3xperimental

Yes. There is still an experimental branch. It just got a 35mb patch.

3 Likes

Havent started a game yet, just got a 42mb file for NMS on Steam. If this is a patch, they are on top of it!!

2 Likes

Experimental patch

https://steamdb.info/app/275850/depots/

2 Likes

Thanks! I needed those notes. :smiley:

Notes off of Steam:

Experimental Branch - BEYOND - 14/08

Experimental Branch 14/08

Hello everyone,

First of all, thanks so much to everyone who has already spent time playing BEYOND and letting us know about any issues you’ve experienced. It’s overwhelming to watch thousands of players begin or continue their journey across the universe.

Steam users are able to opt-in to the Experimental Branch, where we have pushed a rapid patch to fix a number of crashes and other problems seen in the first hours since release. We’ll be rolling out these fixes to other platforms as soon as possible.

To play in Experimental, right-click on No Man’s Sky from the Steam library page and select “Properties”. Among the available tabs will be the “BETAS” tab. Enter “3xperimental” in the textbox and press “CHECK CODE”, then select it from the dropdown menu.

The patch notes are as follows:

• Fixed a rendering related crash.

• Fixed an out of memory crash.

• Fixed an issue that could cause a crash when manipulating inventory in close proximity to a high number of players.

• Fixed a crash affecting VR with supersampling enabled.

• Fixed a situation where network connectivity issues could prevent players from speaking to NPCs aboard the Space Anomaly.

• Fixed an issue where storage containers could not be accessed.

• Fixed a crash affecting unsupported VR hardware.

As always, thank you to all players who use Experimental and take the time to report any issues you encounter.

Please note there is the possibility that experimental builds may introduce new issues that haven’t been caught in test. We’d like to recommend that all players back up their save files, by making a local copy of the st_[userid] folder found here: %appdata%\HelloGames\NMS\

Note that we don’t anticipate any issues here. However, performing your own backups could mean the difference between resuming play immediately, or waiting for the next patch.

If you decide to opt out of experimental and return to the main branch, we strongly recommend resuming from a backed-up save from the main branch, rather than taking an experimental branch save back to main, which may cause unexpected behaviour.

Feedback and reports of new bugs/issues being found on Experimental are welcome, so please reply to this thread or submit a ticket to https://hellogames.zendesk.com/ with the phrase “Steam Experimental” in the ticket title. If you are running any mods for the game, please list them along with your bug report.

2 Likes
4 Likes

Public branch on Steam (PC) has been updated.

Experimental and Public branches are back to identical for the moment.

3 Likes

Blockquote

Sean Murray Sean Murray @NoMansSky
3m
Evening! A new build has been sent to experimental branch on PC with fixes for current most common issues. This will go live to everyone on PC soon. Hot fix patches are in progress for PS4 and XBox (MS/Sony cert means this is a tiny bit slower)

4 Likes

Hello everyone,

Thank you again to everyone playing Beyond, especially those taking the time to report any issues they encounter via Zendesk or console crash reporting.

We are listening closely to your feedback, and have identified and resolved a number of stability issues. Fixes for these were released on Steam experimental earlier today, and this patch, 2.06, is now live on PC. We’ll be rolling out these fixes to other platforms as soon as possible.

Bug fixes

• Fix for instance rendering crash.
  • Added improved warnings for GPU issues.
  • Added improved warnings for Vulkan driver support.
  • Fix for incorrect fullscreen or max size on 4k/scaled displays.
  • Fix for uninitialised render buffer returned from API.
  • Fix for crash when incorrect number of freighters spawn.
  • Fix for crash when disconnecting from Multiplayer in UI.
  • Fix for crash on controller remapping screen.

We will continue to release patches as issues are identified and resolved. If you experience any issues, let us know by submitting a bug report.

Thank you,
Hello Games

68MB
and I just fell through the roof of my base…

5 Likes

• Reduce texture quality if it is causing an out of memory error.
  • Don’t let the VR player punch in places they aren’t allow to use weapons.
  • Revert to the non-device-local heap in low memory situations.
  • Removed misleading version number from main menu.
2 Likes

B and C? Fine tuning things aren’t they?

Hello everyone,

Thank you again to everyone playing Beyond, especially those taking the time to report any issues they encounter via Zendesk or console crash reporting.

We are listening closely to your feedback, and have identified and resolved a number of stability issues. Fixes for these were released on Steam experimental earlier today, and this patch, 2.06b, is now live on PC. We’ll be rolling out these fixes to other platforms as soon as possible.

Bug fixes

• Improved localisation.
  • Fixes for more rare crashes in Nexus.
  • Fixes for performance issues within the Nexus and Trading Posts.
  • Fixes buffer in flight memory issues during loading.
  • Reduced maximum base node count to allow very large bases to load better.
  • Reduce render memory usage to improve stability in high watermark situations.
  • Fix crash for older chipsets without SSE support.
  • Fix cockpit screens and render targets from not rendering after precise Alt-Tab issue.
  • Increase safety around alt-tab and windowing.
  • Fix for crash during some factory interactions.
  • Improve stability around freighters in multiplayer.

We will continue to release patches as issues are identified and resolved. If you experience any issues, let us know by submitting a bug report.

Thank you,
Hello Games

3 Likes

• Fix to prevent issues with base ownership.
  • Improve messaging for error messaging at start-up.
  • Fix for freighter crash related to corrupt ship slot.
  • Fix for crash when game is shutting down on certain GFX cards.
  • Fix for crash failing to initialising graphics card on specific mix of card and driver.
  • Deal with game initialising while minimized.
2 Likes

Ummm, I just patched it now my game won’t start…checking…
Egads!!! My resolution has been completely altered…help!!!

Anisotropic filtering is broken. Stuck at 1. This is horrific!
Reported…:nauseated_face:…please fix HG…quick! :sweat_smile:
Here, share my pain…so much shiny ****

EDIT: I can stop hyperventilating now.
Reset the graphics to default.
Restarted
Tweaked the graphics
Restarted
All seems to be back to normal.
OMG I wish I captured what it looked like right after the download, lol.
Something still seems a little off though. I have had all set to Ultra except Tess which is at Enhanced. Been running beautifully.

5 Likes

From Steam:

Update to Experimental Branch 18/08

• Fixed a networking issue that could cause bad data to be synced between ambient players.
  • Fixed a compatibility issue with a specific revision of nVidia drivers.
3 Likes

@temp: Hope you don’t mind me having included a link to the 3xperimental topic on Steam :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Thanks. Too lazy to do it myself…

1 Like
2 Likes

No Man’s Sky on steam is in 8th today

2 Likes

Do they even have weekends at HG? Who even expected an update on a late Sunday evening? Not just pushing a build to PC default, but having worked on a new 3xperimental update even.

6 Likes
1 Like