NMS: BEYOND pre-release August 14

10 Likes

Hmm not too much info on why they figure it is this date. What do you all think? No Man’s Sky expected to receive major update in July

no mention of VR in that post?

2 Likes

Not exactly pulitzer material, that article… :smile:
July is kind of the default expectation because NEXT launched in july, I guess. Might also get august. Pretty sure it won’t be june. Do we have a pool?

3 Likes

Would be a great time for Sean to troll us and for soon/joon to be finally made an actuality :smirk:

4 Likes

Haha, I cannot disagree. Very true, I feel like June release is becoming less probable I would be surprised to even see it late June. Still very excited, been racking up some play time to get ready and planting base computers while I surf some event horizons.

2 Likes

Hi, I was wondering if the new update BEYOND with VR could be played as single player in the Creative Mode, or is it all meant to be Online Only, I couldn’t find anything that would tell me other wise, if it is only online then I wont be updating it, no point since I don’t play online games.

4 Likes

Hi! Moved you to the BEYOND discussion.
As far as we know, VR works in every mode.
As for online, you can already play NMS in offline mode. I imagine that option will remain. The only thing is that you can’t upload discoveries or your bases.
It seems the online aspect of NMS will expand with BEYOND but, I seriously doubt it will be required that you play with other players. Even when online now, I seldomly run into another player. The universe is big. :grinning: What we do not yet know is if the new multiplayer mode will be a truly separate mode.

4 Likes

Samson PI, Sheralmyst is right.
I’m a loner, and personally soloing is why I chose to buy No Man’s Sky day 1 one of its release. When I heard that it was going multiplayer I sincerely flipped out and was overthought everything.
In 1500 hours I’ve played since NEXT, I have seen 1 other person. And that person is a from this forum who helped me with some things.
I don’t believe any of that will change with the Beyond update. You will still have the time of your life in complete escapism as I do playing it now :smiley:

Now, thinking out loud, as long as I don’t puke with VR. Getting my PSVR way early so I can get used to it lol.

Happy Travels!

6 Likes

Hi, Shearlmyst & Nightazure, I think you both have miss understood me in what I what saying, I don’t play on the Internet, I play all my games Offline, everything is Offline. The only time my Internet is turned on is when I have to do an Update and that is it. I do not Play any Game on the Internet. I do understand what all of you are saying that you wont bump into anyone while you are playing NMS and that is okay, but I’m one of the few who would rather stay Offline when playing my games. So on that note if HG decides to make NMS always Online like Bethesda did with Fallout 76, then updating to BEYOND wont be happening.

4 Likes

I doubt it will happen. I can’t imagine why it would have to be online.
I also play most games offline due to poor internet. I do leave NMS connected though because it uses very little data. I like to upload my discoveries and my bases.
I don’t care for online only games either. MMO’s are not my thing. I can’t imagine HG doing that to NMS. I think most people are hoping the new multiplayer is a seperate mode but, even if it is not, playing offline should still be an option and VR should still work regardless.

4 Likes

I do hope that NMS remains playable offline…I think it will.
I played for a long time offline until base sharing & portal travel became popular.: Then I turned on my PS4 connection sometimes so I could access and share bases & I even indulged in a bit of multiplayer.
More recently I’ve returned to mostly offline play.
Given one of the foundations of the game was for it to be a solo exploration experience, I think it will always retain that feature as it was a major draw card for many day-oners.
I’m guessing the multiplayer & online ellements will still remain completely optional and hopefully will have similar tweeking options as it currently does. Fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

Many don’t care about multiplayer.
They want to play solo.
HG I feel. understands and knows that is an issue of some players.
Tis like Bethesda did with fallout 76, thinking everyone will come play as in everyone
bought Fallout 4. That did not happen. So game play etc game was not ready ie… BS
Bethesda laid a rotten egg and they keep trying to shove it down our throats.
I got tired of Fallout 4 when the Nuke Cola dlc came out.
Yes you can do be the destroyer of everything you worked for .

I see Hello Games have the done same thing with No Man’s Sky.
The rewrites caused me to stop playing for a while.
When I post way back on how I felt about the Next up, most of the replies were
like : you will get use to it.
Not this is fantastic, super update, great features.
It showed me how many were not happy with HG.
If HG does it again, I don’t know if I will continue with the game.
If they do such stupidity because we are the developers etc I do hope they will release 1.3
as a separate game.

statistically when you have millions of player and 1 voices their opinion, that one equals something like 1240 other players, when you get 10 to voice the same opinion then you should figure out what is going on, there seems to be alot about how HG has removed the FUN of the game, and as expected no reply or post or anything resembling normal interaction between humans is forth coming from Hello Games.

3 Likes

They would be violating GoGs terms and conditions if they did that, so there’s no reason to assume they would.

5 Likes

My view is that the Online play feature will be to cater for the “mmo” market to grow new players who want multiplayer chaos, and they will leave the “classic” options in tact for selecting playing with friends or solo play because that market is mature and large player base confirmed.

I also wonder if the online version of NMS will be run on Google Stadia.

3 Likes

Why would you wonder that? Stadia is for streaming games, which certainly won’t be the case here.

4 Likes

I need No Man’s Sky Fresh Neeeeews!!!

Common HG, it’s June alreadaaaayy

Hit me!!!

8 Likes

Looks like Sean dropped off of the face of the earth just before E3 kicked up, so maybe we’re getting close to an announcement. Every mention of a release date verbally was very iffy-questiony sounding, as if they weren’t even sure if it’d even be ready by then. At this point, my money is on mid-August or sometime in September.

3 Likes

Well here is a current ‘news worthy’ rumour for you, just surfacing on the internet and we all love rumours right? Apparently some eagle-eyed web surfer has spotted No Man’s Sky listed on a Swedish gaming site, as a Nintendo Switch tradeable item during the E3 Trade Event.

No Man’s Sky is not, it seems, available for the Nintendo Switch as there is no mention of it on the Nintendo store site. So is this an unfortunate hasty publishing error, adding to early rumours that with the Beyond update, No Man’s Sky is to become a truly cross-platform title?

3 Likes

Cross-plateform would be great!

It crossed my mind already! After pc, Ps4 and XBox… Switch portage? :thinking: Hmm would be really surprising to see HG releasing a Switch version.

Cross-plateform sounds more logic, after knowing there will be online changes! We’ll see.

Can we still dream about hg adding some more Lore?

6 Likes