NMS: BEYOND pre-release August 14

When I am up high in RL, like say climbing a firewatch tower, the bottom of my feet tingle, lol. I am wondering if it will happen in VR. I have had very limited exposure to VR. My experiences did not make me sick but left me slightly disoriented for just a few minutes after I came out of the VR.
In school, I was that kid on the merry-go-round hanging on for dear life screaming ‘faster, faster’ ! And I have a few hills near my home where I deliberately try to make everyone’s stomachs flip-flop…people sometimes threaten me when we travel in that direction…:smiling_imp:

7 Likes

Thanks frozenbullet7, toddumptious, and sheralmyst!
I feel much better about it now. Since I’m also a horror movie/game fanatic, I thought I might try Until Dawn VR. In that game you’re on a underground mine looking place. It looks like you’re kind of on a roller coaster fighting off horrible monsters. I figured if I can get through that, I should be ok for NMS lol. Then I saw a video from MacForADay, poor guy got sick unfortunately when he was playing a VR game that was kind of spinny lol. He’s so cool he videotaped it and had to go because he got so nausious.

There are some games like you suggested that help get the VR legs. I will try those suggestions too, thank you. I plan on getting my VR in a couple weeks so I can get use to it way before NMS VR comes out. I’m getting such a kick out of Sean Murray’s tweets about how VR has changed his NMS experience lol.

I love roller coasters and elevators. I love plane trips. The thing that made me sick to my stomach and throw up was when I took my kids on the tilt-a-wheel. Anything that you spin on in circles I puke my guts out. I do have car and boat sickness. I plan on buying some dramamine as well as I heard that would help if I got nausious(sp). lol I would have done the same thing when younger like you did with the hills sheralmyst LMAO.

I’ve also been quiet lately because I have been making new saves so that I can explore the galaxies. I have a save in Hilbert Demension now and plan on going to Calypso. I have two saves in Essentiam. I plan on going to the next galaxy eventually when I get to the core. Then I just made a new save where I want to go to a vicious galaxy at the end of the Atlas journey. I didn’t care for Ancient galaxy. I tried that and it was kind of blah lol. I am on a journey to find those blasted dinosaurs like the ones in the NMS original trailer when I first bought the game.

Also when Beyond comes out, I’ll buy a digital copy of all of it, so I’ll have a second copy in case my disk gets too worn out lol.

I hope you all have had a fantastic Spring, and will have a great Summer of wonderous anticipation for Beyond! :smiley:

7 Likes

I’m going to buy the new era release of NMS Beyond, simply to support HG. They won’t notice my tiny contribution but I don’t mind.
I’ve gotten so much out of the game since the first day so I’m going to buy it again in its much improved state.

12 Likes
6 Likes

Interesting.

A little snippet:

With the launch imminent, and all the debugging that’s usually associated with such things (at least when Hello Games do them), you’d think HG would want all their relevant programmers on hand to deal with the fallout.

So I find it intriguing that Innes McKendrick (lead programmer) has just announced a five-month walk, from Canada to Mexico.

It seems that whatever programming skills will be required at launch, Innes’ are not amongst them.

Is that a clue to the third section of Beyond?

3 Likes

The Wiki describes McKendrick as a former programmer at Hello Games. Not sure when he left.

3 Likes

Imminent… Is not quite the right word, I think.

2 Likes

Perhaps an announcement on part 3 is imminent.

1 Like

im·mi·nent.

[ˈimənənt]

ADJECTIVE

1.about to happen.

“they were in imminent danger of being swept away”

synonyms:

impending · at hand · close · near · approaching · fast approaching ·
[more]

archaic

overhanging.

5 Likes

Well that’s a question of nuance, I think.

“Forthcoming” might be technically more accurate.
“Impending” would be more weighty.
“Anticipated” would indicate desire, and
“Pineapple” would be more surreal.

But try as I might, I can’t make it work with “pedantic”. :grinning:

5 Likes

No Man’s Sky Online
No Man’s Sky: VR
No Man’s Sky: Walking Simulator!
Oh wait, already taken care of! :smile:

Perhaps Imminently Imminent.

7 Likes

Interview at 38 minute mark
“…BEYOND has a whole bunch of that kind of stuff…”

7 Likes
3 Likes

Not to get anyone excited, wanted to bring discussion back to this. Thanks to some of our fellow Citizen Scientists on youtube I have been hearing Hello Games is testing Save files etc. I basically research daily for any updates or news. What have you all heard from the ether so far? When do you expect the update to drop, june, july? Just curious and giving this thread a light necro.

5 Likes

I expect the update to drop in late july or early august, as “usual”. I think they learned from the launch of Next and are taking more time to test their save game migration.
It would sure be nice to know what the third part of the update will be, though. I hope we’ll learn that this month. Or at least some hints.

7 Likes

EMILY is controlling HG!!!

3 Likes
8 Likes

I expect the update to drop in late july or early august, as “usual”… It would sure be nice to know what the third part of the update will be, though. I hope we’ll learn that this month. Or at least some hints.

Well there is that glaring hint of the third room in the Anomaly Space Station :slight_smile: Hopefully that will be activated by the Atlas Passes we all received in the post! Didn’t we???

*Snif Sniff … (I still haven’t received one) … *Sad ever so sad face… I’ll never get back to Euclid at this rate :frowning: …It’s going to be a long walk.

9 Likes

I didn’t get one either. Loyalty and dedication count for nothing. :anguished:

7 Likes

The Valve Index VR Kit, only (cough)£919.00…

I’d better start saving :slight_smile:

16 Likes