NMS Orbital 💫

14 Likes

PS5

10 Likes

PC

Summary

11 Likes

Where’d you get all that from? The latest on the website still shows Omega… And your video seems to point to the light no fire announcement trailer. Some kerfuffle going on, no doubt.

It does sound like this thing will be straight up my ally, though.

7 Likes

Hey! Just posting SM…don’t blame me. :joy:
Update has dropped on PS5 and PC
I am also now crying over all the ships I have scrapped.
Freighter Mission engagement :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

As posted on FB

Posted on LinkedIn

10 Likes

WoW

:exploding_head:

Now that IS an update

…investigates selling kidnney to get a machine/box to play NMS again…

:man_facepalming:

9 Likes

Ships hunted by traditional means carry a seal of authentication and a higher trade price.

This was a nice move, my worry with custom ship introduction was always how it could entirely kill off the ship hunting meta the community rallied around in the early days.

On a bus home, have only seen screens so massive speculation here.

From the screens shown and trailers, it looks like custom ships don’t include sentinel parts (and living ships obviously) which makes sense lore wise. I’m sure people are already complaining about this but I think it’s perfectly fine if true :slight_smile:

SPACE STATION BASE PARTS <3<3<3

New base parts in a big update, be still my heart.

So has anyone visited an abandoned space station yet?

I checked the patch notes real quick to see if I could spot anything about repurposing the now old station design or changes to abandoned systems but didn’t notice anything.

Edit: I’ve heard of memory leaks but lots of references to fixing memory tramples in the patch notes.

Is this new terminology? Never heard it used before but I can guess what it means (too many requests to write to memory at once?)

7 Likes

Now to have to wait 5.5 hours till I am off work to try it out :wink:

6 Likes

I assume it’s equivalent to memory stomping, which is when you accidentally write data into memory it shouldn’t be in. A not uncommon occurrence in C++ I’m afraid.

8 Likes

Correct. Nor does it include exotic ships. And the modifier where you build these new ships is missing one of the 4 basic types that are allowed. I am sure it is a bug and will be fixed because all 4 are shown in the trailer…I think…have barely had time to break all this down.
Tons of new deco objects in the Anomaly. One is even a working TV?..
Upon entering the Anomaly, I found myself in a MP session to defeat pirates. Darn game threw us into a system with a Freighter under attack and with the original pirates for the mission on our tails. The laser fire was so thick, we ended up having the Sentinels on us as well. It was a nightmare…but we survived.

8 Likes

Now if only we could salvage ship parts from all those newly exploded pirate ships you just made…

Decided to boot up my original console playthrough, see what the space station in my legacy base system looks like.

Merchants Guild in this station take multi tool upgrades as donations for guild standing. I dunno how that works out, surely by the time you don’t need multi tool upgrade slots anymore you’ve already gotten full standing. It gave two standing points. For a multi tool upgrade slot :joy:

Though in the redeem tab they gave me free frigate modules, happy days :slight_smile:

Korvax Station btw, interiors very nice but in HDR on ps5 very hard to make out the white user interface on the store screens when all the shelving is also white… And the korvax is white. Colgate could use this in their next ad campaign.

Did it always show a hologram of our character or has it been like this for a while now? Either way my guys not happy having his bits all see through and on public display :joy:

Found this nice gek station with a purple interior. Are we gonna need a specific topic for space station screenshots now? :slight_smile:

10 Likes

New NMS post on FB

6 Likes

They remain the same

6 Likes

For me, this one:

• The Starborn Runner can now truly hover when in planetary flight.
10 Likes

7 Likes

I tried playing around with the descriptor data file there and it looks like HG disabled the Shuttles on purpose, since the actual salvaged part products aren’t in game yet. When I re enabled the shuttle page in the fabricator, everything popped up right, but all the inputs to the slots were broken since the game didn’t know what’s supposed to go in there.

7 Likes

Now I know what to do over Easter, I hope my PC is still up for all these updates. I want to see this in VR…

Actually, now is a perfect time to start a new save, also to see how the main story was updated… :slightly_smiling_face:

PS: scratch that, no time for gaming over Easter

5 Likes

I have such a good discount, everything costs negative nanites.

Unfortunately I don’t have any negative nanites. Just regular. So I can’t buy anything :laughing:

9 Likes

Somehow it allowed me to buy a ship core, and I went from 100k nanites to 4 billion nanites. :rofl:

8 Likes