NMS: BEYOND pre-release August 14

13 Likes
10 Likes
5 Likes

So, what are your opinions? Frankly I couldn’t care less about multiplayer, but I know that isn’t everyone’s opinion. I’m more excited to see what the other 2 updates bring

6 Likes

Well, it’s only one part of 3 new features. (EDIT: I meant big parts, not features)
So we’ll have to wait when the give more info

3 Likes

Where is the fun in that though?

3 Likes

NMS is big enough for multiplayer, it’s just too much of a gimmick now. People tend to freak out and do stupid things when they stumble upon strangers. If feel like if it were more common place, like seeing an NPC at a space station… there would be less nonsense taking place when strangers did meet. If I’m playing the game and I meet someone else playing the game, it doesn’t mean we need to kill eachother. Maybe we exchange pleasantries, maybe share an emote, maybe we chat and decide to explore together, or maybe we both ignore each other and just go about our own business as if the stranger were just another NPC. When it gets to that point I’ll be interested.

5 Likes

We’ll continue to support No Man’s Sky in this way for the foreseeable future.

To some NEXT may have felt like a natural end-point for our journey, but for us it was another step on a longer voyage.

These 2 statements from the Press Release are significant and very encouraging. :grinning:

SM tweeting

5 Likes
4 Likes

@SingularGleam: I changed the category to ‘No Man’s Sky’

2 Likes

I’m hoping for even more planet types and fauna variety, as well as some more insane colors. Ship customization and multitool customization was datamined a long time ago, so maybe that will creep in as well. There is also another exo craft that never appeared.

3 Likes

Thanks! Sorry for the mistake :laughing:

2 Likes

Just one look at the very short video says there are some new looks coming. That must be a new hub of some sort for the multiplayer. I like the colors in it.

3 Likes

I am not really into the ‘multiplayer’ part of NMS and it therefor makes me happy to actually see it listed as one of the main 3 upcoming features. I can see it being further separated as an option instead of the, in my opinion, clumsy way it is done currently.

Looking forward to what else they have planned for us :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Sorry for the video in the wrong topic. I was too excited when I woke up to it lol.
I want the vivid colors back most of all.

3 Likes

No worries, having ‘General Discussion’ as the default, doesn’t help much when eager to post exciting news :wink:

3 Likes

The only thing I can think of is: Wait untill summer? It’s not even spring yet.

1 Like

It would be nice to have some more Community Events until then.

3 Likes

The only thing I’ll be looking for in an online game is the “off” switch.

8 Likes

:grin: Well, this does sound like a separate feature. Perhaps more like other games have.

4 Likes