NMS modding (Share your No Man's Sky mod)

Having tested the waters on the subject for some time, it’s unlikely (V/ARE developer kits pending) this could get to be a full-fledged forum category… But least a new thread where this type of No Man’s Sky-related creation can be showcased seemed to be missing.
Hear ye! Hear ye! If you need a place to share your mod, or one you specially like and feel it has to be shared for the enjoyment of other Scientist Citizens or interlopers in general; this be it!

As expected, all feedback and constructive criticism is encouraged! So don’t limit your posting to newly published modifications, although I would love to see a flow of new stuff made by you at the rhythm of a usual forum thread!

5 Likes

I’ll open it with my first incursion into post-Atlas Rises modding… It so happens that I deal in textures, as something achievable within my knowledge without having to bother “Einstein with my tax returns”, sort to speak… And not fully, since I’m still failing at updating my old mods to the new texture/files system. But this new thing works!!

Makes the multitools all gigery-biomechd’ while keeping the whole procedural shape and colouring intact…

9 Likes

I guess people that create mods, will definitly drop some new skins…
By the way, the first one is really nice!
For ps4 players we just have to stick to the vanilla version, being impossible to add mods… but at the end, I’m sure we will definitly get some new Bio multitools skins aswell!

2 Likes

My hat is off to the Modding Community for all the time and hard work they put into adding something wonderful to an already wonderful game. I do not yet have a completed mod. I am still learning the ins and outs of modding NMS.

The following screen shots showcase some of Kremit_de_Frog’s modding talent.

Pandora Mod - This is an unreleased mod but it really showcases just how much beauty and content modding brings to the game.

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

This is the same planet during the day. It also shows the purple tornado from Kremit_de_Frog’s Crash Site Finder mod.

6 Likes

Here are some screen shots of Kremit_de_Frog’s Grow Moar Mod. Sadly, I will be missing this mod the most.

5 Likes

I’m saying goodbye to Atlas Rises, moving all the mods to a backup folder… And to better face the unknown, after a clean-save, given myself all I could need with some save-game editing.
I can’t wait to see what Next modding brings us, though! So it’s bitter-sweet… I can think of many mods worth porting to Next, tons of them!

1 Like

When No Man’s Sky started up, I soon learned to poke around in the save file and make changes. The current tool that I use is command line oriented and keeps me out of the save file - which is probably best. I hope that the author of NMSSAVETOOL will continue to update it.

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: No Vanilla Sky! Modding in the Next era: Showcase / Discussion

@Virakotxa: Considering you created this topic, would you be so kind to create a new one for Modding with NEXT? I can then archive this topic as it will be out-dated for this version of NMS. I can then merge your last reply into the new topic. I just prefer the community to create new topics instead of doing so myself, unless you don’t mind.

1 Like

@Virakotxa: I thank you :heart: I have merged your last reply and included a link to the Biotools mod you mentioned. Also changed the Category to be No Man’s Sky instead of General. For now there is no Knowledge sub-category there, which was actually planned, but as soon as that gets sorted, we can easily adjust.

May your topic prosper with NEXT!

2 Likes

This topic has now been archived. A new topic has been created for continued discussion of Mods for No Man’s Sky in the NEXT era!

Please continue to discuss or post any new mods/showcases compatible with NEXT in the below topic:

1 Like