3xperimental (Steam)

Topic for posting and discussing Steam 3xperimental updates or patches for NMS Waypoint.

The previous topics can be found here:

3 Likes

Experimental Branch 24/08

• Fixed a crash related to networking.
  • Fixed a crash related to the Automated Feeder.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when joining a multiplayer game.
5 Likes

@temp : I moved your reply here.

4 Likes

Another new Steam experimental update:

Experimental Branch 24/08 :link:

• Fixed a crash related to the Automated Feeder.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when joining a multiplayer game.
  • Fixed an issue with the Personal Refiner.
  • Fixed a crash related to buildings.
  • Fixed an issue with Twitch Rewards.
5 Likes

Ughhh…game keeps crashing on startup

1 Like

Experimental Branch 25/08 :link:

• Fixed an issue that blocked most Autophage presets from appearing in the Appearance Modifier UI.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the Autophage heads earned during the Singularity expedition to incorrectly appear as locked in the Appearance Modifier UI.
  • Fixed an issue that could prevent the Autophage from navigating correctly around their camps.
  • Fixed a text issue with some hover tips in the Appearance Modifier UI.
  • Fixed an issue that caused some Autophage-related entries in the Catalogue to appear too early.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the custom staff assembly UI to be inaccessible at Harmonic Camps.

• Improved the visuals when previewing custom-assembled staffs.
  • Fixed a number of visual issues with some custom-assembled staffs.
  • The preview image show when assembling a custom staff can now be rotated.
  • Fixed a number of visual issues with holding Multi-Tools.
  • Fixed a number of animation issues with the Voltaic Staff.
  • Fixed an issue with the position of the player torch when using a staff.
  • Fixed a number of networking issues when syncing elements of the Dreadnought battle in multiplayer.

• Salvaged freighter technology upgrades earned by destroying the pirate Dreadnought are now always S-Class.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented the anti-freighter torpedo from playing the correct effect when it impacted on shield rather than the hull.
  • Fixed an issue that caused some player freighters to have changed appearance.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the Sentinel Interceptor generated at each crash site to have changed appearance.
  • Fixed an issue that allowed players to destroy their own freighter.
  • Pirate frigates now have a teleporter aboard, allowing quick return to your freighter after boarding.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause errors in mission text at the moment torpedoes are launched at the civilian fleet in multiplayer Dreadnought battles.
  • During the first phase of the battle against a pirate capital ship, the Dreadnought will now more aggressively target smaller ships in the civilian fleet.
  • The destruction effects for the pirate Dreadnought have been improved.

• Fixed an issue that could prevent some camera shake effects from working correctly.
  • Fixed a number of issues that prevented Twitch drops from being successfully redeemed.
  • Fixed an issue that made it difficult to read the Analysis Visor data when using a staff in VR.

• Fixed an issue that could trap players in a loop in the UI where pressing back would cycle between the same three pages.
  • Fixed a hang that could occur when players were targeted by security systems on derelict freighters.

• Fixed a rare issue that could allow players to have their last ship weapon destroyed during combat.
  • Fixed a crash related to the mission system.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when reloading the game shortly after the initial load.
6 Likes

Does this mean we’ll no longer fire them like a rifle? :smiley:

5 Likes

Experimental Branch 26/08 :link:

• Fixed an issue that incorrectly stopped the Autophage from awarding Void Motes if players had unlocked every piece of Autophage armour.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause some players to lose the marker for the Portal during The Purge mission.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented access to the quick menu in the ship if swap build/quick menu was enabled.
  • Fixed a number of audio issues.
  • Fixed a crash related to frigates in multiplayer.
  • Fixed a UI crash.
7 Likes

Hope this was the one I was having a couple times.

2 Likes

Experimental Branch 28/08 :link:

• Fixed a hang on Xbox consoles.
  • Fixed a crash on PS5.
6 Likes
5 Likes

Experimental Branch 29/08 :link:

• Fixed a crash on PC.
5 Likes

Experimental Branch 29/08 :link:

• Fixed a crash when salvaging certain Multitools.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented the Dream Arial from functioning correctly.
  • Removed a pink cube attached to some dropship variants.
  • Fixed a VR camera issue with Autophage customisations.
  • Fixed an issue which could result in multitools changing colour.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the Sentinel Interceptor generated at each crash site to have changed appearance.
7 Likes

Experimental Branch 02/09 :link:

• Fixed some minor collision issues on the pirate freighter.
  • Fixed an issue causing some low priority missions to appear on the galaxy map.
  • Fixed an issue causing pirate titles to not unlock.
  • Added new pirate freighter warp effects.
  • Salvaging Atlas Multitools now awards Void Motes.
  • Fixed a rare hang that could occur when loading a save on Xbox.
  • Fixed some untranslated pirate name in empty systems.
7 Likes

Experimental Branch 04/09 :link:

• Sentinel capital ships are now equipped with shield generators that must be destroyed before their hull can be damaged.
  • Improved the VFX for Sentinel capital ship weapons.
  • Fixed a number of multiplayer syncing issues with Sentinel capital ships.
  • Fixed a crash related to loading player bases.
  • Fixed a number of crashes related to memory management.
8 Likes

Experimental Branch 05/09 :link:

• Fixed an issue that could cause the players to do damage to themselves when using the Multitool.
  • Fixed a hang on Xbox consoles.
  • Fixed a PS5 crash.
6 Likes

Happened to me quite regularly during expedition, usually after an hour or so it would start happening. A restart quickly fixes it.

First time I thought I was being griefed by a player because new save file/forgot to change PVP settings. Second time I thought, oh crap this valleys got a sniper on the other end of it.

I swear by the third time I figured it out… I wasn’t slowly crawling across the floor out of paranoia. Those are false rumors.

8 Likes

Some of these… :rofl:

8 Likes

Welcome to No Man’s Sky version 4.45, the Ex Lax update…

6 Likes

I hope they did not crank the numbers too high, though it would not hurt to speed the process up a tad

5 Likes