very fast).
The 1st pack of Sentinels I annoyed gave me a fair beating & I deciding I was outnumbered so I slunk away using my cloaking shield. Took some minor tech damage for my efforts. Seems fair.
Pirates were good fun & despite me having a well equipped S class fighter, fully fitted with the better weapons, I still needed to refresh my shields a few times. Not sure if my pair of wingmen were particularly useful.
I also discovered I need to be mindful of asteroids as they will bust you up if you carelessly bang into them.

I also tried out the new Rocket which was quite amusing. Mine landed on a hillside & promptly fell over. It took off ok.
Pretty spectacular & it’s instant cash but I’m not sure I’ll be inclined to repeatedly unpack tech to use it.

To me, it feels like the suit tech module’s stats have been improved as part of this update so the reduced number doesn’t seem to really affect my playstyle. So far I’m still enjoying myself.

Might try a fresh Normal Mode save start-up in my next session, just to see what all the noobs are experiencing. Its been a while since I started from scratch.

6 Likes

My favorite changes are the rename file ability and the adjustable settings of the custom game play. I have no issues with tech slots now that I have 60 open. My only issue is that I have still found no way to expand tech slots on my Freighter. That forced me to remove all the upgrades we received for Freighters with the last Freighter update.
And I guess those new base parts are actually old base parts…

4 Likes

Auto save saved me last night. I was so tired, I quit without jumping out of my ship. When I went back in, I was still standing in my freighter in the mess hall where I had been cooking… :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Ditto … And I haven’t even been able to play yet. :joy:

4 Likes

Yeah, the increased autosaving is sometimes a very helpful change. It’s taking some getting used to though, I think there’s pros and cons. What I straight up don’t like is how ship-exit is now counted as a manual save… doesn’t strike me as correct to force a manual save on something you have to do.

4 Likes

The main time I’ll miss the ship exit autosave will be those occasions where I used it as a quick waypoint to load from should something go messy such as when building or buying modules of unknown goodness.
Given most of my crashes were during times when I’d been running about for ages with no saves at all, I’m thinking this new autosave may be the saviour for tons of lost gathered goodies & lost time.

5 Likes

still auto saves when jump out of ship. not sure how often the game saves…if it is a fixed interval or triggered by something.

5 Likes

I haven’t noticed when it saves but it did save while I was in mid flight. I need to be careful and not leave while it is reloading because it restarted me flying in the ship and not safely on the ground. I didn’t lose any time that I could notice which makes me wonder if it was the autosave that crashed me. ??

5 Likes

I seem to crash if cloud save is on. This has been an issue for a while.

3 Likes

The wall, curved wall and large wall. Arent those the old legacy parts from the Atlas Rises era that the Next update nerfed?

8 Likes