NMS Waypoint

9 Likes

So much nicer when it only takes around 16 minutes to download instead of two hours or more.

6 Likes

2 freighters?

storage containers

Any idea how and where to install the new Trade Rocket? Apparently it is broken for me. I have all the parts and have it pinned but there is no way to install it.
I am not a fan of the new cargo layout. I do not like having to scroll to see all my inventory.

10 Likes

Did it keep counting milestones all this time, even though they were above the displayable maximum, and now it displays your actual milestones? Or do all longtime players start at 10 from today on?

6 Likes

I was already at 10 on all Milestones but it is also keeping a running count

Sorry I have to snap pics with my phone. Have not been able to window out of NMS in ages

8 Likes

Oooh gotta check that (after work…) and post a screenshot too :smiley:

Are you not on Steam, how do you usually take screenshots? Can’t we find you a shortcut that works in your case?

4 Likes

Yes I am on Steam. It is only NMS that will no longer window out. Turned of windows game mode and now my game no longer crashes every 10 minutes…
Relaxed Mode

6 Likes

On Desktop, Microsoft Windows, Steam, I click the Windows :window: key on my keyboard. This causes my Start menu to open, which causes my game to minimize to taskbar, allowing me “to window out of NMS,” do whatever I have to do (like share a post feturing a screenshot on the forum), and then easily return.

3 Likes

Yes. I used to do that too. But for some reason it no longer works for NMS…
I have been awake since 1 am so I am going to bed now. Lots to take in with the new interface and lots of upgrades on my ship and suit no longer fit anywhere since they can no longer be installed in cargo and must go in a tech slot? Maybe someone who is more awake can look into that.
Have fun!

6 Likes

Steam, PS4, Steam Deck all have the update. Switch does not.

5 Likes

I don’t think there would be a problem with scrolling if we didn’t have to scroll through such a large inventory in such a small box. So, I think technology and cargo need minimize and expand buttons.

Here’s how…

Tech expands

• Click ‘TECHNOLOGY’ = tech expands and cargo minimizes.

• Click again = tech shrinks, so that tech and cargo share screen.

Cargo expands

• Click ‘CARGO’ = cargo expands and tech minimizes.

• Click again = cargo shrinks, so that tech and cargo share screen.

Advantage of tech and cargo shared together onscreen, is ability to easily install and recharge tech through menu. Advantage of tech or cargo expanded, is ability to easily navigate either such in menu.

Default Layout

Once closing menu and returning to menu…

1. menu could return to tech and cargo shared together onscreen. Or…

2. menu could return to last menu layout configurations, such as whether tech or cargo were last minimized or expanded, or otherwise shared together onscreen.

So, I’m tore between whether option 1 or 2 is better, but feel like perhaps option 2 is most flexible.

4 Likes
4 Likes

From some rather upset twitterposts, I get the impression that tech now needs to be installed in tech slots.

9 Likes

Correct, but the main gripe players have with this, is the overload limit not having changed accordingly to match a single inventory type. So where we used to have 3 upgrade modules per inventory type for a total of 6, it is now forced to 3

10 Likes

Ah… I hadn’t even realised you could have 3 per inventory. I just knew you could have 3, never even tried installing a fourth one :rofl:

I had a peek at the custom difficulty options in a youtube video. They seem pretty fine, except there’s two things I’d have liked: One a fast-travel cost, and the other one that the inventory size was actually adjustable.

5 Likes
8 Likes

My slots are a complete mess. I have tons of upgrades and I can’t tell which is which and tech slots are very, very limited… :grimacing:

6 Likes

Poor Sean, can’t keep his own updates straight… No wonder when you’ve released this many! :rofl:

6 Likes

I love the new inventory, but would like to still have 2 tabs for tech and inventory. Otherwise love it.

6 Likes
6 Likes