NMS: BEYOND pre-release August 14

Thank you. I was ecstatic when I saw it. I cant wait for all of us to be excited for the new updates. And I will be thrilled to watch MacForADay new update videos :grin:

4 Likes

I go to install a free humble bundle game and I spy this. Whatā€™s this then? NMS updating?

3 Likes

From that clip, that is defiantly a new space station design. But it makes me wonder, will space stations now be procedurally generated? That would be cool if that was the case.

Or maybe you can buy oneā€¦:smiley:

5 Likes

14 Likes

Nice! Iā€™m posting that all over (you get the credit as usual)

3 Likes

So it beginsā€¦

3 Likes

be nice if they go back to how it all began.
But leave the way it is now.
I.Eā€¦ when starting a new game not having to go from A to Z and not in survial mode.

Bring the FUN backā€¦waiting

2 Likes

Here is my video discussing my thoughts on this new update announcement:

7 Likes

Iā€™m very excited to see what more great stuff they bring to nms, I love this game.
I think itā€™s hilarious that theyā€™re using the same title for this update as Elite Dangerous did with the last ā€œBeyondā€, I used to be a great fan of Elite Dangerous, more then 2500 hours played, but NMS has taken itā€™s place in my list of favorite games, together with Starpoint Gemini Warlords.

Kudos to Hello Games!!

6 Likes

Am I wrong, but I donā€™t remember seeing this on any of the previous releases: ā€˜ā€¦ and will be free for all existing players.ā€™?

3 Likes

existing playersā€¦meaning all who already own the game. That makes sense. HG has gone above and beyondā€¦lolā€¦no pun intended. They have stressed before that the updates are free.

5 Likes

It said exactly the same thing on the teaser trailer for NEXT

It means you have to buy the game, then all updates are free

Itā€™s a buy-to-play business model, as opposed to a free-to-play business model where the initial game is free but additional content is paid. Exact opposites, in fact.

5 Likes

Thanks! Good memory.

3 Likes

I think the NMS Online will be more than just upscaling the current multiplayer.

It could possibly include the ability for guilds, large scale ship battles, player-built cities, or inserted content that is not procedurally generated.

I think the other two parts will be a space overhaul and a storyline that will include a villain that is for developed characters (after Altas Path and Atlas Rises are complete.)

4 Likes

I think guilds for sure, but for me - this is my chill out game, I have no desire to interact or even converse with others while I play. That being said, Iā€™m all for more options on how to play, so I hope whatever they have in store for multiplayer is terrific. Whatever it is, I know I wonā€™t be forced into it, nor will it detract from my experience and enjoyment in any way.
And who knows? Maybe the mp will be so intriguing I do check it out!

8 Likes

multiplayer experience which empowers players everywhere in the universe to meet and play together. Whilst this brings people together like never before,

Could this statement mean crossplay? It would be so nice to join up with PS4 and Xbox ppl. :+1:

10 Likes

SM still tweeting

7 Likes

Noticed a couple of interesting things:

NMS NEXT introduced MILLIONS of new players to the game.
That must have been a wonderful Ā£ boost to Hello Games & also explains how they are able to keep on working on making updates.

I get the impression from comments all over the place, that a lot of NMS players are not into multiplayer. If Hello Games are watching, then I hope they are still embracing both types of chosen gameplay, even if they are channeling a considerable amount into developing multiplayer features. They sound like they still acknowledge the chilled-out solo explorer. :crossed_fingers:

The ā€˜hangerā€™ in the teaser reminded me of the abandoned stations. Iā€™m hoping for a revised Command Ship (freighter) landing bay to correct the various graphic faults, although I think it may be something totally new.

Always fun to speculateā€¦
New Space Station?
New Freighter/Command Ship hanger?
New Hub Centre for Multiplayer?
New Atlas Station or a New Anomoly?
New never before seen Alien Structureā€¦

7 Likes

My speculation: that is a multiplayer hub and multiplay will be a seperate feature from regular play. Similar to what other games have.

5 Likes

Not gonna lie, not thrilled about the online aspect. Looking forward to hear about the rest, though.

Butā€¦ wasnā€™t going from A to Z pretty much all there was to the original game?
Also, last time I checked, survival mode wasnā€™t mandatoryā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue:

My guess would be that most of those would be XBoxers and chinese folkā€¦

And, darn it, they could at least have made that space station in the trailer less blurry :confounded:

2 Likes